Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast approval for some cases

Bronco,

I agree with you on this one. Ive read this before on one of the murthy forums. Another reason for fast approval for some cases Ive heard is - if the application is very strong and the state officer feels it should never be denied, then he marks the application so, and when the regional level receives it, it directly approves it without looking at it much.

Bronco said:
One of my friends met a paralegal guy who has connections with DOL guys. This paralegal guy tells my friend why some cases are processed out of the order and why some take too long ( like our 2002 applicants who are still waiting). See the explanation below: (I don't think it is accurate but that is my opinion anyway. I present it here only to see if there are others who have heard something similar to this)

It looks like SESA has certain things that it should do before handing it over to regional level processing. Among those steps, some of them are mandatory and some are recommended. So if the state level officer doesn't complete the recommended (optional for state) processing but only does the required, it becomes the responsiblity of regional level officer to finish the remaining part on his own or by correspondence with state level office. Inorder to complete the recommended processing, state needs input from regional level. Instead of asking the information, 80% of the time state sends it to Federal.

I would like know what those mandatory, recommended parts of the processing are. Just curious. Also it looks like applicants from certain professions are given preference ?

Atlanta office receipt

Guys,

Any idea when my lawyer should receive the Regional case number if the application has been transferred from GA state to regional?

Atlanta_Apr_04

Could you please let me know when is your STATE receiving date? When was it forwarded to the Federal? Thanks.

I dont know the state receiving date, but my application was forwarded from state to regional in Apr04. Any idea when should my lawyer should receive the regional case#??..Thank you

allaboutgc said:
Could you please let me know when is your STATE receiving date? When was it forwarded to the Federal? Thanks.

Atlanta_Apr_04

Usually within 1-2 months you should hear from the federal office.

By the way, when did you file your LC to the State office? I mean an approximate time. I am trying to figure out the processing speed of Georgia State LC Office. Thank you very much.

H1 7th year extension and Tranfer

Guys,
Please help,
Labour filed in California 2001 August, RIR denied and is now back to Regular Queue.
H1 expiring Dec'04. Employer ready to extend my h1 for 7th year.

I think my job is stable for one year so i do not want to leave my job also for now.
After one year i am not sure, so if i decide to switch employee during my 7th year
is it possible?
(If the new employer has an approved labour OR is willing to file for one in fast
moving states).?

allaboutgc

I filed in dec 2003

allaboutgc said:
Usually within 1-2 months you should hear from the federal office.

By the way, when did you file your LC to the State office? I mean an approximate time. I am trying to figure out the processing speed of Georgia State LC Office. Thank you very much.

Hi all,

I'm planning to change employers and have a question about filing labor. The new employer have many offices around US. Currently I would like the new employer to apply from a state in which I'm not residing. Normally, would the attorneys of the company apply for labor from a different state in such conditions. How do I convince them ? Or how secure is it to obtain an approval. All the offices are genuine as this is a very big company all over.

Also is it possible to file for labor from the same state from two different employers. I have a labor approval from one of the new england states. This new employer too has offices in those states. Can I ask them to file from the same state I got my labor approval from a different company.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
missfresher

jifjef said:
This what I would put in the letter. I ran out of time at the end but we can work on this some more over the weekend.

Dear Mr. Goodman:

I am writing to you on behalf of our community, ImmigrationPortal.Com. We are the largest online immigrant community in the world comprising over 80,000 registered members and over 300,000 regular readers.

Hey guys, (Hotlantaguy, jifjef, wlj_wzz, Seannc, ttoker and anyone I didn't mention)

Sending a letter to this Goodman fellow is not a very good idea since there are more chances that it can backfire since we are the beneficiaries in this whole labor ordeal, whereas the real clients for Atlanta DOL are the companies that we work for. DOL shouldn't even honour our calls, requests for information and updates but somehow repeated calls from us atleast gets us some information about what's going on. If something like this backfires then who knows they might even stop taking calls from us altogether.

I am pretty sure that we really don't have any say in anything till we get to the 485 stage since we are the beneficiaries. So lets be very careful and not screw up things since they can easily take this the wrong way by us questioning their judgements or work or system (whatever they think they do).

hyaqoob said:
jifjef said:
This what I would put in the letter. I ran out of time at the end but we can work on this some more over the weekend.

