Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happend to me also. It happens everytime. That is normal :)

atlanta2432 said:
Hi,
Case number XXXXXXXX received to Regional office on June 14th, 2003. It says, case is certified on march 13, 2004.

Is there a possibility that, the AVM is incorrect?
:confused:

What do you mean by this ? Do you mean to tell us that ur case is not certified eventhough AVM says "case certified". Please clarify.

Thanks
Bronco said:
It happend to me also. It happens everytime. That is normal :)

Yes. Two months ago AVM said "this case has been certified". I wanted to hear it again the next day so I called again, then it just said "recieved". I was disappointed very much. A couple of days ago, I was checking the status of my friends case. Then it said this case has been certified, received , one , two, three, four, five, six, ... nine, A, B, C, D, E....Z press two for the next case or...

Some_GreenCard said:
What do you mean by this ? Do you mean to tell us that ur case is not certified eventhough AVM says "case certified". Please clarify.

Thanks

HotlantaGuy:

Why don't you go ahead to make some change to ttoken's version? I think that version is a good template to work on. And I agree with jifjef, that we should emphasize on the irregular process issue. So maybe we should move the second item to the top? What do you think?

HotlantaGuy said:
TToker - This latest version you posted looks MUCH better! Some quick feedback/thoughts -

1) for the delays section - should we also mention the fact that .. the ENTIRE LC process (state + regional) .. is taking 3+ yrs.. and that some guys have been waiting since 2001.. (whereas others have got their state + regional cleared in less than 4 months combined recently). I know that this Goodman fellow has got nothing to do with state delays.. but still.. will it make it sound more .. pitiful ? Maybe not ?

2) for irregular processing - i would say lets mention more specific details. Smthg like - for example, several mid-April-2004 cases were certified by early-May-2004! And also use smthg like - "and ensure that applications are processed in a rational and not random manner.. strictly on a first-come-first-serve basis as far as possible" ?

3) prevailing wages - i think there r a few grammatical errors here and i feel that the paragraph is dragging a lil longer than it should. We should rather give specific examples - with the DOT code and the extremely high salaries mentioned in the online wage library which DOL uses. And not say things like - "although the RFE can be eventually handled.. " .. just say that it causes unnecessary delays.

what do u guys think ?

It makes sense for keeping "irregular processing" as #1 issue

wlj_wzz said:
I agree with jifjef, that we should emphasize on the irregular process issue. So maybe we should move the second item to the top? What do you think?

I too hear this kind of messages sometime. Its just that the AVM could be having some indexing problem. It works the next time I call..... I am sure that you will not get that repeatedly.

Bronco said:
Yes. Two months ago AVM said "this case has been certified". I wanted to hear it again the next day so I called again, then it just said "recieved". I was disappointed very much. A couple of days ago, I was checking the status of my friends case. Then it said this case has been certified, received , one , two, three, four, five, six, ... nine, A, B, C, D, E....Z press two for the next case or...

Remanded to employer

The worst thing that can happen is when an Analyst asks trivial questions through "Remanded to employer" routinely and then sits on the replies for the following 3 months. We know this is what happened with another participant's case and now some of the applicants from my spouse's Co. are in the same boat. No wonder all these cases "ANAL YZED" by "CEM"! We are next in line and praying that our cases are not handled by this Analyst! Makes me wonder whether people like this are just inefficient or worst have their own agenda!!!

Sorry, if other members are offended with my way of expressing.... but we are very frustrated here!!!

Bronco said:
It makes sense for keeping "irregular processing" as #1 issue

Sorry to hear about your case. What is your PD.

GC0703 said:
The worst thing that can happen is when an Analyst asks trivial questions through "Remanded to employer" routinely and then sits on the replies for the following 3 months. We know this is what happened with another participant's case and now some of the applicants from my spouse's Co. are in the same boat. No wonder all these cases "ANAL YZED" by "CEM"! We are next in line and praying that our cases are not handled by this Analyst! Makes me wonder whether people like this are just inefficient or worst have their own agenda!!!

Sorry, if other members are offended with my way of expressing.... but we are very frustrated here!!!

Keep the feedback coming in

Guys - thanks a lot for all the feedback regarding the letter. I am really busy at work right now - gotta meet some deadlines. I guess i will update the doc sometime over the weekend. But in the meanwhile, if anyone else has a few mins to spare.. please go ahead and re-arrange the doc with the most imp things on top etc.. i thought all philly references were already updated with Atl ? Anyways.. will follow-up later.

