Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as i know there are people who got it applied and approved in 2003
itself in Regular Labor and not even RIR.

longwayforgc said:
Jet,

Where did you get this infomration?

Is it real?

NCstate said:
Finally my employer received ....

Here I got it from employer " They have asked for
more information regarding the results of the recruitment process.
"

Reddy, Let me know if you hear anything from your employer. Also this took 10 business day to reach !

Guys, Can you help me in this query ? How long will employer take to respond ? Is it general ?

Thanks for your help

Hi NCstate, Finally I got some information from my employer regarding "Remand", According to them DOL is asking more info about the recruitment process, they want to know how many candidates were interviewed and details of them.. My employer is working on that and they are going to submit asap. Do you know whether this is NOF or RFE.

i think its NOF. Good luck for that

Reddy20 said:
Hi NCstate, Finally I got some information from my employer regarding "Remand", According to them DOL is asking more info about the recruitment process, they want to know how many candidates were interviewed and details of them.. My employer is working on that and they are going to submit asap. Do you know whether this is NOF or RFE.

Hi

After Jun 8th i haven't seen any updated status.

Did any of you guys check the AVM is there any updated status after Mar 24th ?

aksmks Mar 26 2003
scabtl Mar 26 2003
yoginm73 Mar 26 2003

Glad to know that there others also who are worried about this.

Seannc said:
This is getting too much. aj2004.....what is your state and occupation?

State = GA
Occupation = Software (Systems Analyst)
Date Moved to Atlanta = March 10th 2003

Seannc said:
This is getting too much. aj2004.....what is your state and occupation?

thanks ........i thought GA regional processing is faster than other states!

aj2004 said:
State = GA
Occupation = Software (Systems Analyst)
Date Moved to Atlanta = March 10th 2003

This irritates the hell out of me. The change is not proportional but exponential. In other words there is no way to predict when our cases will be processed.

I'm going crazy over the past couple of days. It is like someone abusing the system and there is nothing you can do about it. They have us by the throat and there is nothing we can do.

Hey me too!! But what do we do? Who do we talk to? You sure are right that they have us by the throat. This is inhumane.

jifjef said:
This irritates the hell out of me. The change is not proportional but exponential. In other words there is no way to predict when our cases will be processed.

I'm going crazy over the past couple of days. It is like someone abusing the system and there is nothing you can do about it. They have us by the throat and there is nothing we can do.

I really don't know. It is impossible to do anything when half of us consider themselves to be second class citizens.

I am almost certain that there is no urgency to process the cases. They figure PERM and backlog reduction is around the corner so why worry. They don't know what's at stake and they don't care.

I mean if they are processing things normally you would see some variation in the change to the processing times. In other words some months you would see the processing time move quickly while during other months they would slow back down again.

I think of it this way. I'm only a couple of months away from the current processing time but it will probably be 2005 before I hear back.

During that time we are all taxed in our careers, our family's, our lives, everything. I have so much on hold for this damn thing. Inhumane is the right word to use.

you're damn right. I have been planning to buy a house since past one year but with this situation I am scared to take a chance. We all have been in this situation for a long time. At this all we can do is pray. Hope God listens to us. :)

jifjef said:
I really don't know. It is impossible to do anything when half of us consider themselves to be second class citizens.

I am almost certain that there is no urgency to process the cases. They figure PERM and backlog reduction is around the corner so why worry. They don't know what's at stake and they don't care.

I mean if they are processing things normally you would see some variation in the change to the processing times. In other words some months you would see the processing time move quickly while during other months they would slow back down again.

I think of it this way. I'm only a couple of months away from the current processing time but it will probably be 2005 before I hear back.

During that time we are all taxed in our careers, our family's, our lives, everything. I have so much on hold for this damn thing. Inhumane is the right word to use.

Yeah yeah yeah..

