Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
any body know how long ATL regional office will take to enter the case in AVM. I am trying to find my case thru' emp. Phone number but it saying no case found.

kandy_iyer, Did you talked to your lawyer..?

kandy_iyer, Did you talked to your lawyer..?

If not, then first talk to your lawyer and ask the case no..
Instead of searching via AVM system does not make any sense
until you don't know what exact case number is assigned your file.

kandy_iyer, I would say ask your lawyer to call DOL and find out the case number; Instead you searching via AVM; let them do their work...

Call/E-amil five times in a day to your lawyer if they are not doing their job...It's their responsibilty ..

And Accoding to my experience it take somewhere between three to four weeks ( Working days ) to enter the case number in AVM
( If it is workig fine )...

Visa Expiration Question

I have a question thats bothering me. I know this is not the right tracker, but wanted to put this in as there are many GURUS who can answer my question straight.

Well, On a B1/B2 Visitora VISA there is a Expiration Date. Say for example Oct 1st is the Issue date and the Consular officer decides to give a 3 months Visit. So the

Issue Date is : 10/01/2003
Expiration Date is 01/01/2004

I need this clarification:
If the person Leaves India on Dec 15th.. how long will he be able to stay. My take on this is 01/01/2004.

But some of my friends tell me that even though the VISa says 01/01/2004 at the port of entry they decide how long they can stay. He said they can also give the I94 beyond Current VISa expiration as the VISA expiration is 01.01.2004.

The VISA expiration Date is ONLY for the Travel Dates between that peiord in this case between oct and Jan 2004. Is this True????

Pls help.

Thanks Samir

I really appreciate your feed back on this... I was not knowing of what to do because my wifes sister is having her interview on Oct 23rd and we are plannign to get her during december. So I was curious to know. Do u have any valid example of this has happened where they gave given I94 beyond the expiration of VISA?????

HI H1Buser2002

Just call the National customer service center and confirm with them. That way you can make sure everything is alright.

Thanks

Sai

Hi H1Buser2002:
You are confused about the visa expiration date. The terminal date mentioned by the Consulate is the date by which you must enter the US and the Immigration Officer at the port of entry gives you six months from date of entry if you are on a B2 visa.
Hope this clarifies.

Samir, You are Absolutely right. I called up the BCIS customer service and they explained to me correctly. Only thing is since we do not know how long they will allow her to be in US, I will take 4 months ticket so I presume they wulod issue 4 months visa. They said if they give her 2 months visa then I need to file I-539 (extn of stay) and as long as I aply and even if I do not get the approval,/denial she can still stay here legally without any problems. If its denied she should be prepared to leave immeidately. If its approved then we are safe.

Thanks ,

There is another forum for non-immigrant visa type questions. PLEASE DO NOT POST SUCH QUESTIONS / ANSWERS IN THIS FORUM. As it is , it is very frustrating to see that there are no updates on the labor certifications at georgia DOL.

Thanks for your cooperation

Update

Here are the two cases from the place where I work. I am not sure which one is mine. It seems they touched december cases already.

case # 04395xxx
In Atlanta: 12/17/2002
dot 030.162-014
CERTIFIED 9/25

case# 04395xxx
In Atlanta: 12/17/2002
dot 030.162-014
REMANDED TO EMPLOYER 9/27

Dec 2002 moving ?

Thanks zop ... Dec 2002 seems to be moving ..

Hope there is no problem at ur end...

I dont know when they will come to Apr '2003.

ZOPS,

If you don't have any problem, please put the case numbers of those cases. Mine was also reached at ATL DOL on dec 17, 2002 with dot code 030.062-010.

Thanks for posting

ZOPS,

That's a good news.
Yep., As prosix said if you don't mind can you plase post the full case number and if not possible for whatever reason; can you please add one more digit in your numbers...
This will help other to track what's going on at Atlanta..

Thanks
Mysterious_GC

All,

As far as I remember we have some other guys whoses Atlanta DOL date is somewhere in NOV and Dec...

For Example :

veerudu ---- 21-NOV-2002
Prosix -----17-DEC-2002
rchit ----------11-DEC-2002

I request you guys to please post your details as soon as you hear something from Lawyer or Via. AVM...

certified.

My case has been certified on 25th sept... My details..

CAT: EB2-RIR Title: Software Developer
ATL DOL (Fedr) Forwarded: 12/11/2002
Certified on :09/25/03

Congrats!!!!

Congrats rchit !!!!

Thanks a lot for sharaing the Info...

Can you please provide us your case number ( if you don't mind ).
so that we can have some idea that they are processing these serial numbers....

Now it's your turn PROSIX.....

Wish you a good luck in 140/485 processes...

Status
Not open for further replies.