GC0703 said:

GC0703, what is your Atlanta received date and when did you hear about Remand, My case is also remanded, do you have any other details regarding what they are asking about your case.

This what I would put in the letter. I ran out of time at the end but we can work on this some more over the weekend.

Dear Mr. Goodman:

I am writing to you on behalf of our community, ImmigrationPortal.Com. We are the largest online immigrant community in the world comprising over 80,000 registered members and over 300,000 regular readers.

Please allow me to preface our concerns by sincerely thanking you for your continued efforts to streamline the Permanent Labor certification process and all the measures you are currently initiating to meet that end.

As you are aware the Atalnta Regional Office is currently processing Labor Certification cases filed in February and March of 2003. We were therefore surprised and very concerned to find out that a large number cases filed after the before mentioned dates were being processed. Upon further discussion with immigration attorneys, colleagues and representatives of the Atlanta regional center it became apparent that this was common practice. It appears that some applicants are receiving preferential treatment.

We respectfully request that you address this issue immediately by either halting expeditated processing or by considering every applicantion for expeditated processing. We do understand that different circumstances dictate unorthodox processing procedures. However members of our online community are dealing with very adverse circumstances that warrant such processing. I am aware that very little consideration is given to the applicant's wants and needs however most of the time companies are affected negatively. A lot of employers are apprehensive about hiring an employee before getting an approved labor certification

We also need to mention that we can supply case numbers if requested (talking about the case numbers that were promptly processed).

Sincerely,

Members of ImmigrationPortal.Com

Hi, My application has been filed at Florida office in January '04. Currently, Florida is processing March '04 cases. I want to find out whether my application has been forwarded to GA or not. When I tried to call that automated number with my employer's phone number or tax Id, it doesn't have that in the system yet. I called with my attorney, and they said they haven't received any correspondance on transfer.

Any idea, when I should expect GA automated system to be updated with my case?

Thanks.

Florida allows you to check your labor application status online.
Ask your attorney to provide your SESA case # and also agent ID (this ID is given for attorney office). On this system you can also if your case was fwd to Atlanta & when it was fwded.
http://www.floridajobs.org/wps_alc/case_status.html

Hope this helps

ravipadaki said:
Hi, My application has been filed at Florida office in January '04. Currently, Florida is processing March '04 cases. I want to find out whether my application has been forwarded to GA or not. When I tried to call that automated number with my employer's phone number or tax Id, it doesn't have that in the system yet. I called with my attorney, and they said they haven't received any correspondance on transfer.

Any idea, when I should expect GA automated system to be updated with my case?

Thanks.

Did you check with your employer regarding the Remand ? My employer didnot receive.

Reddy20 said:
GC0703, what is your Atlanta received date and when did you hear about Remand, My case is also remanded, do you have any other details regarding what they are asking about your case.

NCstate said:
Did you check with your employer regarding the Remand ? My employer didnot receive.

My Attorney asked me to check during the end of June, so I am waiting and I will email them next week.

After a long wait, labor is approved

Mine went to federal labor in Dec,2002.
Finally approved lastweek. My employer hasn't received any papers.
Iwill post the details when I get it.
Thank you for all the support.

Hey veeranji,

Congrats!
Great news man! After a long time we heard one good news.
Good luck to your I-140 & 485.

-smbasha

veeranji,

I didn't find your name in our status list.

Can post us your Federal dates and approval dates ? We will update our status list.

Thanks
-smbasha

What SESA can do to expedite regional level processing

One of my friends met a paralegal guy who has connections with DOL guys. This paralegal guy tells my friend why some cases are processed out of the order and why some take too long ( like our 2002 applicants who are still waiting). See the explanation below: (I don't think it is accurate but that is my opinion anyway. I present it here only to see if there are others who have heard something similar to this)

It looks like SESA has certain things that it should do before handing it over to regional level processing. Among those steps, some of them are mandatory and some are recommended. So if the state level officer doesn't complete the recommended (optional for state) processing but only does the required, it becomes the responsiblity of regional level officer to finish the remaining part on his own or by correspondence with state level office. Inorder to complete the recommended processing, state needs input from regional level. Instead of asking the information, 80% of the time state sends it to Federal.

I would like know what those mandatory, recommended parts of the processing are. Just curious. Also it looks like applicants from certain professions are given preference ?

Congrats veeranji !!

Congrats veeranji,

At last after a long wait you made it.

Wish you good luck for further processing with USCIS.

Can you please post your details so that we can update our Status list.

Thanks again for taking time to update the forum with your status.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.