There we go again! Remember - you guys (not naming names - just in general - "we".. infact jifjef and seannc have been supporters for the cause) bailed out.. we *could* have sent the DOL letter - just to feel a little better and to be truly able to say to ourselves .. that we DID indeed try - instead of staying negative and chanting the holy mantra - "we are second class citizens .. we have no rights.. they have us by our b@lls" before going to bed each night.

So, why complain now? Talk is cheap ...

best regards!

I don't think anyone considers him/herself as second class citizens in this forum because none of us are citizens in the first place. But most of us know that we are considered as second or third class, forget citizens, human beings by many people in this country including government officers. That's why nobody wants to push the envelope because nobody is looking out for us. I say this all the time, a right should be given humanely or not given at all, what we need to do is to take that principle and argue it in a court of law. The question is who has the time, money, resource, will and commitment to do that?

Hey.....if you think you were right all along....what were you waiting for? Why did'nt you go ahead and blast the DOL?

You cant just blame others for this. Everyone has an opinion and you must respect it. This is a delicate matter and something rash could spoil everything.

If you feel you were so right...........go ahead and do something yourself!!
And no.....I am sure many of us dont go to bed thinking they have us by out b...s, but praying to God everything goes well for everyone like us.

I think haste is cheap.

What do you think JifJef??

HotlantaGuy said:
There we go again! Remember - you guys (not naming names - just in general - "we".. infact jifjef and seannc have been supporters for the cause) bailed out.. we *could* have sent the DOL letter - just to feel a little better and to be truly able to say to ourselves .. that we DID indeed try - instead of staying negative and chanting the holy mantra - "we are second class citizens .. we have no rights.. they have us by our b@lls" before going to bed each night.

So, why complain now? Talk is cheap ...

best regards!

Finally I Got My Case Number

My Dear Friends,
I was waiting for a long time, every day i used to check AVM for my case number, My papers went to Federal in AUG 03, the AVM shows JULY 03 and SEP 03 Case numbers but not AUG.
I got fed up and today i called Federal number and mentioned like iam employer. They told me they are going to call back with details.
They called me this afternoon and I was little bit tensed and confused what might happen, they mentioned my manager name also i told he is admin person.Then they gave me the case number.

Friends tell me,I gave my cell number will this make any problem in future or will they enquire and check about my number, I am little bit confused, I should have not done this but what to do i am worried about my case number, so finally i got this idea.

because my lawyer is not ready to find out the case number and they always tell me it will take some time to come.

give me some suggestions folks,

Thank you,
k

Well, I have much better things to think about (and do) before I go to bed. Thinking about my federal labor would be the last on the priority list. Everyone is in a different boat but for me green card doesn't get that much respect from me. If it gets to a stage where I would be thinking about it every night, that will be just the right time to look for other options. On a seperate note, Guys, let's avoid trashing each other.

Although, I do have some inside scoop. I ran across someone who used to work for immigration and actually knows your Goodman guy very well and is still in touch with him. I asked him about Goodman and he said that currently Mr. Goodman is travelling so much back and forth to DC that he doesn't have time to look at any "anonymous letter". It will be handled by his assistant and won't probably reach him and if it reached him, it might be too late. He thinks that DC might be assigning him some new role.

Inside scoop from GA labor dept: As someone mentioned on this forum that new applications are getting approved quicker than the applications in the backlog because they were being processed at GA labor rather than getting transferred to regional dept. He's right to a certain extent. Atlanta regional dept sent couple of its guys to GA labor and told them to start processing new application there. The motive was to not receive applications to regional labor so that regional can work on the back log. These guys took the applications from Jan 04 onwards and started processing the applications and that's why we saw some 04 applications getting approved. These guys worked for couple of months or so but were removed due to lack of funding and every approved application from GA labor started going back to regional dept.

From this it seems that regional was trying to accelerate the process; although their approach was flawed and gave the impression of favouritism and even that got sacked because of lack of funds. These shortages in funds in various govt. offices are a direct ramification of bush's tax cut policies and we are the ones suffering..

Adios for now....

Status
Not open for further replies.