Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta Regional DOL Date

My Atty. send me a copy of a letter saying my case number 2004040126/FORA, was forwarded to the US DOL certifying Officer on April 14, 2004.

Any comments or help about how to track it?

It also has the name of somebody at the NC office, is that good for anything?

Thanks in advance

Status List

I also saw a status list posted in some of the replies, how that works, is the list keeping track of all cases of this thread? how do we get the info to be included? :)

my LC

Hi Guys,

I have checked the last posted status list , my name seems to be missing on the list.I do remember Reddy20 adding my username on the list.

Anyway just a recap...

LC filed at GA DOL on 12th July 2004
LC forwarded to Regional DOL on 19th Feb 2003

On May 26th 2004, my employer received a letter from DOL stating that they do one more job posting (advertisement) , in fact all 3 cases that are pending with DOL for my employer have returned with the same letter. Below are the details..

As my case was filed in July 2001 based on 2001 guidelines only one job posting was done, however when my LC came up for certification last week, current 2004 guidelines apply and they state that atleast two job postings need to posted for my position.I have talked to my employer and he said that they will be posting my position in a week followed by one month waiting period and then said the documents back to DOL they have said that it should take not more than 2 weeks then for DOL to certify my application.

After almost 3 years my LC came for certification and this happens...,i dont know what to say..just kinda looking for people with this kind of query, to know how long it will take for DOL to certify my LC after my employer sends them relevant documentation.

I am waiting...waiting...waiting....waiting...

Updated list with vemi007 and NCtato.
Don't worry too much, vemi007. You'll be fine. We haven't heard any case got denied in this thread. And you won't be an exception. You will get yours in 2 or 3 months, I guess. Comparing to 3 years, this is a tolerable time frame. :)

subhasri01 said:
at last...It's been one looooong wait...

AVM shows approved.
ATL DOL 23-dec-02
RFE Jan 04
certified 22-may-04

Congrats subhasri01-

wish you good luck with your 140/485. Could you please update once you received your approval notice?

subhasri01 said:
at last...It's been one looooong wait...

AVM shows approved.
ATL DOL 23-dec-02
RFE Jan 04
certified 22-may-04

Congrats subhasri01 for your approval, wish you good luck for your 140/485. Are you going for concurrent?

HI Reddy,

Do you know any receipt notice for Labor processing ?

Reddy20 said:
Congrats subhasri01 for your approval, wish you good luck for your 140/485. Are you going for concurrent?

guys a couple of questions

What does NOF and RFE mean?

And also I am considering asking my company to advertize again while my case is pending. The logic there is if DOL asks for more advertizing it would be ready. Do you think that makes sense? Are they known to ask for more ads if no applicants submitted resumes? (my employer did publish the minimum ad requirment of 2)

Any thoughts?

update

Upditng status list according to AVM.The atlanta office told intitally to me it was moved on september 9th but it's different in AVM it's actually sept17th.

Tamil_GC..

here is some thing i found ..I saw u r case number posted in your earlier replies,but get a chunk of this , even though your case was 1 week after my file .your file number is much ahead of me like 04415###

BTW thank you for posting about avm update info , that was very helpful .

Good luck every one

gvr123 said:
Upditng status list according to AVM.The atlanta office told intitally to me it was moved on september 9th but it's different in AVM it's actually sept17th.

Tamil_GC..

here is some thing i found ..I saw u r case number posted in your earlier replies,but get a chunk of this , even though your case was 1 week after my file .your file number is much ahead of me like 04415###

Good luck every one

I assumed my case number by DOT code and received(forwarded) date with employer phone number. I guess the case numbers is not issued in the order.

I guess your case was forwaded from your SESA on 9th Sep but Regional center received on 17th ... Normally it happens.

gvr123 said:

Tamil_GC..

Good luck every one

jifjef said:
guys a couple of questions

What does NOF and RFE mean?

And also I am considering asking my company to advertize again while my case is pending. The logic there is if DOL asks for more advertizing it would be ready. Do you think that makes sense? Are they known to ask for more ads if no applicants submitted resumes? (my employer did publish the minimum ad requirment of 2)

Any thoughts?
I am in the same boat as jifjef, my employer had a print ad in one of the leading journals in my field and one internet posting.
Since this position is in a remote obscure location no resumes were submitted for the job posting.
Does anyone know of recent approvals when no resumes have been received by the company for the job postings ?

Guys, When you are updating status list please take some more efforts to scroll back some pages and update the latest status list. That way we won't loose anybody's information and atleast have some kind of tracking within ourselves

gvr123, You had missed the subhasri01's information ....

Here is the updated now..

NCSTATE,

According to your logic, if my case was forwarded by the state on Dec 12,2003, my receipt date should be late dec. Is that usually the case? It's not that someone picks up the application 3 months later to input the case in the system and puts the receipt date of when he/she entered the system.

Can anyone let me know if this is the right assumption?

many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.