Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Post retrogression strategy

Hello all,
Since reality is staring us in the face more sharply than ever, I wanted to see if anyone of you has sought any professional advise from your attorney about teh post retrogression world?
And most importantly, if you would like to share that advise/strategy.
More specifically I am looking to see if anyone of you know whether one can seek EADs in the post retrogression world w/o filing I-485 ? or are the EADs a direct benefit of pending 485?
Does that mean that the only way to keep on working would be to keep filing H extensions, and hope that dates move faster so U can file 485?

Anyone out there like to comment on these issues ? Much thanks to everyone in advance.
frog

See Inline
eefrog said:
Hello all,
Since reality is staring us in the face more sharply than ever, I wanted to see if anyone of you has sought any professional advise from your attorney about teh post retrogression world?
More specifically I am looking to see if anyone of you know whether one can seek EADs in the post retrogression world w/o filing I-485 ? or are the EADs a direct benefit of pending 485?
No, EAD can only be filed when the 485 is pending, there is no way as of now to get the EAD without filing the 485

Does that mean that the only way to keep on working would be to keep filing H extensions, and hope that dates move faster so U can file 485?

Unfortunately, You are absolutely right here

Anyone out there like to comment on these issues ? Much thanks to everyone in advance.
frog

retrogession and h4 visa holders

hi
so with the retrogession it would affect the spouses on h4 also .since for them Ead is the only hope to start working in case they dont get h1 sponsorship . thats very sad .is there any other alternative for them to start working in absence of ead .

No, EAD would be your last hope for that
mans22 said:
hi
so with the retrogession it would affect the spouses on h4 also .since for them Ead is the only hope to start working in case they dont get h1 sponsorship . thats very sad .is there any other alternative for them to start working in absence of ead .

eefrog said:
Hello all,
I have sent email to my HR and reply was not to worry, we can extend your H1 - (only as long as i have project to work) Company seems to be DONT CARE

Big NO NO... you cannot get EAD until you file 485

unfortunately YES, keep extending H and keep looking on Priority dates move..WE WILL MEET IN NEW THREAD ...PRIORITY DATE WAITING THREAD

frog

Iam also looking every forum/article to see what other people thoughts about this.

If anybody wants to follow / analyze which case ATL DOL is working on can use this excel sheet. Contains case # between range 04404*** for case received date between 5/1/03 - 5/30/03 for ATL DOL (only software related cases)

hi
can anybody tell me which USCIS Service Centers will the labour applicants of atl dol have to file their 1-485.?
the center to file is determined by what ? your resident state ,your company state etc

I have updated the spreadsheet with certain statuses

Some_GreenCard said:
If anybody wants to follow / analyze which case ATL DOL is working on can use this excel sheet. Contains case # between range 04404*** for case received date between 5/1/03 - 5/30/03 for ATL DOL (only software related cases)

Guys, I hope DOL feel pitty oon us and comeup with an alternative plan to achive work authorization in absence or delay of EAD.

DOL doesn't have authority to grant EAD to any individual. DOL job in immigration process is to verify that there is no qualified US worker for the offered position by the employer.

Without I-485 inline, it’s almost impossible to get EAD. In past, foreign students (on F1 visa) had way to apply for EAD based on economic-necessity and lately that is also getting scrutinized closely by USCIS.

joegr9 said:
Guys, I hope DOL feel pitty oon us and comeup with an alternative plan to achive work authorization in absence or delay of EAD.

Looks like you will applying in Texas Service Center.

I-140/485 Concurrent Filing Rule Clarification

A) If I-140 is already approved, people will be allowed to file with either the Service Center that has jurisdiction over I-140 or the Service Center that has jurisdiction over I-485.

B) If I-140 and I-485 are filed together concurrently, it should be filed with the Service Center that has jurisdiction over I-140 and not the Service Center that has jurisdiction over I-485.

C) If I-140 has already been filed and one files I-485 afterwards but while the I-140 is still pending, such I-485 must be filed with the Service Center where I-140 is pending.

D) I-140 jurisdiction is determined by one of the following factors: (1) Job site as shown on labor certification application, or (2) Main business office location of the employer if the labor certification was filed for undetermined location, or (3) If employer has a sole jurisdiction arrangement with any Service Center, that Service Center has jurisdiction over I-140, however, the Service Center that has jurisdiction over the job site on the labor certification may also be able to exercise jurisdiction over the I-140, or (4) If a self-petition, where the alien resides.

E) I-485 jurisdiction is determined by the alien's place of residence.

F) In any event, the best policy is to file I-485 with the Service Center which has jurisdiction over the I-140, no matter whether I-140 has already been approved or still pending.

mans22 said:
hi
can anybody tell me which USCIS Service Centers will the labour applicants of atl dol have to file their 1-485.?
the center to file is determined by what ? your resident state ,your company state etc

saurabh_tulika said:
I have updated the spreadsheet with certain statuses

You should check today the AVM, there are a lot of cases from the list updated today from 11, 15,16 november.

Maybe it's your lucky day.

Hi , What time did you check ?
Yesterday i checked around 10:00 PM eastern time and didnt see any approvals on the list. Do you know which cases have been approved ? can you update the excel sheet please.

Thanks

oanacn said:
You should check today the AVM, there are a lot of cases from the list updated today from 11, 15,16 november.

Some_GreenCard said:
Yesterday i checked around 10:00 PM eastern time and didnt see any approvals on the list. Do you know which cases have been approved ? can you update the excel sheet please.

Thanks

Today in the morning
Look at the list.

Some_GreenCard said:

Thanks

I did not check all of them. Mostly the ones from the end of the list.
It looks like almost all from november 16 received NOF.

Not yet, Still says received status. They got upto 04404228 and mine is the next one, I hope they pick it up soon. :confused: :rolleyes:
oanacn said: