Atlanta Local Office Processing

Congretulation!!! so, when are we meeting at Global mall for the celebration??

Thank you!

TheRealCanadian said:
Dropped by around 7:40am for the 8/8:30 interviews. No lineup (but if you have an interview notice you can go direct to the security guard and skip the line.) Once you get in through the metal detectors, again you can skip the next line and go to room 287. One hint: there's a front staircase and a sign for interviews; ignore it and walk all the way to the back until you get to the elevator. There's a staircase just past it. The upstairs waiting room is nicer than the downstairs holding area. Place your interview notice in the tray by the window and wait. (All INS waiting rooms seem to lack clocks - by design, I suspect.)

We had officer 'D', who turned out to be pretty friendly and nice to our 3 year old. The first thing she did was get us to swear the oath and our index finger stamp (which was a good omen). Confirmed our identities and dates of birth, etc. Then asked for employment letter, and rooted through my file. Never mentioned that it didn't match the I-140, although my wife says that she did check the I-140 approval notice.

Asked if we had been filing taxes, and I asked if a copy of my most recent 1040 was OK. She said that was fine, and took it. I had IRS transcripts for 99 through 2001, and PDF copies from TurboTax for 2002 and 2003. If you have the IRS transcripts, great, if not a copy should be fine.

She then took out a secure card and plugged it into a reader, and logged onto a web site. At first I was wondering if she was verifying my tax info with the IRS (gulp - I assume it's right but I just printed off the PDF that was on my PC) but it turns out she was logged into a Department of State site since her printout had the title "IV Request Approved". When you get the visa number, it's all over but the stamping. :) Which she then proceeded to do. (Based on what I saw, if you are an EB case there is no reason that you cannot get a visa number on the spot while you are there. I've heard of some folks not getting the stamp at the interview for this reason, and you shouldn't accept that. Fingerprints and IBIS checks are another matter, though.)

In some senses I ask myself "I waited almost two years for this?" but at the same time I am very grateful that it was so straightforward and simple. Thanks to all of you for sharing information and keeping us enthusiastic when Atlanta looked like it was never going to move.

Chatted for a minute or two and that was it. In case you're wondering, this is what an I-551 stamp looks like. Thanks everyone - and I'll keep hoping for all of you this month. Let's get together in a few years to bitch about how crummy N-400 processing is. :)

Congratulations!

Must say you must be totally relieved.......

I guess I am next in line. Anybody going before Tuesday?

So, I suppose I should be ok as far as emplyer changeis concern. But I have couple of other issues.....which I am more worried about. AM keeping my fingers crossed. So along with the stamp they also enter the A number on the passport. Does this number match the file number or original A number?

I got EVl from my present employer today. Also, went in for earlier FP today(Was originally suppose to go tomorrow). Could have gone earlier....but lets not even go there. It was along wait but its atleast done. Does anybody know the number to call to find out if FP have been cleared. What is IBIS check?

Congrats! once again. Enjoy the freedom.

waitingforaos said:
But I have couple of other issues.....which I am more worried about. AM keeping my fingers crossed.

If you have worries, please let us know. If you feel uncomfortable, feel free to PM either myself or someone else you trust.

So along with the stamp they also enter the A number on the passport. Does this number match the file number or original A number?

It's the A number, not the petition number. Your old EAC or SRC number is totally irrelevant. What you get is the A# that should be on your I-485 receipt notice.

Does anybody know the number to call to find out if FP have been cleared. What is IBIS check?

Take a peek in the I-485 fingerprinting thread. They should have the FBI confirmation number. All they'll tell you is if they have returned the results back to USCIS, not what the results are - but you know if you have been good or bad and what they would be. ;)

The IBIS check is the "Interagency Border Information System" check which links all the FBI, CIA, USCIS, DOS etc. databases together. They shouldn't need fingerprints for that, so that should have been complete. Really, so long as FBI gets the FP results back in time for the interview you should be OK. The extra day of slack you gave yourself should do the trick, although with the electronic FP here in Atlanta you should get pretty quick turnaround.

The most awaited interview finally happend after 2.5 years???

