Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. didnt really HOW insecure we really are!

What are you guys talking about? Writing a letter to an italian mafia don .. Al Capone or smthg ? Or writing a letter to Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray? You think they will - "take revenge" .. if u try to protest? Comeon guys. Yeah - i agree that the folks who have a filing date of Apr-04 or later might be pissed off coz they might be hoping to benefit from these random certifications - and thats OK! We need some order in things .. and the more we sit on our bottoms and keep saying - "we are at their mercy .. let them do whatever they want .. atleast we will get it certified before we die.." .. the more they are gonna slack and rule u. And whats this whole nonsense of - "we do not have any rights?" . A LEGAL, tax-paying H1B worker - does not have legal rights in US - would love to hear what Mr.Khanna has to say to that! Wow.. u guys amaze me.

Ok .. sorry for the wrath yet again - lets not get personal about all this.. no offense meant. I love u all ("brotherly" love for fellow-desis man!) and know exactly where you are coming from - yet i beg to differ a little on this issue.

Hey jifjef - what do u say - u in or out ?

Hi hotlantaguy
Can you let us know ur receive date for the ATL DOL, I could not find it in the status list and was wondering if it got left out in the porcess of updating the list.
Thanks

Letter Issue

I think who supports letter they can open a new thread and send the letter.

But please don't discuss these things in this thread; This thread should be only for the pending/Approval cases.

As someone said, Legal TaxPayer, Does anyone tried a similar letter to President, why they are deducting so much tax from a Temporary Labor.
Why they are not changing rule for Temporary Labor ?

If from last decades they have not changed even Indian government tried it a lot then How come you guys think that this letter will make a change.

What if they say we are stopping this whole green card process ?
Be on temporary visa and renew it every year..? Then what you will do..?

See if you are living in one's country you have to follow their rules..?

You can't just formulate your own rules.? Regarding taxes..It's like rent..
By paying rent the whole house is not yours..

This is just my two cents..Still I'm not opposing your letter thing..
And in the same time I'm not in that favour..

You guys can go ahead; But suggest and request that please open a separate thread and discuess..

Thanks

Let me start this by saying that let's all stay in the same thread even though I am opposed to the letter. Unity is the only thing that we have and please let's not get split or they will succeed. Together we learn a lot, help others and might achieve something.

But I do want to say my 2 cents to whoever mentioned about being insecure.

It's not about insecurity but reality. The sooner you hit reality, the better is the suffering. If we had rights, we wouldn't be sitting here in these forums for over 2 years just to get a nod from people who have barely passed high school (maybe not even that much). I would love to hear what Mr. Khanna has to say about this. Plus, if he is that resourceful and influential, why don't we all pool in money and have him fight our case and get us the ***k out of here. I am sure no one here would object to that. I would be flabbergasted if you believe in this free speech and freedom shit that they chant here.

I don’t think that they are smart enough to take revenge but they can very well make things difficult by putting lame RFE and further delays in the process.

New To the List

Hi Guys,

Add my name to the list as well. Its been 2 years & 2 months since i applied
for Labour Certification on Apr 2002. My Regional DOL went on Apt 14th 2003.

My wife cleared her Labour by delivering our first baby this month i pray DOL does the same soon.

At this rate i guess i hope i will get my green card after the birth of my grand children :)

Can someone help me adding my info to the status list - Received in atlanta regional office in March 2003.

jet_2004, your message made me smile, I came in today morning in a blue mood and your message added a humour to the whole thing. One of the things I do in the morning when I come to work is check the latest messages posted in this thread and it makes me feel better that there are others like me.

Hi LaborUnknown,

Can you pls add your name to the status list?

LaborUnknown said:
I think who supports letter they can open a new thread and send the letter.

But please don't discuss these things in this thread; This thread should be only for the pending/Approval cases.

As someone said, Legal TaxPayer, Does anyone tried a similar letter to President, why they are deducting so much tax from a Temporary Labor.
Why they are not changing rule for Temporary Labor ?

If from last decades they have not changed even Indian government tried it a lot then How come you guys think that this letter will make a change.

What if they say we are stopping this whole green card process ?
Be on temporary visa and renew it every year..? Then what you will do..?

See if you are living in one's country you have to follow their rules..?

You can't just formulate your own rules.? Regarding taxes..It's like rent..
By paying rent the whole house is not yours..

This is just my two cents..Still I'm not opposing your letter thing..
And in the same time I'm not in that favour..

You guys can go ahead; But suggest and request that please open a separate thread and discuess..

Thanks

HotlantaGuy,

I understand what you are going through as there are many of us who are going through the same phase - let me ask you this - would you have the courage to write something as You - I mean reveal your identity to the Labor Department - if yes then I would agree that it is a genuine effort on your part to correct something wrong - if not then I would say - it is double standards.

Please add me to list

Hi Guys,
A long time ago I was added to the then in-thread list of people, but noticed that I'm not in the status.txt, please can you re-add me, received in atlanta regional office in July 2003.
Thanks
- Dru

dru said:
Hi Guys,
A long time ago I was added to the then in-thread list of people, but noticed that I'm not in the status.txt, please can you re-add me, received in atlanta regional office in July 2003.
Thanks
- Dru
dru-

Added your name to the list.

I believe that there is ombudsman (Prakash Khatri reports to Tom Ridge ?) for Immigration services. Perhaps we should direct this letter to his office. What say you guys ? Hotlanta ? If you think for a second, there are other advantages in taking this route.

aj2004 said:
HotlantaGuy,

I understand what you are going through as there are many of us who are going through the same phase - let me ask you this - would you have the courage to write something as You - I mean reveal your identity to the Labor Department - if yes then I would agree that it is a genuine effort on your part to correct something wrong - if not then I would say - it is double standards.

Got the approval notice

Just wanted to let you all know that the law firm finally got
the approval notice from DOL, it took just a month for DOL to
mail the letter with in atlanta.

DOL recieved date: FEB6'2003
Certified: May24'2003
Got Approval notice: Jun24'2003

Thanks to all for your support in this forum. I really helped me with some
company in the 3year waiting game. See you in I140/485 forums.

Regarding the letter y'all planning to send, if at all you decide to send it,
I would suggest that you some how lobby Rajiv to send it for you.
This would give a better impact and there will not be effects directly to you.
Just my 2cents.

GC2ME said:
Just wanted to let you all know that the law firm finally got
the approval notice from DOL, it took just a month for DOL to
mail the letter with in atlanta.

Certified: May24'2004
Got Approval notice: Jun24'2004

Thanks to all for your support in this forum. I really helped me with some
company in the 3year waiting game. See you in I140/485 forums.

Regarding the letter y'all planning to send, if at all you decide to send it,
I would suggest that you some how lobby Rajiv to send it for you.
This would give a better impact and there will not be effects directly to you.
Just my 2cents.

Sorry, here are the correct dates:
Certified: May24'2004
Got Approval notice: Jun24'2004

Congrats imlab and GC2ME, wish you good luck for your further processing.
imlab what was the NOF you received and how long it took for DOL to process your case once they received the NOF reply!!

Here is the updated status list.

Congrats imlab & GC2ME!!

Good luck to your I140& 485 processing.
imlab - can you post us your dates (SESA, ATL, Approved)?

Thanks
smbasha

Status
Not open for further replies.