Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with kobra33611 that the DOL is delaying the labor process on purpose and they are delaying it for applications that they can delay the longest. As someone stated on this forum that some applications are tagged with LRP (limited review process) from SESA and those applications get processed faster and that's probably one of the reasons behind faster processing of applications. Besides, if they have remanded an application from Dec 02 and waiting for a response, I expect them to pick the next application (Jan 03) and start working on that till they get a response from Dec 02 application and that's what it seems like they are doing. The delay is due to their laziness, being short staffed, guidelines to delay processing as kobra33611 mentioned (very likely), almost no hiring (since there is a 200 day wait due to security/background checks) in working through these applications.

Someone mentioned that we pay taxes and have a right to question (wishful thinking)... dude, we don't have any rights till we become second grade citizens (pun intended)

Hello,
It is possible to extened 7th year with other employer as long as if you have the DOL and Regional letters( state dept. will issuse a letter that forwarding to US dept. of labor called "Transmittal notice") and Acknowledgement letter.

In one of NEw Jersey based company processed and got approved for four people.

But before filing your 7th year you have to apply Labor with new company, So that you can extened one more year.Otherwise it will be a big problem

Thanks

bayareagc said:
Guys,
Please help,
Labour filed in California 2001 August, RIR denied and is now back to Regular Queue.
H1 expiring Dec'04. Employer ready to extend my h1 for 7th year.

I think my job is stable for one year so i do not want to leave my job also for now.
After one year i am not sure, so if i decide to switch employee during my 7th year
is it possible?
(If the new employer has an approved labour OR is willing to file for one in fast
moving states).?

NCstate said:
Hi Reddy !

My employer did not receive the Remand mail, Did your employer receive it ?

Hi NCstate, I didn't contact my attorney so far as they asked me to contact during the end of June, I will call them next week and I will let you know!!! Do you have any idea what is Remand and what DOL will be asking for Remand to employer.

"Someone mentioned that we pay taxes and have a right to question (wishful thinking)... dude, we don't have any rights till we become second grade citizens (pun intended)"

i love it....exactly....

You guys seem to be missing the point -

Hey Guys! I am back to this forum after a short break. Work is still killing me .. so my participation is gonna be limited in this week as well .. but i will try.

First of all - quick hellos to Seanc, ttoken, jifjef and other buddies who have been helping out with this DOL letter (sorry if i misspelt or missed anyone).

Ok - now - back to business.. and sorry my language is not gonna be ultra-polite right now - no offense to anyone obviously .. its just personal reasons.. stress mainly! - sooo.. with that being said ! -

i dont care if SESA marked a case as LRP or whatever! WHY DID (regional) DOL OPEN ANY '04 FILE AHEAD OF THE '03 FILES IN THE FIRST PLACE ?! Even if LRP-tagged cases take 10 mins to approve .. why were Apr'04 cases even assigned to a officer ? Get the point ? Atleast i fail to see any justification in this. If someone else knows better - kindly enlighten us.

As far as the back-firing fear goes - i dont buy it. We have a solid point to make - smthg is happening in a random manner .. and we have every right to "protest" - simple as that. Whats the big deal with this.. why this fear? Ok.. i do agree that politeness will be nice.. thats why i asked someone else to draft the letter .. not me .. :) i can offer points to protest about nevertheless !! Just ask me .. and i will come up with another list of 10 points! Lets DO smthg about it - whether it works or not - we will feel a LITTLE better about it - dont u think ?

Sooo.. which version of the letter is the best uptil now? Can someone pls post that .. and we will follow-up from there and send this out by this Friday latest! Thanks guys.

hyaqoob said:
I completely agree with kobra33611 that the DOL is delaying the labor process on purpose and they are delaying it for applications that they can delay the longest. As someone stated on this forum that some applications are tagged with LRP (limited review process) from SESA and those applications get processed faster and that's probably one of the reasons behind faster processing of applications. Besides, if they have remanded an application from Dec 02 and waiting for a response, I expect them to pick the next application (Jan 03) and start working on that till they get a response from Dec 02 application and that's what it seems like they are doing. The delay is due to their laziness, being short staffed, guidelines to delay processing as kobra33611 mentioned (very likely), almost no hiring (since there is a 200 day wait due to security/background checks) in working through these applications.

Someone mentioned that we pay taxes and have a right to question (wishful thinking)... dude, we don't have any rights till we become second grade citizens (pun intended)

Irregular Processing Proof - Check this out

Oh.. btw .. as previous poster said .. AVM is back indeed .. i verified :)

Anyways - go to : http://flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

Enter Employer Name: enGENIUS
State - GA
Return Fields - ALL

And do some quick analysis on the results you get.

