Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

The case with the regional filing receipt May 2003 is expected adjudication in November, December. The retrogression of available immigrant visas in the third employment-based category (EB3) may occur as early as January 2005, likely from India and China. As long as your LC or I-140 has been filed for more than 365 days, you are eligible for the post 6 year H extension.

Sure Saurabh,
I did put it up here, but no one had any thing to say :rolleyes:
My Lawyer is going to reply, this week hopefully.
Here is what I had posted
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=943824#post943824

DOL disregarded my experience in India - which happened to be with the Sister company of the current Firm I am working for.

saurabh_tulika said:
Sanan if your labor has been applied for since last 365 days there should not be a issue for the extension. I am already in my 7th year extension and there is no news about my LC status, you had a NOF for work exp, can you please ealaborate on it a little bit, do you have more or do you have less experience.

Ok

This does not sound bad! I still have 2 months to apply for my 140! Lets go ATL DOL! :D
compiler said:
The case with the regional filing receipt May 2003 is expected adjudication in November, December. The retrogression of available immigrant visas in the third employment-based category (EB3) may occur as early as January 2005, likely from India and China. As long as your LC or I-140 has been filed for more than 365 days, you are eligible for the post 6 year H extension.

Hey Hey Hey

Don't misquote me dude!!
You missed the question mark after no extension after retrogession? :confused:

I know its all so confusing!! Don't worry (naiyaa paar lag jayegi :p )
mans22 said:
hi guys
our case has been trfd to atl dol may 2004 and to date havent recd a case no or any confirmation .
was going thur the posts and read abt the retrogession dates and someone posted there would be no extension after retrogession could someone plz explain whats that all abt ?
our 6 yrs h1b is expiirng in feb 2006 and we have yet to apply for extension from feb 2005 to feb 2006 (6th yr ).
hope someone could throw some light on the extension and retrogession date issues.

Sanan, this is exactly the same scenario which I had when I was with my previous company and I had my LC approved there, but unfortunately I had to leave then (Stupid me). In than company I had some experience in India and some here in US for the same company and my HR people there showed it as two companies and eventually got the labor approved, so I am sure your LC will be approved too, once your Lawyer responds to it. :)

Sanan said:
Sure Saurabh,
I did put it up here, but no one had any thing to say :rolleyes:
My Lawyer is going to reply, this week hopefully.
Here is what I had posted
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=943824#post943824

DOL disregarded my experience in India - which happened to be with the Sister company of the current Firm I am working for.

Phewww! That makes me feel better. :)
How long did it take for them to approve you after your lawyer replied?

saurabh_tulika said:
Sanan, this is exactly the same scenario which I had when I was with my previous company and I had my LC approved there, but unfortunately I had to leave then (Stupid me). In than company I had some experience in India and some here in US for the same company and my HR people there showed it as two companies and eventually got the labor approved, so I am sure your LC will be approved too, once your Lawyer responds to it. :)

Do not ask that, it were the good old days when the process for labour was the fastest among all the other processes (140 / 485 etc). Anyway I had my labor approved there (total from state filing to approval in 4 months) .

Only thing is was your exerience in the sister company in the relevant field which is mentioned in your application.

Sanan said:
Phewww! That makes me feel better. :)
How long did it take for them to approve you after your lawyer replied?

Guys,

My case transferred to ATL DOL in Sept 2003, Still waiting for certification.
I also filed a labour from a diffrent company in chicago and got certified in jan 2004.
Now i have been waiting here for last one year hoping atlanta will process faster but the cases are not moving at all.
I have a good job here except the labour tension. If i go for chicago labour they will not file my 140/485 until i work for them, Is it better to leave the current company and join the chicago company and look for job again or wait here hoping my turn is next for certification.
All this retrogression hype is making me tempt to go for chicago one.
Is it better off leaving a good job and better pay for faster GC or stick with the current company hoping my turn is next, Guys your suggestions please ......

04404000 to 04404231

Something if anyone is interested on, Below are some numbers for two different DOT codes and also the count of different cases in different statuses

STATUS OCC COUNT
Certified 030.062-010 7
NOF 030.062-010 2
Received 030.062-010 4
REMAND 030.062-010 1

Around 50% of cases certifed (7 out of 14)
Certified 030.162-014 5
NOF 030.162-014 3
Received 030.162-014 10
REMAND 030.162-014 2

Around 25% of cases certified (5 out of 20)

There are some more which I have not checked yet.

No approval?

Has anyone heads of any approval in last 10 days (Precisely after October 27)? It looks like DOL Atlanta is already in the PERM mood?

Last edited by a moderator:
Labor Substitution

Is it possible to substitute (approved) Labor in the same company which is doing my Labor by RIR (regular process) ?

Thanks.

Yes among the list above there are two cases which were certified one on Nov 4th and the other one on Nov 5th

Jaiatl said:
Has anyone heads of any approval in last 10 days (Precisely after October 27)? It looks like DOL Atlanta is already in the PERM mood?

Yes. One of my friend did it

zoar13 said:
Is it possible to substitute (approved) Labor in the same company which is doing my Labor by RIR (regular process) ?

Thanks.

floridalc said:
Guys,

My case transferred to ATL DOL in Sept 2003, Still waiting for certification.
I also filed a labour from a diffrent company in chicago and got certified in jan 2004.
Now i have been waiting here for last one year hoping atlanta will process faster but the cases are not moving at all.
I have a good job here except the labour tension. If i go for chicago labour they will not file my 140/485 until i work for them, Is it better to leave the current company and join the chicago company and look for job again or wait here hoping my turn is next for certification.
All this retrogression hype is making me tempt to go for chicago one.
Is it better off leaving a good job and better pay for faster GC or stick with the current company hoping my turn is next, Guys your suggestions please ......

Hai floridalc ,

Your case may get certified in one month or it may take 6 months also.Who knows.If you do not have any personal problem or contract problem in moving go ahead and join with new company with LC approved.

I guess good news stopped coming in the forum..
Saurab..you are the next person in the list to get certified..i didnt see any approval. This seems to be very discouraging with things going on with EB3 visa numbers cut off.. :confused:

I checked with some case numbers numbers yesterday and there wer some certified on Nov 5th, that means DOL is doing something
Some_GreenCard said:
I guess good news stopped coming in the forum..
Saurab..you are the next person in the list to get certified..i didnt see any approval. This seems to be very discouraging with things going on with EB3 visa numbers cut off.. :confused:

saurabh_tulika said:
I checked with some case numbers numbers yesterday and there wer some certified on Nov 5th, that means DOL is doing something

Can you tell us what was the RD for cases certified on Nov 5th?

Thanks

11/05 was for May 16th 2003, this was remanded and then Certified Dot Code - 030.062-010

11/04 was for Jun 2nd 2003, DOT code was 030.162-014.

I hope it helps

oanacn said:
Can you tell us what was the RD for cases certified on Nov 5th?

Thanks

Check the AVM, it has been updated, I saw a number which got certified yesterday for the same DOT code as mine. Although as usual miune said (RECEIVED BY REGIONAL OFFICE ON 5/24), the RD for this approved case is 5/28