Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Help on new policies from Jan 2005

Have tried to follow up on the discussions at this forum and others as well (including those on Philly and Dallas BECs).

Still confused :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can somebody review the various likely scenarios -

what cases are likely to be shifted to BECs

Will ATL DOL still operate after Jan 2005 (even on unopened cases as on Jan 1, 2005)

what cases are likely to shift to these BECs from ATL DOL (in case they are)??

Will all cases b4 a certain date be shifted to the BECs??? Will all cases after that date be handled by ATL DOL ??
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
or the other way round - all cases after a certain cut off date will be shifted to BECs and ATL DOL works on all cases b4 that date ??

if PERM is not implemented - ATL and Chicago will operate as BRCs. Any impact of that on the cases already filed at these centers

Why does it all have to be so secretive ?? Why cant the immigration guys come out clear on the policies to be followed?? :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess what figured out the process of attaching documents to messages :D

So that analysis I did is being presented in an excel file

Sorry for the repetition of the message

By the way the file you downloaded (if the name is Perm.ZIP) has not been updated since January 2004.

TampaBelle said:
Guess what figured out the process of attaching documents to messages :D

So that analysis I did is being presented in an excel file

Sorry for the repetition of the message

saurabh_tulika said:
By the way the file you downloaded (if the name is Perm.ZIP) has not been updated since January 2004.

I beleive the new cases received by ATL DOL have not been updated into their databse and the perm.zip file.

the database might however be updated regularly on the updates of the processing, if any. Only explanation why only so few cases left in May 2003.

Let me check again with April Data :rolleyes:

saurabh_tulika said:

I had used the search function on the ATL DOL States for May 2003 onwards. The perm.zip file is way too big to be handled.

U r probably right on that - practically all the April cases are shown as Recd regional Office.

So I have been beating around some bush :(

Guess it doesnt matter - anyway helped soothe some of my nerves by doing all that stuff :D

I think they just finished entering data for April 2004. Atleast my case was mentioned only now since the past week or so.

mans22 said:
hello
did any applicants whose case's have been trfd to atl in may 2004 recd a case no yet ?
ours was trfd on may 6th 2004 .
not recd a case no to date.

Iam happy for you Saurabh...atleast they have touched your case, it wont go to BEC or NPC. Keep following your NOF and you will soon certified...Congrats :)

Updated the statusList.

Kindly continue to check my case on AVM as you have been doing it for me for last couple of days.. :)
All the very best for the next step.
saurabh_tulika said:
AVM is updated and I have been issued a NOF

Strange are the ways of Atlanta DOL

Hi all,
I have been a silent watcher of this forum. We are doing a great job by sharing the information here. After watching it for over year I thought I should share my info too here.You will be confused with the ways in which Atlanta DOL works.
In Jan 2003 i applied for my GC along with 2 of my collegues. We heard the news that all our cases have been forwarded to Federeal on July 1st. By september 13th my other 2 collegues got their labor approved while i did not even get my case number.So I contacted my attorney and she said my case number was actually forwarded on June 2003, before my collegue's case numbers were passed to Atlanta DOL! ! !. Still did not even get my case number but they got their labor certified.... When the time of my 7th year extension came my company enquired about my GC status and I told them what happened.This initiaited a query to the DOL for which they replied that my case was forwared on June 2003 to DOL.The next day the AVM was updated with a new case number for my company's phone number stating that a case has been received by them on June 4 2004(This is the same date they faxed a reply to Attorney's query about my GC status). This date worried me and I have been contacting my attorney ever since and she had been saying that the AVM is updated wrong.Still I was worried. Last night AVM was updated with the correct date for my Case number(Now I know it is my case number because atlast....it says the date June 23 2003 as the received date and the June 4 2004 case disappeared from the system.
Strange are the ways of DOL. So while you guys waited for ur labor to be cleared. I waited more than 22 months to get my case to AVM :).
These are my case details
Case number 04417684 DOT code 030.062.010

ga2003,

Man, sometimes life is just so unfair, but that is life. God makes it different for everyone.
My 140 was rejected before, and had to start from fresh, while my collegues got their GCs and are enjoying vacation in Europe without worrying about being laid off. I am still working like a dog.

Sometimes life is so tough.

Last edited by a moderator:
allabout gc
Thanks for the message...Hope everything will go finefor uthis time. But why was your 140 rejected? Is it more about the company??One of my friends also that his 140 got rejected recently

Hi Ga2003 , Welcome aboard..
Very strange your case number range...my case fwd to ATL July 2003 and case number range is 044059**.

:confused:
ga2003 said:
Hi all,
I have been a silent watcher of this forum. We are doing a great job by sharing the information here. After watching it for over year I thought I should share my info too here.You will be confused with the ways in which Atlanta DOL works.
In Jan 2003 i applied for my GC along with 2 of my collegues. We heard the news that all our cases have been forwarded to Federeal on July 1st. By september 13th my other 2 collegues got their labor approved while i did not even get my case number.So I contacted my attorney and she said my case number was actually forwarded on June 2003, before my collegue's case numbers were passed to Atlanta DOL! ! !. Still did not even get my case number but they got their labor certified.... When the time of my 7th year extension came my company enquired about my GC status and I told them what happened.This initiaited a query to the DOL for which they replied that my case was forwared on June 2003 to DOL.The next day the AVM was updated with a new case number for my company's phone number stating that a case has been received by them on June 4 2004(This is the same date they faxed a reply to Attorney's query about my GC status). This date worried me and I have been contacting my attorney ever since and she had been saying that the AVM is updated wrong.Still I was worried. Last night AVM was updated with the correct date for my Case number(Now I know it is my case number because atlast....it says the date June 23 2003 as the received date and the June 4 2004 case disappeared from the system.
Strange are the ways of DOL. So while you guys waited for ur labor to be cleared. I waited more than 22 months to get my case to AVM :).
These are my case details
Case number 04417684 DOT code 030.062.010

Hi ga2003,

My case also same as yours. My collegue case already cleared and also a month back he got I140 approved. It took more than 1 year to get my case#. My case number also start with 04417***.

So we are in the same boat.

Hi ga2003, Atl0624,
I guess my case is very similar, I am not so sure though as i started tracking it recently ... my case was transfered to ATL DOL in Sept 03. I did not enquire about the status of my case and my attorney was dilly dally on sharing the case #. Few months back I got the # and it starts with 04415*** and correct receipt date (sept 2003)

Now a questions for gurus, what does the received date and this # means as far as processing is concerned, does DOL process the case by received date or by case #?

Hi DOL0903, ga2003, Atl0624,
I guess you guys are in slightly worse situation then us.
04408xxx range is for aug/sep'03 cases. and 0441xxx range suppose to be '04 cases, so ATL might lost you cases during they entered the cases in the system and after they found your cases they just entered the cases based on current case numbers available. So your cases will be touched with '04 cases as they are working on case number basis.
The whole thing is my analysis so i might be wrong.
sorry guys for my negative analysis but from ATL what do u expect?. :eek:

rim
ATL DOL: 9th Sept, 03
04408xxx