Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasid,

My personal opinion is - don't worry about it at all, they might have just taken down your number on a piece of paper and called you back, they aren't so organised as to record each and every conversation. I had to call them up a few months back to get my case no as well as the lawyer is very curt and not helpful and the lawyer doesn't have the case number yet. Don't loose your sleep over it, it's good you have the case number now.

kasid said:
My Dear Friends,
I was waiting for a long time, every day i used to check AVM for my case number, My papers went to Federal in AUG 03, the AVM shows JULY 03 and SEP 03 Case numbers but not AUG.
I got fed up and today i called Federal number and mentioned like iam employer. They told me they are going to call back with details.
They called me this afternoon and I was little bit tensed and confused what might happen, they mentioned my manager name also i told he is admin person.Then they gave me the case number.

Friends tell me,I gave my cell number will this make any problem in future or will they enquire and check about my number, I am little bit confused, I should have not done this but what to do i am worried about my case number, so finally i got this idea.

because my lawyer is not ready to find out the case number and they always tell me it will take some time to come.

give me some suggestions folks,

Thank you,
k

FYI : 1.5 Years for Labour

My State labour was filed in Jan 03 and got my fed on June 04.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats girlcomputer !!

Thanks for your time to update the forum about your status, After such a long time we are seeing some approval..

Are you sure your Atlanta DOL Date is Jun'2003.. ?

Because Atlanta DOL is processing Mar-April cases..

we will really appreciate if you please again check the Atlanta DOL date and
if possible can you post some initial digits of your case number..

Thanks

Dont know

Don't know what happened to your previous post..As I'm not able the see that..

And also now it's very difficult to predict what Atlanta DOL is doing out there as we have March-April 2003 candidates waiting and they are approving Jun'03 candidates....

I need one more favour, Can you please let us know, How did u come to know about your status, I mean through AVM or Lawyer/Employer ?

Thanks

We're stuck between a rock and a hardplace. Both alternatives are not acceptable. There is no widespread support to write a letter so you can't write a letter that does not echo the sentiments of the majority. On the other hand DAMN!! I don't know about the guy that does not worry about this but I do and like I said EVERYTHING is on hold for this.

I'm not sure I have the answer. And it does not help to know about applications that are filed a couple of months back that get processed. And this is not in GA state only but in every state just check the FLC data center. And I have 2 case numbers filed and approved in 2004.

thank you so much

AJ2004,
Thank you once again, yes that is 100% true, we should also play some games when we are stuck like this, no one will help even lawyer is not bothered, finally i got this idea and implemented, but now iam happy that i got my case number.
My case moved to fed in Aug7, just waiting.........................................

aj2004 said:
Kasid,

My personal opinion is - don't worry about it at all, they might have just taken down your number on a piece of paper and called you back, they aren't so organised as to record each and every conversation. I had to call them up a few months back to get my case no as well as the lawyer is very curt and not helpful and the lawyer doesn't have the case number yet. Don't loose your sleep over it, it's good you have the case number now.

To people who got certified recently

I know that the world doesn't owe you a favor. But when we join in discussion forums like these, it is usually for support. From now on, If we can mention the DOT code/First 5 or 6 digits of case # it would be more helpful ?

-- Lights at the end of the tunnel have been turned off due to budget constraints

Bronco

--------------------------------
"My State labour was filed in Jan 03 and got my fed on June 04."
--------------------------------
Girlcomputers comment confused me, am i correct in understanding that she filed for her State Labor in Jan 03 and received her Federal approval in June 04 OR was it that her case was sent to Federal ATL in June 04. If it was approved in June 04, could you let us know when ur case was transferred from State to Federal.

jifjef

In my previous post, I mentioned what was going on in GA DOL. Now, Florida DOL may had the same situation and who knows they might still be processing federal applications in Florida DOL. I think that's the reason so many Florida applicants are getting their applications processed. Let me know if it makes sense.

Anyone got approval from GA SESA recently?

please share your receipt day and the day it was transferred to Atlanta DOL.
Yes, I mean approval from GA SESA. Thanks.

Regional Processing - Qn

Hi,

My Labor cert. was forwarded to Atlanta regional office on feb 18' 2004. My SESA processing was done from Tallahassee( FL).

I have filed my application as a Business Analyst, it says the same when i check my status on the website listed below
www.floridajobs.org/alc/index.htm.

But strangely the DOT code assigned to my case has the software engineer code: 030.062-010, i spoke to an agent at the department of labor in ATL and she also confirmed that this was the code assigned to my case

Is this going to be a problem? Has anyone been through the same situation?

GC admirer I'm in the same boat. My DOT code is not consistent with my actual job. I'm a chemical engineer whereas the DOT is for a civil engineer. I don't think we ought to worry about it much. Worst case scenario when they get to it they'll realize that the wrong DOT code has been assigned. Unless they are segregating via DOT codes.

But this does not look like the case since there are several chemical engineers that got approved quickly.

hyaqoob,

this does not make too much sense because the 2 applications that I referred to were filed from Kentucky and Alabama (so it has nothing to do with FL and GA).

They are picking and choosing. Based on what I have no idea.

quick note

1) Not trying to trash anyone on this board - just tryin to motivate.. but i guess i gotta be more polite. Didnt mean to disrespect anyone though. I respect everyones opinion.. but i am just outspoken and love to give my opinion as well. No offense meant. Apologise if any was taken.

