Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Rim,
I do not think Atlanta DOL goes on the basis of Case ,numbers but usually based on the receipt date,if they follow the usual processing, based on the processing times on the DOL page.(Though exceptions are there when it cleared even 2004 cases before the 2003 cases). It assigns the case number when they they get to it. In my case and others case I think what happened was someone misplaced the file and when inquiry was made about this they entered the stuff to the system with a case number and a date when they did that and later they updated it with the correct date of recepit.My attorney said she will initiate a query if the processing times changes to July 2003 and nothing happens to the case and she also added she has seen cases where the case suddenly comes into the system from nowwhere and gets approved. OH well..after all it all sounds like a game...:) . I am taking it that way. I will wait for 5-6 months more and if nothing happens by then I am going back to India.Tired of this waiting..None of us eserves this kind of treatment.

Rim,
I forgot to mention one more thing.
We have cases which got transferred from our company on September 2003 which has case numbers 04414XXXX and cases which got transferred on Nov which starts with 04415xxx and 04416xxx respectively.There is a case which got approved in march 2004 which has a case number of 04413XXX also to make it more confusing. :)

hi ga2003
Do you mind telling us what the reason for your I-140 rejection was? Might give us some insight into what to expect in the next phase.
frog

Efrog,
It was allaboutgc's 140 which was rejected not mine. One of my friends 140 got rejected and what I heard was it had something to do with the advertisement. I was not able to contact him yet since he has gone to India right now.Will update you once I hear from him

My bad ga2003 .............
Same question for allaboutgc, if you dont mind telling us why the I-140 was rejected?
frog

Prevailing Wage NOF

OK, I just received the NOF letter from the DOL office and it is regarding the previling wage higher that the offered salary.

If the employer is not willing to increase the salary to the prevailing wage then what would be the implications. does anyone know here about it or does anyone gone through the similar NOF. Please respond

Hi saurabh_tulika,
Did your E750A list Master's degree or BS + n years of experience as requirment? I'm just wondering why your prevailing wage is for level II not level I. I know people with same occ had prevailing wage for level I.

Thanks.

saurabh_tulika said:
OK, I just received the NOF letter from the DOL office and it is regarding the previling wage higher that the offered salary.

If the employer is not willing to increase the salary to the prevailing wage then what would be the implications. does anyone know here about it or does anyone gone through the similar NOF. Please respond

Use independent salary survey reports?

Saurabh,

Can your lawyer show DOL some independent salary surveys for 2002 (whenever your labor was filed) indicating a much lower average prevailing wage for your title? Coz DOL themselves know that their prevailing wage scales for 2002/03 for - "Applications Software Engineer" etc were wayyy high! Let us know what you find out! Good luck man - i have no doubt your case will be certified much before the year end though! :) Take it easy!

- HG

saurabh_tulika said:

We have had the Independent Salary Survey done for Oct 2002 when my papers were sent, do you think that would be good enough, That survey was for 23 companies for the similar background.

HotlantaGuy, I saw a posting from you after a long time, I know your case was also for May 23 2003 as per the Status list, can you update us on your case.

HotlantaGuy said:
Saurabh,

Can your lawyer show DOL some independent salary surveys for 2002 (whenever your labor was filed) indicating a much lower average prevailing wage for your title? Coz DOL themselves know that their prevailing wage scales for 2002/03 for - "Applications Software Engineer" etc were wayyy high! Let us know what you find out! Good luck man - i have no doubt your case will be certified much before the year end though! :) Take it easy!

- HG

My E750 listed BS plus 2 years of Experience, although I have 8 years of Experienc. But this was done because of Prevailing Wage issue only, as I was already coming close to my 5th year H-1 completion and thins was the only job I had in my hands {As I was virtually laid off :D , my previous company told me to move to India}

lavendersummer said:
Hi saurabh_tulika,
Did your E750A list Master's degree or BS + n years of experience as requirment? I'm just wondering why your prevailing wage is for level II not level I. I know people with same occ had prevailing wage for level I.

Thanks.

Update on LCs for DOT code 165.167-014???

Hi dear gurus,

I've been a silent watcher of this forum for a while now, and was wondering if anyone could help answer my question...

How do I look up the cases being certified/processed with DOT code 165.167-014 (Public Relations)? The ones I usually see here are for software engineers and system analysts, and I don't know how you guys get that info. Please help!!!

Thank you so much!

I c. good luck to u.

saurabh_tulika said:
My E750 listed BS plus 2 years of Experience, although I have 8 years of Experienc. But this was done because of Prevailing Wage issue only, as I was already coming close to my 5th year H-1 completion and thins was the only job I had in my hands {As I was virtually laid off :D , my previous company told me to move to India}

congratulations your case was finally touched. the 485 dates are going to retrogress in january 2005 so it would make sense to get all your paperwork ready right now rather than wait till you get your labor certified.

saurabh_tulika said: