Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
question for vemi007

vemi007,

Could you please clarify that the "two job postings rule" refer to two newspaper ads or one newspaper ad + one internal posting?
Was you original posting on a newapaper? Did yo do internal posting?

Thank you so much for your answer. My wife is in the same boat and is worried so much.

vemi007 said:
Hi Guys,

I have checked the last posted status list , my name seems to be missing on the list.I do remember Reddy20 adding my username on the list.

Anyway just a recap...

LC filed at GA DOL on 12th July 2004
LC forwarded to Regional DOL on 19th Feb 2003

On May 26th 2004, my employer received a letter from DOL stating that they do one more job posting (advertisement) , in fact all 3 cases that are pending with DOL for my employer have returned with the same letter. Below are the details..

As my case was filed in July 2001 based on 2001 guidelines only one job posting was done, however when my LC came up for certification last week, current 2004 guidelines apply and they state that atleast two job postings need to posted for my position.I have talked to my employer and he said that they will be posting my position in a week followed by one month waiting period and then said the documents back to DOL they have said that it should take not more than 2 weeks then for DOL to certify my application.

After almost 3 years my LC came for certification and this happens...,i dont know what to say..just kinda looking for people with this kind of query, to know how long it will take for DOL to certify my LC after my employer sends them relevant documentation.

I am waiting...waiting...waiting....waiting...

LC Approved (at least as per AVM)! :)

Hi folks,

Finally, I heard it!! Today I just checked the AVM, after reading GC2ME's message of his approval; the AVM said that my case has been certified.
It said that the status was updated on May 18, 2004. I have not heard anything from my employer or attorney yet. I will keep you guys updated.
I am sure everyone in this forum will have their cases certified pretty soon.
This forum has been of so much help while traveling through this long journey. Keep the spirit up!

I would appreciate if someone could point me to all the documents needed for I-140 and I-485 applications?

ingcQ

Regarding AVM

Hi Folks,
I am a silent watcher, this Atlanta Forum is helping me and everyone a lot.
I need help with respect to AVM, my LC filed at GA in May 2003, LC forwarded to Regional DOL on 7th AUG 2003.
I dont have my case number for regional, when i checked AVM it only shows the case numbers for July and September cases, i did not find any case number for August, I am little bit worried about this matter, Can you guys tell me what might be the problem.The AVM shows 3 cases one in July and 2 in Sep has been issued case numbers and dot code numbers etc.
How to check my case number and whom to call directly,if anyone can provide number of some good officer i can call directly, when ever i call regional office they tell me that my lawyer should call to find out.
The reason why iam worried is My job requirements for filing GC was for one year experience, (even thow i have 7 years of exp)my lawyer has been adjusted my exp to one year for my wages.
Dear Folks, Please give me some suggestions with respect to this issue.

Thank you,
kasid

Last edited by a moderator:
ingcQ said:
Hi folks,

Finally, I heard it!! Today I just checked the AVM, after reading GC2ME's message of his approval; the AVM said that my case has been certified.
It said that the status was updated on May 18, 2004. I have not heard anything from my employer or attorney yet. I will keep you guys updated.
I am sure everyone in this forum will have their cases certified pretty soon.
This forum has been of so much help while traveling through this long journey. Keep the spirit up!

I would appreciate if someone could point me to all the documents needed for I-140 and I-485 applications?

ingcQ

ingcQ-

Congrats and best of luck with your further stages. You can find out needed document list for filing 140 and 480, if you browse through last one month posting in this forum.

Updated the status list with ingcQ approval..

kasid said:
Hi Folks,
I am a silent watcher, this Atlanta Forum is helping me and everyone a lot.
I need help with respect to AVM, my LC filed at GA in May 2003, LC forwarded to Regional DOL on 7th AUG 2003.
I dont have my case number for regional, when i checked AVM it only shows the case numbers for July and September cases, i did not find any case number for August, I am little bit worried about this matter, Can you guys tell me what might be the problem.The AVM shows 3 cases one in July and 2 in Sep has been issued case numbers and dot code numbers etc.
How to check my case number and whom to call directly,if anyone can provide number of some good officer i can call directly, when ever i call regional office they tell me that my lawyer should call to find out.
The reason why iam worried is My job requirements for filing GC was for one year experience, (even thow i have 7 years of exp)my lawyer has been adjusted my exp to one year for my wages.
Dear Folks, Please give me some suggestions with respect to this issue.

Thank you,
kasid

kasid-

Do not worry about it. ATL DOL does not keep the forwarded date as received date for some of the cases. One my colleague’s case was forwarded on May 2003, but his case shows received date as Jun'16 2003 in AVM. You can check against the DOT code listed in the cases. Only lawyer/employer can call them directly.

