Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody willing to help?

For such a simple question...

Is experience letter needed in the LC application?

Would there be REF for such a letter in the LC application? I mean expereince was put on ETA form but no evidence was submitted...

please share your comments... thank you so much!

I think even though the experience letter is required at 140 stage some attorneys like to collect and keep at the Labor stage as you fill up the employment details at that stage. So that when you file 140 there is no mismatch i.e. you dont come up and say that I cannot produce this letter etc. For me the company's lawyer experience letter for each and every employer in the past though a few friends of mine who filed through different companies were asked to produce only 2 of the past exp letter. Hope this helps..

allaboutgc said:
For such a simple question...

Is experience letter needed in the LC application?

Would there be REF for such a letter in the LC application? I mean expereince was put on ETA form but no evidence was submitted...

please share your comments... thank you so much!

Any update for the RFE cases from the list?

Hi Z2 / sthirumal / amoogye / singh244 / vemi007 / Reddy20 / NC state,

What is the status of your respective RFE. I had an RFE, for job postings. My attorney had initially sent only the ad that ran in magazine. So, once she received an RFE for that she provided all the other ads (internet, company board). This was in the mid of may. Its been over a month and I haven't heard anything from ATL DOL.

I am now getting sick and tired of this wait for LCA approval which has been going on for last 2 Years and 7 Months. My friend who applied for GC around the same time when I did (from other state, that is not in TX jurisdiction), has already renewed his EAD once and is planning to do it for the second time.

mhsoor
:mad:

mhsoor,
only thing you can do is be patient. it took almost 3 months to get it certified after replying to the remand in my case

Congrats at0324

What's your Regional DOL recvd Dt?

at0324 said:
Thanks you to all.

I got status form AVM. I called attorney today and he told me that it may take one more week to get a approval letter.

My friend’s case which is approved on June 25th also got status form AVM. This indicates AVM is updated last Friday.

aj2004

aj2004,

So you men even if the lawyer asks for expereince letters during LC stage, they will not submit such letters to DOL but to keep them in the lawyer's hand for future use... Is my understanding correct?

Thank you very much.

>
I think even though the experience letter is required at 140 stage some attorneys like to collect and keep at the Labor stage as you fill up the employment details at that stage. So that when you file 140 there is no mismatch i.e. you dont come up and say that I cannot produce this letter etc. For me the company's lawyer experience letter for each and every employer in the past though a few friends of mine who filed through different companies were asked to produce only 2 of the past exp letter. Hope this helps..

Looks like it hasn't moved a day since Mar 24th 2003 atleast on the status list.

at0324 All the best for your I140/485 Stages.

at0324 said:
Dol recvd dt is 03/24/2003 and got Certified on June 8th 2004

Hi All,

I am a new member. I went through the previous postings. I think this group is doing very good job in co-op each other.

I was waiting to get my atl dol case number for the past one year. I used all options to get the case number during this time. Finally I got the case number last week. My case was received on June 24th to ATL dol.

Hi TamilGC: Did you get your case number?

atl0624 said:
Hi All,

I am a new member. I went through the previous postings. I think this group is doing very good job in co-op each other.

I was waiting to get my atl dol case number for the past one year. I used all options to get the case number during this time. Finally I got the case number last week. My case was received on June 24th to ATL dol.

Hi TamilGC: Did you get your case number?

Welcome atl0624!

Yes I got my case number just few weeks back, through AVM.

That's my understanding, I could be wrong.

We had our company lawyer come in and speak to us one time and I remember asking this question and that's how he replied, but almost everyone asks for it at the labor stage I think. A friend of mine who works for a local company (non-indian) was also asked for exp letter at Labor stage but the difference was he was asked for only 2 and not all of them like me.

And again one other thing I had asked was - one of the company's that I worked for had closed shop and one of them had changed names, I had asked if that would cause any issues, and the reply I got was normally any checks are not done.

longwayforgc said:
aj2004,

So you men even if the lawyer asks for expereince letters during LC stage, they ill not submit such leters to DOL ut to keep them in the lawyer's hand for future use... Is my understanding correct?

Thank you very much.

>

Mine is March 10th 2003 and still waiting...

jet_2004 said:
Looks like it hasn't moved a day since Mar 24th 2003 atleast on the status list.

at0324 All the best for your I140/485 Stages.

I guess I should let it bake for a few days and not watch it :). They say if you constantly keep looking for something it will never happen.

aj2004 said:
Mine is March 10th 2003 and still waiting...

Hi guys,

Something to add to the status list.
My LC was applied in RIR on April 16, 04 and my friend's on Apr 13, 04. His case was forwarded to Regional DOL on June 15, 04.

That's true AJ,

eversince I learned one of the case from my company (ATL DOL RD 03/10/03) got certified on june 1st week, I started checking AVM for my case. And it's not happning to me (ATL DOL RD 03/10/03).

Alright then let it bake. :cool:

aj2004 said:
I guess I should let it bake for a few days and not watch it :). They say if you constantly keep looking for something it will never happen.

Ga Sesa

Chimi.. Did you say your friend's case was filed to GA SESA on April 13, 04 and was forwarded to ATL DOL on June 15? Mine is filed to GA SESA on April 14 and no news as of yet. What happened to your case that was filed on April 16?

Thanks
Rajeev

Status
Not open for further replies.