2 Cases with R_RO of 03/10/2003 - Certified on ~05/30/2003 !
1 Case with R_RO of 8/11/2003 - Certified on 8/23/2003 !!
Gets more interesting -
2 more Cases with also with R_RO of ~03/10/2003 -
Case 04400051 - 3/11/03 - remanded back to employer;
Case 04400156 - 3/10/03 - file not yet opened - no new status

Furthermore,
04400051 & 04400156 have the exact same OCC/DOT occupation code and title and almost same dates - but check out the prevailing wages applied to the two! 57450 & 106246 ! Apparently, according to SESA, between 11/26/2001 & 2/28/2003 (the golden period for IT - when everything was boooooming like never before!!) .. salaries of a software engineer rose by 90% in those 14 months! Also, another certified case shows that for R_SO of 7/27/2001 - prevailing wage was 71760; and for R_SO of 8/30/2001 - wage dropped to 57450 - only to jump back to 106246 in late '02 - coz the 9/11-induced IT-BOOOOM !

AHHHH... WTF is this ?! Anyone cares to explain ? Mr. Goodman maybe?!

You can use that website by putting one letter in the "employer" field(A,B,C,D etc.) and then choosing any state serviced by Atlanta DOL. And the you can compare processing times. There are a couple that were processed by Atlanta DOL in less than 2 weeks. And these are cases that only go up to the end of last year. I've heard (and have the case numbers) of 2 cases that were processed by Atlanta DOL in a couple of months this year (2004).

It seems that someone is getting paid off, or large corporations are exerting pressure or something. Why are these people getting preferrential treatment over us! Some of us are really in need of fast track processing, I for one am worried that my employer gets fed up and drops the whole thing altogether.

There was this executive sitting next to me on a plane once and we talked about green cards and stuff. He was working for a large security company with a lot of projects with the government. He said that they can get green cards for their employees within months, he said they are connected in that department and can get stuff done easily.

jifjef said:
You can use that website by putting one letter in the "employer" field(A,B,C,D etc.) and then choosing any state serviced by Atlanta DOL. And the you can compare processing times. There are a couple that were processed by Atlanta DOL in less than 2 weeks. And these are cases that only go up to the end of last year. I've heard (and have the case numbers) of 2 cases that were processed by Atlanta DOL in a couple of months this year (2004).

It seems that someone is getting paid off, or large corporations are exerting pressure or something. Why are these people getting preferrential treatment over us! Some of us are really in need of fast track processing, I for one am worried that my employer gets fed up and drops the whole thing altogether.

please add my case to the list

Hi,
I just joined the group. Please add my case to the list.
state: KY
Recieved atlanta date: June 2003.
Thanks

archman said:
Hi,
I just joined the group. Please add my case to the list.
state: KY
Recieved atlanta date: June 2003.
Thanks

archman-

Welcome! Updated the list and attached

sai1234 Mar 10 2003
adibazz Mar 23 2003
ATL03 Mar 24 2003
aksmks Mar 26 2003
scabtl Mar 26 2003
yoginm73 Mar 26 2003
Any update from March candidates?

Please don't even think abt it

Hey Guys,

My suggestion is don't even think about sending such a letter it would do no good but will definitely do a lot of harm to the cases being processed currently.

I say so, because a similar thing happened a few months ago in the regional center at San Francisco and someone send and anonymous letter there and around that time they started seeing lots of rejections.

Nobody likes to be pointed out that they are doing something wrong.

Labor department knows that they are controlling our fate based on these approvals and I know for a fact that Atlanta has almost 98% approval rate, so please please don't do such a thing and change all of that and jeopardize everyone’s fate.

I promise you, it would DO NO GOOD.

But hey it’s a free world so I cannot control your opinion I can only give my 2 cents worth of suggestion...

People waiting for approvals right now – Feb, March, April of 2003 are the ones that will definitely see the wrath if you do such a thing.

I agree....We do not have any rights whatsoever and we are at the sheer mercy of government officers when it comes to matters like this. If they get pissed, they might just as well start rejecting applications just because they feel like it and nobody would care.

I agree that no letter should be sent.

Hey everyone........more and more i read the postings and talk to people i also have started feeling that this letter might do more harm than good.
We cannot do much here but wait and watch. We've waited so long. So we'll wait a little longer.
I know its not fair to us but we are at their mercy.Are'nt we?

I'm with you guys

As far as I know, someone also take the same steps to write letters to
senators, congrssman somtimes back in this thread etc.; But I don't know what happened to that...

I would better suggest not to do this thing at this time when Atlanta DOL is
making good ( at least some ) progress and we would be having PERM implemented later ( or earlier next year ) in this year.

So have patience and letter won't do any Good here as the officer ( as their Bosses ) already know these things..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.