CONGRATULATIONS RealCanadian. Really happy for you and your family. you are our inspiration. :)

Sorry, couldn't write back and congratualate you yesterday as i went for the 3rd Fingerprinting to Charleston, South Carolina. It was a drag driving from Greenville, however i got my EAD on the spot. Charleston is very quick and yesterday it was crowded as many people were there for N-400 interview. Good for them. I guess it's the election year and they are concentrating on N-400 so that they can get more votes for Bush.

Anyways..... our fingerprints were taken again, although they haven't been expired. I went for EAD card, which they took the picture and fingerprint of index finger. I don't know if i'll get interview in 2 months or it will take 6 months as Greer/Charleston are still processing 08/01 cases and my RD is 12/01. (RealCanadain, since you are Veteran on this forum, could you shed some light as what does this new means for me?)

IBIS check? hm.. i haven't heard about this one. But thanks for sharing. It was interesting to see office inside charleston. The officers had normal cubicle just like ours. Saw the office for the director they all are just ordinary people. There were some buckets to keep the file and it was written, "jail only". that's funny.

Anyways.. It's time for REAL CANADIAN to celebrate.

Good luck to Waitingforaos for next week and all others.

Atlanta Guys,

Have anyone of you contacted Sen Saxby Chambliss ? I did that on June 1st and yesterday(July 15th) received a letter saying that they have contacted BCIS and have "requested expeditious and favorable processing on my case. But due to number of pending applications it could still take few days to weeks to months." No news/info on what stage my application is in (with officer or still waiting to be assigned etc).Just wondering if that is the standard reply we get from his office.

My I-485 application is pending with VSC since April 19th 2002. And about 3 weeks ago LUD on my I-485 application changed to 06/21/2004. But since then no change and status is still pending.

Thanks for you input.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheRealCanadian

Thanks for the update. My case kind of different and tricky. Even my lawyer is not sure what kind of questions they can ask, if any. Will just have to go for the interview and see what happens. Thanks for offering the help and advice.

I am pussitn all the papers together.....original and copy of everything possible. I donot want to go there and not have any papers and give them an excuse to put the file back on te shelf. If possible I am not goin got leave the place without the stamp.

Thank You everyone for the wishes.

AC21 Letter

TheRealCanadian, did you take a AC21 letter, one written by you saying that you have cahnged employers? If yes, can you post the format. I know they didnot ask for it but I would like to keep one ......just in case.

waitingforaos said:
TheRealCanadian, did you take a AC21 letter, one written by you saying that you have cahnged employers? If yes, can you post the format. I know they didnot ask for it but I would like to keep one ......just in case.

They didn't ask for one, nor did I bring one. I just provided a current letter of employment, and a copy of my most recent 1040. That was it.

The Saga Is finally over. ....

Went for the interview this morning. Was very smooth.Everything was over in 15-20 minutes. Did not ask many questions. Just the ususal….have you ever been convicted/arrested etc. Like TheRealCanadian asked for current employer letter and latest tax return. Took the index finger print and asked if I have already been for my FP appointment. I offered to show the receipt but she said its not required.
She told me it will take 6-9 months for the physical card. Lets start waiting for that and post a message as soon as one of us gets it.

Good Luck to everyone who’s going for interview this week.
Its really cool…..you will get it.

waitingforaos said:
Went for the interview this morning. Was very smooth.Everything was over in 15-20 minutes. Did not ask many questions. Just the ususal….have you ever been convicted/arrested etc. Like TheRealCanadian asked for current employer letter and latest tax return. Took the index finger print and asked if I have already been for my FP appointment. I offered to show the receipt but she said its not required.
She told me it will take 6-9 months for the physical card. Lets start waiting for that and post a message as soon as one of us gets it.

Congratulations! I'm glad your experience was as smooth as my own. They asked about the FP; did they stamp the PP and get a visa number for you?

GAPeach said:
Do we need to carry ADIT photos for interview?

We didn't. I wouldn't bring any unless they specifically ask in the interview notice. There is a checkbox for it on the interview notice but for us it wasn't checked. They used our old 2001 photos.

Just waiting for WaitingforAOS to reply with the good news. Hope things workout for him.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Everything done...

Yes, they did stamp the passport. I don't know why she just asked about the FP. I guess....she couldnot think of anything else to ask;-)
Anyways.....I didnot take any picture either. They didnot ask for one.

Good Luck!