2) Praying to God - well.. that is great - though i am not sure if thats the FIRST step to take .. else i would have topped IIT-JEE ;) ! Probably is the LAST resort - and i am not convinced that we have already exhausted all the other alternatives.

3) We are getting some inside scoops and justifications or whatever regarding the '04 case approvals. That doesnt help. I am sure the INTENT of DOL was good - to reduce backlog. But, this whole idea of starting with 04 cases - was plain STUPID - am sorry! What were they thinking? They are ASKING for a lawsuit! At the bare minimum, it should receive some PRESS coverage .. and a coupla THREATS - to let them know that we are no dumb fools sitting here who cant figure out whats RIGHT and WRONG! They SHOULD NOT get away with such random stunts they pull on us. It DOES matter to us.. directly affects our peace of mind. And you cant have this attitude of .. "lets not call the cops.. the boogey man is gonna come after us!". They ARE answerable for their actions - especially when the press comes after them! You just gotta have some power and muscle behind you - you gotta show them that they are dealing with a strong, knowledgable community of folks who ARE gonna come after them if they try to do smthg TOO RIDICULOUS.. and these 04 certifications, my friends, does classify as smthg COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS - they OWE US a formal explanation for it .. at the bare minimum! I would really like to hear some intelligent, constructive criticism or disapproval against these opinions of mine! Does any of you NOT believe that they owe us a formal explanation? If so, WHY !

thank you.

HotlantaGuy said:
1) Not trying to trash anyone on this board - just tryin to motivate.. but i guess i gotta be more polite. Didnt mean to disrespect anyone though. I respect everyones opinion.. but i am just outspoken and love to give my opinion as well. No offense meant. Apologise if any was taken.

2) Praying to God - well.. that is great - though i am not sure if thats the FIRST step to take .. else i would have topped IIT-JEE ;) ! Probably is the LAST resort - and i am not convinced that we have already exhausted all the other alternatives.

3) We are getting some inside scoops and justifications or whatever regarding the '04 case approvals. That doesnt help. I am sure the INTENT of DOL was good - to reduce backlog. But, this whole idea of starting with 04 cases - was plain STUPID - am sorry! What were they thinking? They are ASKING for a lawsuit! At the bare minimum, it should receive some PRESS coverage .. and a coupla THREATS - to let them know that we are no dumb fools sitting here who cant figure out whats RIGHT and WRONG! They SHOULD NOT get away with such random stunts they pull on us. It DOES matter to us.. directly affects our peace of mind. And you cant have this attitude of .. "lets not call the cops.. the boogey man is gonna come after us!". They ARE answerable for their actions - especially when the press comes after them! You just gotta have some power and muscle behind you - you gotta show them that they are dealing with a strong, knowledgable community of folks who ARE gonna come after them if they try to do smthg TOO RIDICULOUS.. and these 04 certifications, my friends, does classify as smthg COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS - they OWE US a formal explanation for it .. at the bare minimum! I would really like to hear some intelligent, constructive criticism or disapproval against these opinions of mine! Does any of you NOT believe that they owe us a formal explanation? If so, WHY !

thank you.
Hotlantaguy,

I feel your pain.. I am in the same boat.. See if you can contribute at the following site. It is aimed at taking these kind of situations to court:

www.immigrtionportal.org

(same url but with .org). I hope you will contribute. Thanks.

NOF (Due to wages), Resubmitted, How long it will take

Hi Guys

My application recvd at Federal on Feb 24th, 2003. In April 2004, got the NOF due to wages issues. Finally resubmitted on Jul 1st. AVM also updated with the status "Recvd NOF response"

How long it will take to clear the Labor?

Thanks
Sunny

jifjef:
The GA situation could very well be in all state dept's. I only know about GA. I hope you understand what I trying to say here.

Hotlanta:
I have mentioned before that we are the BENEFICIARIES in this ordeal, therefore can't do a whole lot. Our employers are the real clients to the DOL. Unless and until they file a complaint, all in vain. I am not saying these things by just sitting here. This is the 3rd time my labor has been applied. My current employer filed my labor initially as regular and told me that they applied in RIR. After wasting year and a half, I found out that it was in rugular processing. I cried to everyone and his brother in the company and got them to reapply for everyone under RIR. I consulted with couple of law firms to see if I can do anything against my company or the law firm that applied in regular and lied to me. They all said that since I am the beneficiary, nothing much I can do to the company since they can fire me the next day (and I really didn't want that). As far as the law firm is concerned, their client was my employer and not me. Now, after I get my GC, I might be able to go back and do something against them since they both lied and I have the record in writing.

You do the math...I will be waiting for what you have to say. I am open to suggestions. If there is anything we can do which we know will work, you can rely on me. I would be the first one to join you.

Chillout @ DesiChai.com

Visit DesiChai.com.Everyday I check Immigration form and the next site I Visit is DesiChai.com....

Good entertainment site....

sanjana_7788 said:
Visit DesiChai.com.Everyday I check Immigration form and the next site I Visit is DesiChai.com....

Good entertainment site....

I think this site is for immigration purposes and not for advertising the other sites, I am so frustated with the waiting and wasting time with DOL and you are wasting my time in posting other sites which are not related to Immigration in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.