Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important And Urgent, Please Help?

Guys,

AVM says my case has been Remanded To Employer. What does that mean? what efforts we can make to put it back to good hope? Please help. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks

For_labor,

I believe sometime Remand to employer means, Advertise problem, Signature Problem Etc..etc..

And If the Lawyer is good and employer is supporting..this is not a big problem to solve..

If you don't mind can you please post your DOL filing Date and DOT code etc..

1. RFE-> Request for evidence...

In most cases..If something is shown in papers and DOL/INS is not satisfied then they can send the RFE ..

2. NOF-> Notiice of Finding..

In most cases..some document is missing..

3. Remand to Emploer->
In most cases..Advertisement problem, Singnature problem..etc..etc...

4-> Remand to State...
DOL sends the application to STATE department for review or say
start the process all over again...

NOF

Mysterious_GC:

So help me understand this better. In my case (read the last 4-5 posts) NOF has been issued.

Is there are a possibility that ATL DOL can send my application back to North Carolina to be reconsidered as a NON-RIR case instead of RIR ?

I am trying to figure out what is the worse that can happen apart from the fact that my labor cert may be rejected.

Thanks

All_names_are_reserved,

I believe you are taking unnecessary tension.

NOF is nothing, Just some document missing..
Contact your lawyer and He/She can reply to this NOF..
It's not a big problem..

Yes. If the message says....remand to State..
then you can say DOL is not considering your case to be processed in RIR category and asking your Lawyer/Employer to process the application in NON-RIR category.

And If the case is rejected then the AVM message would play it like case Denied or rejected...

veerudu,

I guess your case is filed in NOV...

Do you have your case number with..

If yes, can you please check it with AVM and let us know the status...

As I was checking some numbers randomly..
I found most cases starting with 04395XXX and filed before 20th Nov. has been certified...

I will appreciate if you can update the forum with your case status..

I have tried AVM, but it keep saying the case could not be located!

Any one experiencing this type of problem?

How long it takes to update the case info to the system? mine is forwarded end of August 2003.

powerman,

One of my colleague's case been forwarded to regional on mid of july. AVM says old cases and then it says there are no more cases, when we try to find the status of the case by employer phone number. You never know when they will update. May be as "chalapathim" said some of the cases they are processing by state department.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too had the same problem

I too had the same problem with atlanta saying no more cases. I searched by my employers (HR) number, our Head Quarters phone numbers ... our HR directors phone number no luck...

Lastely I tried giving my Immediate Managers Direct Phone number and the AVM listed the cases (2) I know 2 of us had applied here and I did not know which one was mine. I came to know that one of mine frined got a call from the lawyer that his labor was approved in NC on April 12th and I heard the update at atlanta as April 14th. The next case should be mine as mine was applied after his. Thsi is how I got the case number. It should update within 2-3 weeks after transmission.

Checkk all the number su know and u will have some update.

Hope this helps

due to PERM???

I learned that due to the expected PERM to be in effect by the end of year, DOL is trying to reduce backlog. If it is true that SESA is taking some work load off DOL, and if DOL is processing Nov. 20 cases, it might be true that they are trying to reduce backlog. That gives us a little bit more hope.

atl01,

You are right that PERM is expected in Dec; But it's not certain.
my guess is, As they are delaying this since last year so it's almost impossible to Implement it in Dec.

And, As per Atlanta DOL they are not processing NOV cases...
As I talked to them last week; she told me that they are processing OCT first week cases...

In morning, I write NOV 20th as I was randomly checking the numbers and most of the NOV cases got approved..
But it's not necessary that they are processsing NOV cases..

Probably cases approved might fall in different category...
like NON IT related...

I found that Case number : 04401400--forwared in May'03--got approved..This is IT related case..

So, we can't guess that they are processing NOV-Dec cases...

As per their statement they are processing OCT cases...

Anybody out here whose case forwarded to DOL in NOV-DEC please check your status weekly and update the forum...

As this will help others to find out what's going on....

kandy_iyer,

As soon as ATL DOL (State) forward the file to US DOL, State DOL issue a receipt OR notification (plan paper it has Date:, Case Number:, Employer: and Alien: column)

it also says "This is to notify you that the above application was forwarded to the U.S. Department of Labor's Regional Certifying Officer."

No Tacking Number....Only Case Number.

I hope this will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
powerman,

You are talking about the case number that you receive from state labor department (SESA). "kandy_iyer" is talking about the case number Atlanta Regional DOL. Attorney can request them to send the case number. If you see last 2 months postings on this forum you would know the way of getting your case number by fax and email.

I am new on this. Can you explain whether ATL regional office will send the case number automatically or Attorney need to request for the same.

TAMIL_GC,

My understanding is...same case number carried to the both the department, if I am wrong please correct me.

Do they issue any Tracking number besides case number?

Hi PowerMan

I am processing my GC in alabama state. When i contact the state labor department they told they won't issue any case number.

Thanks
Sai

kandy_iyer

Same as Atlanta, they are not issuing any case number or receipt on filing stage, but as soon as they forward (means approve on sesa level) to US DOL (2nd stage) they will notify to your lawyer, it has a case number and all details.

Originally posted by kandy_iyer
Hi PowerMan

I am processing my GC in alabama state. When i contact the state labor department they told they won't issue any case number.

Thanks
Sai

Status
Not open for further replies.