Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Has anyone been affected?

In the early of this year the Atlanta Regional Office informed lots of employers of their LCs demolished that affected many LCs with the regional receipt date around May 2003. Those employers were required to provide new Form ETA 750 with the recruitment evidence. As a result, the case has been assigned a new case number. Do not know whether those re-filed cases will be processed according to the original receipt date or the new one but will know it soon because they are supposed to process the May 2003 case this or next month. Has anyone been affected?

Can you please provide the source of this. also did DOL let the lawyer know about that too or did they just inform the employer. Boss do not scare me at this juncture when I am expecting that my LC should be certified sometime.

Or in other words what you are saying is all this time I have been checking the status of somebody else on the AVM. Please let me know the source so I can forward that to my lawyer so she can contact DOL regarding this as my company did not tell anything (Anyway they are least bothored about my GC, they are just providing the documents that are needed)

compiler said:
In the early of this year the Atlanta Regional Office informed lots of employers of their LCs demolished that affected many LCs with the regional receipt date around May 2003. Those employers were required to provide new Form ETA 750 with the recruitment evidence. As a result, the case has been assigned a new case number. Do not know whether those re-filed cases will be processed according to the original receipt date or the new one but will know it soon because they are supposed to process the May 2003 case this or next month. Has anyone been affected?

menonsatishb said:
Friends ... looks like most of you are prepared with your I-140 and I-485 application.
Can you please provide us a checklist of documents needed ,procedures followed for medicals etc. I have a long wait ... but I am sure this document will be useful for somebody whose labor is expected soon.

try www.immihelp.com

See Inline...
compiler said:
In the early of this year the Atlanta Regional Office informed lots of employers of their LCs demolished that affected many LCs with the regional receipt date around May 2003. Those employers were required to provide new Form ETA 750 with the recruitment evidence. As a result, the case has been assigned a new case number.

... From where you got this info?

DOL may ask you to refill 750 and do recruitment again but cannot assign a new case number and put them at the end of queue. If it's true, AILA would have been all over this story.

This is first time I heard something like this.

Do not know whether those re-filed cases will be processed according to the original receipt date or the new one but will know it soon because they are supposed to process the May 2003 case this or next month. Has anyone been affected?

Just another prank started :mad: .....

compiler said:

saurabh - i have decided that i am not going to worry about the LC or the gc. the gc will come when it comes i am not going to sweat my life for it. worse, i may have to go back to bombay and i am fine with that. i have started working on my masters degree as a back-up. life is too short to worry about LCs and GCs. it'll come when it comes.
good luck !!

saurabh_tulika said:
Can you please provide the source of this. also did DOL let the lawyer know about that too or did they just inform the employer. Boss do not scare me at this juncture when I am expecting that my LC should be certified sometime.

Or in other words what you are saying is all this time I have been checking the status of somebody else on the AVM. Please let me know the source so I can forward that to my lawyer so she can contact DOL regarding this as my company did not tell anything (Anyway they are least bothored about my GC, they are just providing the documents that are needed)

Good luck for anything you decide to do Nishokie.

nishokie said:
saurabh - i have decided that i am not going to worry about the LC or the gc. the gc will come when it comes i am not going to sweat my life for it. worse, i may have to go back to bombay and i am fine with that. i have started working on my masters degree as a back-up. life is too short to worry about LCs and GCs. it'll come when it comes.
good luck !!

saurabh_tulika said:

Please note not every LC got demolished at that time. Maybe you are lucky. Maybe your LC was not in that mailbox. Maybe your LC regional receipt was not in around May 2003. I saw it and the new case number has only 6 digits after GA. If someone LC was demolished, your lawyer should know it.

compiler said:
Please note not every LC got demolished at that time. Maybe you are lucky. Maybe your LC was not in that mailbox. Maybe your LC regional receipt was not in around May 2003. I saw it and the new case number has only 6 digits after GA.

... So that was an exception rather then a rule. Your previous post made us believe each and every case went through same treatment. Can you provide more details about case you are talking about.

If someone LC was demolished, your lawyer should know it.

Can you still provide the source of this information, if you do not mind, was the case you mentioned related to someone you knew? Also the CASE number for the regional does not have GA in front of it, GA is mentioned only in the cases that are still with the state, so you want to say that case has started altogether again, I hope it is not RIR sent back to non-RIR

compiler said:
Please note not every LC got demolished at that time. Maybe you are lucky. Maybe your LC was not in that mailbox. Maybe your LC regional receipt was not in around May 2003. I saw it and the new case number has only 6 digits after GA. If someone LC was demolished, your lawyer should know it.

