Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAMIL_GC said:
Reddy20-

RFE/NOF/Remand become common practice for ATL DOL now. We never get a chance to see where the case is gets rejected, as I am following this thread more than a year. Don't worry and you will be fine. Also you forgot take your case from pending in status list. Here is the updated list.

What are the things they usually ask when they send for Remand and how bad is this. Can any one of guys please let me know about this.

Just checked back and mine also remanded to employer. It was posted on June 14th. I think our case was handled by the same officer. Because ATL DOT received on 4th March 2003.

I'm trying to call my employer and find out more !

Reddy20 said:
Remanded to employer!!

After a long wait of 3 yeard I heard that my case is remanded to employer.

I just checked AVM couple of minutes back and I found that all the cases received from my company on Mar 04, 2003 have remanded and the status is posted on Jun 14, 2004.

Can you guys please help me what are the results of Remand..

hi all

i know this is very bad question, what is the avm website address?
How to check my employeer's phone number.

Thanks a lot

Does ATL DOL have any premium processing for labor

Basically a friend of mine applied labor from TN (receipt date FEB04)and his state cleared in a month and fedral in the next two months or so. He started this year to begin with. He has IT dot code. I was wondering if there is any special procedure for this DOL to clear of the case so soon?

Please let me know.
Thanks!

Updated List

Here is the updated list with NCSTATE information.

Don't worry guys you would be fine.

Thanks for updating the forum.

NCState and Reddy20
Let us know what the reason for ur remand was when you get to know about it.
Also do any of you know how many ads were placed for your position and how many resumes were received ?

Also, let us know who was your certifying officer issued you Remad. That way, when our case get assigned to him/her, we can be sure to get Remand :rolleyes:
gc_sc said:
NCState and Reddy20
Let us know what the reason for ur remand was when you get to know about it.
Also do any of you know how many ads were placed for your position and how many resumes were received ?

Do you know who is your certifying office and what was the reason for remand. Thanks for upadate.

InLabor4TooLong said:
Similar situation for all cases from my company too...remanded to employer. Receipt date: 03/04/2003

Legal Action Against DOL?

I know this is a.. kinda bold question.. but i will ask anyways:

Do you guys think we can try to file a lawsuit against DOL for irregularities in LC processing times? We have enough documented proof about these random certifications which took less than a month to clear from the regional office. Specially those 100-odd cases which reached the ATL regional office in Apr-2004 and were all certified in May-2004 .. mostly with a 100% clean record.. that is.. no RFEs/NOFs/Remand BS! I mean, there are guys who have filed in 2001 & suffered so much mental aggravation etc.. just to receive a Remand after 3 years. There has to be SOME law to protect us against such insanity! Mr Rajiv Khanna .. can you kindly shed some light? I know i am willing to contribute generously towards your fees if you agreed to follow this up for us :) Any other takers ??

NCstate said:
Just checked back and mine also remanded to employer. It was posted on June 14th. I think our case was handled by the same officer. Because ATL DOT received on 4th March 2003.

I'm trying to call my employer and find out more !

NCstate do you have info about your remand. NOF/RFE

I totally agree with you. I think we should do something. I had suggested that we must write or fax to certifying officer Mr Goodman demanding an explaination.
So before we do anything drastic we should give him a chance to explain. Who knows what the reasons are?

HotlantaGuy said:
I know this is a.. kinda bold question.. but i will ask anyways:

Do you guys think we can try to file a lawsuit against DOL for irregularities in LC processing times? We have enough documented proof about these random certifications which took less than a month to clear from the regional office. Specially those 100-odd cases which reached the ATL regional office in Apr-2004 and were all certified in May-2004 .. mostly with a 100% clean record.. that is.. no RFEs/NOFs/Remand BS! I mean, there are guys who have filed in 2001 & suffered so much mental aggravation etc.. just to receive a Remand after 3 years. There has to be SOME law to protect us against such insanity! Mr Rajiv Khanna .. can you kindly shed some light? I know i am willing to contribute generously towards your fees if you agreed to follow this up for us :) Any other takers ??

I don't have any information. Not much other than AVM. My employer is waiting for their feed back. But I don't know how long will mail take to reach ?

Reddy20 said:
NCstate do you have info about your remand. NOF/RFE

I found this from previous postings from our gurus.

I guess this link will shed some light on why more of us are getting RFE.

http://www.visanow.com/immigration_...ault12_2003.asp

Following are some labor query explaination:

1. RFE-> Request for evidence...

In most cases..If something is shown in papers and DOL/INS is not satisfied then they can send the RFE ..

2. NOF-> Notiice of Finding..

In most cases..some document is missing..

3. Remand to Emploer->
In most cases..Advertisement problem, Singnature problem..etc..etc...

4-> Remand to State...
DOL sends the application to STATE department for review or say
start the process all over again...

5. case denied

6. case rejected

I have read some postings on other threads and RFE is not a serious issue. I wonder if some one knows if anyone's application got denied on RFE.

Approval

Dear friends,

My wife's labor was approved on June 10th after remand.

Regional date March 4th 2003
Remand on may first week
Replied back and received on MAy 28th(As per AVM)
Certified on June 10th.
Remand for Ads.

Wish you all the best for your approvals.

I have question regarding applying I 140 and I -485.

My wife's company located in NJ and florida.But she is working in CA (Paying CA state taxes.Does she can apply any service center or only Texas center.Appreciate for any information.

Regards
Karurama

karurama said:
Dear friends,

Remand on may first week
Certified on June 10th.
Remand for Ads.

My wife's company located in NJ and florida.But she is working in CA (Paying CA state taxes.Does she can apply any service center or only Texas center.Appreciate for any information.

Regards
Karurama

As I read in previous postings it is better to apply from Texas if she gets the labor cleared in ATL DOL.
Do you know when did she receive "Remanded to employer" and what they asked.

Why Mr Goodman?!

Why pick Mr Goodman? What has "A" certifying officer got to do with this condition. "Give him a chance to explain" ? We dont need explanations! Ofcourse there is a reason for everything.. and there might be a reason for this scrw-up too! But .. bottomline is .. it IS a scrw-up! and DOL scrwed up and can be held liable. Someone is suffering coz of it and they deserve to be probed.. legally ! Isnt it ?!

Seannc said:
I totally agree with you. I think we should do something. I had suggested that we must write or fax to certifying officer Mr Goodman demanding an explaination.
So before we do anything drastic we should give him a chance to explain. Who knows what the reasons are?

Hey i think you are very angry. So am I. But that does'nt get us anywhere.Cool it!!

Mr Goodman is the cheif certifying officer, so must know evrything going on. Afterall he is the cheif decesion maker.

As for suffering......i am in the same boat. But we dont want anything to backfire....right?

HotlantaGuy said:
Why pick Mr Goodman? What has "A" certifying officer got to do with this condition. "Give him a chance to explain" ? We dont need explanations! Ofcourse there is a reason for everything.. and there might be a reason for this scrw-up too! But .. bottomline is .. it IS a scrw-up! and DOL scrwed up and can be held liable. Someone is suffering coz of it and they deserve to be probed.. legally ! Isnt it ?!

Could you tell us What was related to ? I mean any specific query ?

Did your employer receive the mail immeidately ?

Thanks for your help !

karurama said:
Dear friends,

Remand on may first week
Certified on June 10th.
Remand for Ads.

Regards
Karurama

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.