All of you guys check with your lawyer/employer or check AVM, your case might have approved by this time, I do not have the case number and I am checking regularly with my lawyer and no response yet.

shirs Jan 23 2003 FL
ADOL Feb 06 2003
unk3 Feb 19 2003

Tamil_gc

TAMIL_GC said:
kasid-

Do not worry about it. ATL DOL does not keep the forwarded date as received date for some of the cases. One my colleague’s case was forwarded on May 2003, but his case shows received date as Jun'16 2003 in AVM. You can check against the DOT code listed in the cases. Only lawyer/employer can call them directly.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, i checked my dot code,its not showing in the AVM. I think i should wait and check frequently because they have updated last week, may be during some time this week or next week i should try once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can some one explain What does NOF and RFE means? How does the next steps from there?

My layer said that ATL DOL is MAR 12 2003 but when checked through AVM there are NO cases on 12th but there is one on Mar 11th. I assuming that is mine.
After 29 months finally I could hear status change in AVM with RFE which was updated on May 28th. How many days it takes to get the information to lawyer/employer?
And what are the next steps.

If some one can answer these questions it would be great help full especially gives some relief.

jifjef said:
guys a couple of questions

What does NOF and RFE mean?

And also I am considering asking my company to advertize again while my case is pending. The logic there is if DOL asks for more advertizing it would be ready. Do you think that makes sense? Are they known to ask for more ads if no applicants submitted resumes? (my employer did publish the minimum ad requirment of 2)

Any thoughts?

chr said:
Can some one explain What does NOF and RFE means? How does the next steps from there?

My layer said that ATL DOL is MAR 12 2003 but when checked through AVM there are NO cases on 12th but there is one on Mar 11th. I assuming that is mine.
After 29 months finally I could hear status change in AVM with RFE which was updated on May 28th. How many days it takes to get the information to lawyer/employer?
And what are the next steps.

If some one can answer these questions it would be great help full especially gives some relief.

chr, there is nothing to worry about RFE's in Atlanta DOL as we have seen many cases with RFE, how did you check your case do you have the case number?

Thanks Reddy20,
I don't have the case number my lawyer gave the case number when it was in State, I am cheking the status through AVM with the Employer phone number and assuming the case which is RFE is mine because my lawyer said mine went to ATL DOL on March 12th and closest is mar 11 2003.

Reddy20 said:
chr, there is nothing to worry about RFE's in Atlanta DOL as we have seen many cases with RFE, how did you check your case do you have the case number?

how to check status

If I know my employer phone number and my Ga case number how would I find my status using the AVM - the date when it was send to DOL is not listed there March 7th 2003, but there are dates beyond March 7th listed.

find case number

aj2004 said:
If I know my employer phone number and my Ga case number how would I find my status using the AVM - the date when it was send to DOL is not listed there March 7th 2003, but there are dates beyond March 7th listed.

If you know your state case number, use this file to find your DOL case number.
This file was posted on this thread some time back and I do not know how to regenerate it. It might not have the most recent cases though.

This is how I found my case #.

GC2ME said:
If you know your state case number, use this file to find your DOL case number.
This file was posted on this thread some time back and I do not know how to regenerate it. It might not have the most recent cases though.

This is how I found my case #.

Hi GC2ME, How did you find your case number from this Excel list.

Reddy20 said:
Hi GC2ME, How did you find your case number from this Excel list.

You have to first know your local state case number, which I got from my employer corresponding to that, you can find the regional case number from this spread sheet.

If nothing, from this spread sheet just do a search by your company name and you should hit atleast one match, from that row, get your employer phone number. Thats the phone number, your employer gave DOL.
You can use AVM to find out all the cases from that phone number, ofcourse you can't tell which one is yours but if your date is close and if all the cases have a decision (certified/RFE) on it, then you know they worked on your case too.
OR from this spread sheet look at all cases filed by your employer and looking at the salary and DOT code you can guess which one may be yours.

In short, there is no hard and fast rule unless you know your local case number.

Good luck.

GC2ME said:
You have to first know your local state case number, which I got from my employer corresponding to that, you can find the regional case number from this spread sheet.

If nothing, from this spread sheet just do a search by your company name and you should hit atleast one match, from that row, get your employer phone number. Thats the phone number, your employer gave DOL.
You can use AVM to find out all the cases from that phone number, ofcourse you can't tell which one is yours but if your date is close and if all the cases have a decision (certified/RFE) on it, then you know they worked on your case too.
OR from this spread sheet look at all cases filed by your employer and looking at the salary and DOT code you can guess which one may be yours.

In short, there is no hard and fast rule unless you know your local case number.

Good luck.

GC2ME thanks for all this info, Is this list for GA? I cannot see my employer name in the spreadsheet and I know my employer has filed several cases, I filed my Labor in NC state.

Status
Not open for further replies.