Just to break the silence

Not that it's important so much for us in ATL dol the news about BEC but....

11/11/2004: Worrysome Vacuum in Labor Certification Processing During Reorganization and Transition

There are already a huge backlog in the permanent labor certification applications. However, information suggests that the labor certification applications at both state level and regional level are caught up in the reorganization process and not moving ahead. This has lasted for a while. One wonders how this has affected the total number of the backlogs which had already exceeded 300,000. People should remember that a large number of the backlog cases involve regular applications that need a "supervised" recruitment process which is a very time-consuming process demanding involvement of huge resources in the newly created backlog reduction centers. Besides, when reorganization brings in new resources with the limited experience and training, the process and adjudication often experience black and white approach and create so-called "training issues." We have yet to see the quality of the performance of the new backlog reduction centers. Depending on the performance of these backlog reduction centers, the goal of backlog reduction may face a serious challenge. We hope to see these backlog centers move ahead very quickly and flexibly so that they are not caught up in another bureaucratic red tapes and floods of NOFs or unreasonable assessment letters or RFEs!

:mad: It's Veterans day, will not see any news today

saurabh_tulika said:
Can you still provide the source of this information, if you do not mind, was the case you mentioned related to someone you knew? Also the CASE number for the regional does not have GA in front of it, GA is mentioned only in the cases that are still with the state, so you want to say that case has started altogether again, I hope it is not RIR sent back to non-RIR

I told you I saw the case. The GA DOL forwarded applications to US DOL in May 2003. The box opened at the US Postal Service and they lost files. So, the US DOL needed new original ETA 750, G-28 and a copy of recruitment effort from those affected employers. After that they sent a new case number to the lawyer or employer. Post this info just wants to know whether there is anyone in this group has been affected. As for whether the case has started altogether again, the answer is no. But I do not know whether the case will be processed according to May 2003 or new receipt date (this year) but will know it soon because they are supposed to process the May 2003 or earlier case this or next month. If there is no news received on your case (with the receipt May 2003 or earlier) in January 2005, then your lawyer or employer may have to call the Atlanta Regional Office. The exception is the PERM will be implemented someday and they have forwarded your pending case to the BRC. That's all.

Certified!!!

In the end certified, certified on Nov 10 as per AVM.
Does any one have any idea, as to how long it take for the lawyer to get the physical documents from DOL?

satishshetty5, It takes anywhere between 5-15 business days for attorney to receive the papers from INS.

My attorney received my papers in 7 days.

Good Luck.
mhsoor

satishshetty5 said:
Does any one have any idea, as to how long it take for the lawyer to get the physical documents from DOL?

Congratulations Satish, can you please tell the series of your Case Number and your DOT code. Atlast finally there is a good news for this week

Also the status of Satish Updated

satishshetty5 said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Satishshetty5 can you please tell how your company/Lawyer defended the resumes received and rejected, because I had received some resumes too when the advertisement was sent. This might be useful for me as well as some other people in the forum.

satishshetty5 said:

My Info.

Case No - 044035**
State received date - June 2002
Regional received date - May 2003
Remand to employer - Sep 17 2004
Remand reason - Number of resumes received and reason for rejection.
Certified - Nov 10 2004

In my case, employer had received only two resumes in response to the ad placed, and they were rejected on technical reasons.

If PERM implemented sometime beginning of 2005, do you say if our case is not certified by them, it will be forwarded to BRC ?
I thought only Dallas,SFO and philly cases are fwded to BRC :confused:

compiler said:
I told you I saw the case. The GA DOL forwarded applications to US DOL in May 2003. The box opened at the US Postal Service and they lost files. So, the US DOL needed new original ETA 750, G-28 and a copy of recruitment effort from those affected employers. After that they sent a new case number to the lawyer or employer. Post this info just wants to know whether there is anyone in this group has been affected. As for whether the case has started altogether again, the answer is no. But I do not know whether the case will be processed according to May 2003 or new receipt date (this year) but will know it soon because they are supposed to process the May 2003 or earlier case this or next month. If there is no news received on your case (with the receipt May 2003 or earlier) in January 2005, then your lawyer or employer may have to call the Atlanta Regional Office. The exception is the PERM will be implemented someday and they have forwarded your pending case to the BRC. That's all.