Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

No I have never called the live person in DOL, because I was told that it is not good to call them and also it is only HR of the company or the Lawyer who can call them.

Secondly what do you recommend should I ask them, I can ask my HR guy to talk to them, what is the number. Just by asking the status of the case would it be enough (If you have spoken to Live person there what was your experience)

Some_GreenCard said:
Saurabh_tulika Did You ever call ATL DOL live person and ask about your status ?

Saurabh_tulika,

404 562 2115 is the number to call ATL DOL live person. Yes, i have spoken to live person may be 4 months back because i was curious at that time. I told i am calling from my company (mentioned company name) and asked about the status about the request that (mentioned company name & attorney name) made for request 750 form returned for correction. If you ask them just about status of your case, they might tell to check AVM. You need to twist your question little bit so that they will look on your case. If you are lucky enough to get nice person...they might answer your question...otherwise no big deal......

IF your HR is ready to talk to them....that is very good

hi
have a question which does not pertain to this forum topic .but could anyone plz tell me what are the average lawyer fees for filing h1b and h4 extension .
just the lawyer fees (exclusive of the filing fees to be paid to the dept.)

i know it varies from state but in general just wanted to know the avg amt .

Laywer Fees

Hi mans22,
Lawyer fees can vary greatly. I had a friend who had contacted one (economical) lawyer to get cost for an H-1B transfer (since his company was not willing to pay for it). He had got a quote for $1200 in addition to actual filing fees. I know for companies, lawyers often charge $2000-$3000, but don't know the exact ammounts.
- Dru

MANS22 I I have paid for my H-1B myself and the lawyer charged $1000 for that. Check the H-1B forums and you would be able to find more info on that.

mans22 said:
hi
have a question which does not pertain to this forum topic .but could anyone plz tell me what are the average lawyer fees for filing h1b and h4 extension .
just the lawyer fees (exclusive of the filing fees to be paid to the dept.)

i know it varies from state but in general just wanted to know the avg amt .

This is just freaking me .......
Somebody tell what is going on ATL DOL.....they almost stopped processing any of the cases....very few we could see from Saurab analysis.. :confused:
USALABOR said:
Avm status same old..... :)

Why my info is not in www.flcdatacenter.com

Hi experts....
My labor application was cleared at State level (filed on Aug'22, 2004)
and the case was forwarded to Atlanta on November 8th, 2004.

Got two questions regarding my case...........

1. Why dont I see any info regarding my case in www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp?

2.Tried the atlanta phone number and the used the case number that used to show up on SWA website. And it says case not found.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

flcdatacenter.com is not current, cases are updated till DOL recd date Dec 2003.
AVM is updated till April 2004 (not sure on this, just by analyzing the forum)

joegr9 said:
Hi experts....
My labor application was cleared at State level (filed on Aug'22, 2004)
and the case was forwarded to Atlanta on November 8th, 2004.

Got two questions regarding my case...........

1. Why dont I see any info regarding my case in www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp?

2.Tried the atlanta phone number and the used the case number that used to show up on SWA website. And it says case not found.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Hi guys

My labor was certified on 27th october. But my lawyer still has'nt recived the official notice.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to recieve the letter from the dol?

Also once again guys your cases too will be certified soon. Dol from what I hear is speeding up everything. So dont worry guys......it will happen soon!

Seannc,
Your words give me some encouragement...Thnxs..
Usually you should receive your approval labor in two weeks right!!!
Ask your HR or lawyer to give call and find out what is happening...
BTW..have you started preparing for I140-485 ?
:)
Seannc said:
Hi guys

My labor was certified on 27th october. But my lawyer still has'nt recived the official notice.

Also once again guys your cases too will be certified soon. Dol from what I hear is speeding up everything. So dont worry guys......it will happen soon!

God Bless you Seannc on writing something that is encouraging. What I have heard is the notice is received in between 2 days to a months time frame, I would recommend you ask your attorney or HR team to call the ATL DOL office, but at least by them you should get other stuff finished for filing your 140 (like Medical and other stuff). Good luck for your next steps and please keep us posted on how it is going there :) . I heard TSC is really processing the cases very fast now (less than a year).

I am very sure all of will join you there on the other forums very soon :rolleyes:

Seannc said:
Hi guys

Some_greencard,

My lawyer just sent me a copy of the approval. He got it yesterday.
Yes, I have all the papers ready to submit for 140/485. My lawyer will be submitting the paperwork sometime nextweek.

I am glad my words encourage you. Atlanta dol has 98% approval rate. So chances are extremely rare for a denial. The only problem is a long long wait which I did too for more than 2 yrs. But you will be certified for sure sooner or later. So not to worry.

Some_GreenCard said:
Seannc,
Your words give me some encouragement...Thnxs..
Usually you should receive your approval labor in two weeks right!!!
Ask your HR or lawyer to give call and find out what is happening...
BTW..have you started preparing for I140-485 ?
:)

Friends ... looks like most of you are prepared with your I-140 and I-485 application.
Can you please provide us a checklist of documents needed ,procedures followed for medicals etc. I have a long wait ... but I am sure this document will be useful for somebody whose labor is expected soon.