Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have updated the list

I have added my details and updated the list

Receipt date at ATL DOL is jan 23 2003
Still not yet assigned to any analyst.

Why is s_singh99 twice in the updated file.... one says received in 2002 and the other says 2003

are there 2 people ?

Thank you everyone for your wishes.

Paincard,
After the recent ohata memo it is unclear which should I be taking.... semi-concurrent or concurrent. My employer suggests semi, as they have seen some 140 cases being approved in 4-5 months when filed semi. I think I will go with semi . The employer / attorney has not yet received the approval in mail. My employer is already in the process of having my I-140 filed and getting the paperwork ready by the attorney.

Hope to see you all soon in the I-140 forum. Good Luck once again. Give up hopes on AVM. It's useless.

Congrats!!!

Congratulations pashwin & s_singh99 !!!

Glad to know you guys got certified. I am yet to get that feeling... I don't know when ?. Finally, Elizabeth is back in business.

Best of luck to you and to everyone.....

my case certified

ATL01
Receipt Date at DOL: 2/6/2003
REMAND Date: 2/19/2004
Reply Date: 3/4/2004
Certified Date: 4/30/2004

What a relief after 3 years' of LC! Ready for the next 3-year waiting for 140/485.

Could someone tell me the forum for Texas 140 /485 discussions? I searched but found very fragmented threads.

Good Luck to everyone of you and thank you for your support!

question to Pashwin

Pashwin, could you shed some lights on the ohata memo relating to semi - concurrent filing of 140/485? If after 4-5 months of filing 140 alone without approval, can you file 485 when the 140 is pending? Is that what you mean by semi ?

Congrats atl01 !!

Congrats atl01,

Thank you for updating the thread.

Wish you good luck for further processing with USCIS..

Here is the updated list..

Thanks

atl01,
Semi concurrent is filing I-485 anytime after filing I-140. The pro's and con's are unclear at this moment. However I am filing for I-140 first and will file I-485 when i receive the receipt for I-140.

Thanks Reddy20 !

Thanks Reddy20,

I updated 2003 because I could not understand what does 02/04 means; It could be Feb 04 2003 also.

But probably you are right..or only "jcreddy" can clarify this...

Thanks anyway..

Well...i just called ATL DOL now....got little tempted on seeing this forum ppl...calling ATL DOL and trying to find out the status. I know iam far away in approval process .........but still gave a try calling ATL DOL..

The lady replied...was kind enough to get my case #...went through all my history...asking case #, beneficiary name, attorney office name...and told me history about my case and she said...they are processing Feb end cases...and since my PD is July 11th...it cud take some months to be assigned to analyst...

My first conversation with ATL DOL was quite plesant.....;)

FYI -- interesting link with statistics

FYI - interesting link with statistics,

http://groups.msn.com/texasimmigrat...essage=25325&LastModified=4675466178091570246

Number of applications processed to completion in each region last year

Boston 10,199
New York 11,667
Philadelphia 12,916
Atlanta 12,917
Chicago 12,124
Dallas 5,737
San Francisco 13,329
Total 78,889

From immigration.com

03/24/2004: DOL PERM and Backlog Reduction Centers Locations

DOL has disclosed to the AILA the locations of the PERM reengineered labor certification processing centers and Backlog Reduction Centers as follows:
PERM Processing Centers: Atlanta and Chicago
Backlog Reduction Processing Centers: Philadelphia and Dallas
DOL has reported that there are over 300,000 permanent labor certification applications pending at this time. The two Backlog Reduction Centers should help to reduce the backlog cases once the centers open. The Backlog Reduction Centers are expected to be manned by private contractors and according to the unconfirmed sources of information, such contract may not be offered until May 2004. Our earlier report that some state offices started transferring backlog cases to contractors turned out to be outsourcing of backlog cases to overseas contractors by the Texas state labor certification office. It is unclear how far the overseas outsourcing of permanent labor certification applications will go in terms of the involved large states. Please stay tuned.

regards,

so ATL DOL must be processing 30-40 applications per day

So, at the above reated of 13000 applications per year,
ATL DOL must be processing 30-40 applications per day.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.