Dear Mr. Goodman:

I am writing to you on behalf of our community, ImmigrationPortal.Com. We are the largest online immigrant community in the world comprising over 80,000 registered members and over 300,000 regular readers.

Hey guys, (Hotlantaguy, jifjef, wlj_wzz, Seannc, ttoker and anyone I didn't mention)

Sending a letter to this Goodman fellow is not a very good idea since there are more chances that it can backfire since we are the beneficiaries in this whole labor ordeal, whereas the real clients for Atlanta DOL are the companies that we work for. DOL shouldn't even honour our calls, requests for information and updates but somehow repeated calls from us atleast gets us some information about what's going on. If something like this backfires then who knows they might even stop taking calls from us altogether.

I am pretty sure that we really don't have any say in anything till we get to the 485 stage since we are the beneficiaries. So lets be very careful and not screw up things since they can easily take this the wrong way by us questioning their judgements or work or system (whatever they think they do).
your are right, I agree with you, It might effect more in the negative way.

I agree too

Yes I agree with you guys.
I had mentioned earlier that we should not do anything that might backfire.

But again, we pay taxes and we have a right to know what is going on. Just that we must find a very polite way of asking without questioning their judgement or competence.

So in my opinion only one question should be asked..........why approval of 2003 cases before 2002.

Seannc said:
Yes I agree with you guys.
I had mentioned earlier that we should not do anything that might backfire.

But again, we pay taxes and we have a right to know what is going on. Just that we must find a very polite way of asking without questioning their judgement or competence.

So in my opinion only one question should be asked..........why approval of 2003 cases before 2002.

I spoke with my attorney last week about this issue with DOL. He said State SESA will mark some cases as LRP (Limited Review Process) and send it to Regional DOL where in DOL has to do little or nothing to approve immediately.

Seannc,

I saw some of the posts related to writing a letter to the folks at Atlanta Labor. I understand your frustration and feel the pain. My labor has been "processing" for 1.5 years. And I probably will have to wait atleast another 1 year, probably more. This process is disrespectful and in-humane to us.

They needed us in the 90s when the so called "internet revolution" needed engineers. Now the tables have turned, the labor market is in a slump- temporarily.

I think that the labor dept is delaying the whole thing on purpose. How long can it take to process a 4 page application? They used to process these things in 5 months, just about a year ago. Now the same process is streching to 1.5 years?!! Think about it! You cannot wake up a person that is pretending to be sleeping.

Your letter will probably not wake them up. However, you can contribute. You can try to make a change.

Go to the following web-site and make monetary contributions:
http://www.immigrationportal.org

Go over the site and look at the list of issues in the agenda. I believe long labor processing times is one of the action items. A few hundred dollars from each person is all that is needed.

Your letter is a step in the correct direction, but will not change anything. Drops of water gather to form a flood. Together we can move mountails.

Take care.

I understand your concerns about the letter. but here are a few items to note:

- They cannot trace the letter back to individual applicants.

- The frustration that we are voicing is also echoed by our employers, right? My employer is always complaining about how long this is taking; in fact he has stated that his business is hurting because he doesn't want to hire me before he gets the LC.

- We are not going to write about the long wait; we are going to write about an injustice, the preferrential treatment that allows someone from May 04 to be processed before someone from Dec 02 is even looked at. This type of preferrential treatment has no place in the US.

I think it is a good idea. The other idea that I like is if we can get our employers to all contact the regional office on the same day with the same complaint. I can get my boss to do it.

True.......we must go ahead and express our concern about this injustice. And this should be done in a most polite way and as soon as possible.
Most of us are running out of time and majority agree to writing to the dol. So then what are we waiting for?

Hotlanta guy........it was you who initiated this. So how come you're so quiet now? What is your opinion?

jifjef said:
I understand your concerns about the letter. but here are a few items to note:

- They cannot trace the letter back to individual applicants.

- The frustration that we are voicing is also echoed by our employers, right? My employer is always complaining about how long this is taking; in fact he has stated that his business is hurting because he doesn't want to hire me before he gets the LC.

- We are not going to write about the long wait; we are going to write about an injustice, the preferrential treatment that allows someone from May 04 to be processed before someone from Dec 02 is even looked at. This type of preferrential treatment has no place in the US.

I think it is a good idea. The other idea that I like is if we can get our employers to all contact the regional office on the same day with the same complaint. I can get my boss to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.