Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Good to see some movement

Good to see some movement in Atlant for IL. Hope I and my family members get one soon. We are waiting for almost two months now after FP.

D/O: Atlanta
04/30/12 (D 000) Mailed to TSC
05/03/12 (D 003) Delivered
05/29/12 (D 026) FP Notice Sent
06/20/12 (D 051) FP Scheduled
06/22/12 (D 054) In Q 4 interview scheduling"
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) YL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Sent
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Interview -- Passed
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) In Q 4 Oath Sch
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Oath Letter Recd
xx/xx/12 (Dxxx) Oath Date

One who received IL this week, filed 4/25, so hopefully you'll have yours soon. The others had applied in February and March. So the order seems a bit mixed up, but I guess it depends on how complicated each case is.

I'm just glad things are moving. The sooner the earlier filers go through, the sooner us later filers will. I filed 6/29 so I may be waiting a while yet.

Grashoppr

question about expired passport.

Hi,
I received my interview letter today. Interview scheduled on Sept19. I didn't receive email notification this time. My PD=Apl 3 and FP done on 05/24.
I have a question about my passport. My Indian passport is expiring on Sept 8 and my interview is schedule on Sept 19. Is it OK to go to the interview with the expired passport? If I apply for the new indian passport, I was not sure if I receive it in Time (before Sept 18).

Is it OK to go to the interview with the expired passport?

Hi,
I received my interview letter today. Interview scheduled on Sept19. I didn't receive email notification this time. My PD=Apl 3 and FP done on 05/24.
I have a question about my passport. My Indian passport is expiring on Sept 8 and my interview is schedule on Sept 19. Is it OK to go to the interview with the expired passport? If I apply for the new indian passport, I was not sure if I receive it in Time (before Sept 18).

Is it OK to go to the interview with the expired passport?

I think you are supposed to bring all passports that are still in your posession, current and expired. I don't know if you can go to the intrview without a current one, but if I was you, I'd call customer service and ask.

Yes, my 5 months are up Aug 30th, my application was received March 30. Maybe it'll go fast once I got my interview... I just thought I'd reply to your assumption the other day, that some people might have not updated their status on trackitt, I believe they are at the same spot as me. However, I did not put my info on that site.

Hello u all
Let me share my case as well. I applied on Jan 2012. Had my interview on April 2th. I was put on schedule q on May1th. I have been waiting ever since. Overall the whole process so far has been of 8 months.

Hello u all
Let me share my case as well. I applied on Jan 2012. Had my interview on April 2th. I was put on schedule q on May1th. I have been waiting ever since. Overall the whole process so far has been of 8 months.

You've been waiting for an oath date since May? Have you called USCIS to find out what the delay is? A couple of people had their interviews in July and had oaths either later the same week, or the following week.

Usually once you pass your interview, it's not long at all for an oath date. These days they are giving oath letters before you leave your interview - I was speaking with somebody yesterday who had their interview in ATL yesterday (via another website) and he was waiting for his letter.

You've been waiting for an oath date since May? Have you called USCIS to find out what the delay is? A couple of people had their interviews in July and had oaths either later the same week, or the following week.

Usually once you pass your interview, it's not long at all for an oath date. These days they are giving oath letters before you leave your interview - I was speaking with somebody yesterday who had their interview in ATL yesterday (via another website) and he was waiting for his letter.

Yes I have been waiting that long for the oath cerimony. Yes I called Uscis, I was told that they would get in touch with Atlanta immigration office. Next day I got a letter that pretty soon I would be schedule for the oath. It has been 2 months since I got this letter. My case is easy, I cannot imagine why is taking so long.

Wow, that's a long time to wait. Just from anecdotal observation on my part, not a lot of people were reporting progress through ATL from about the second week of June, until recently. One person on the Trackitt site had an interview scheduled some time in June, but on May 16th it was de-scheduled. He/she just had their interview yesterday and they have their oath scheduled for this Friday. They said the ATL DO is very busy - they were there 7 hours yesterday - the interview was short and sweet but they waited for their oath letter. That person applied on 2/21 and FP done 4/5. They were stuck in limbo for a long while but at least their journey is nearly over.

There didn't seem to be much activity in June or most of July - not sure if that's just coincidence with who has shared their info on this and other sites, but more people who have been "stuck" somewhere along the line, are having their cases move forward now. I hope you get your oath letter soon. It seems odd that people being interviewed now, have their oath letter in hand before they leave, and you're still waiting.

Wow, that's a long time to wait. Just from anecdotal observation on my part, not a lot of people were reporting progress through ATL from about the second week of June, until recently. One person on the Trackitt site had an interview scheduled some time in June, but on May 16th it was de-scheduled. He/she just had their interview yesterday and they have their oath scheduled for this Friday. They said the ATL DO is very busy - they were there 7 hours yesterday - the interview was short and sweet but they waited for their oath letter. That person applied on 2/21 and FP done 4/5. They were stuck in limbo for a long while but at least their journey is nearly over.

There didn't seem to be much activity in June or most of July - not sure if that's just coincidence with who has shared their info on this and other sites, but more people who have been "stuck" somewhere along the line, are having their cases move forward now. I hope you get your oath letter soon. It seems odd that people being interviewed now, have their oath letter in hand before they leave, and you're still waiting.

I am changing my last name. I guess I need the judicial oath.

Yes judicial oath is different but that's still unreasonably long.

I'd be calling and speaking to a Tier 2 rep, or booking an infopass.

N 652 decision cannot be made

Guys:

Just came back giving an Interview. Did pass test of English and US History. However the officer gave a letter with " A decision cannot yet be made about your application"

Not sure why, she did not ask may question but she did ask about my last travel. One of the reason may be due to my travel outside US. I have traveled six times totaling 132 days and two times for 33 & 34 days. Can that be a reason?

Need advice!!!

I'm not sure what the physical presence requirement is (I'm sure somebody will chime in on that). Sometimes, from what I've read, the Officer that interviews you is not authorized to make a decision until someone higher up OKs it.

I wouldn't worry yet at this point, it's quite likely they just need somebody else's proverbial rubber-stamp.

Anybody else got an update?

We had a flurry of IL received mid-month, then it went quiet again :(

I'm in the queue for IL for 4 weeks today. I know - not very long relative to some folks' wait... I'm just anxious.

Grashoppr

Still waiting for my Interview Letter

I and my family members have passed almost over two months (two month seven days) after fingerprinting, there is no IL or even Yellow Letter.

Does this new move by President to give Work permit to Illegals is making our life harder/stuck in line? Just dont understand why it is so delayed in Atlanta where as other DO are moving fast. It is really frustrating.

Good to see some movement in Atlant for IL. Hope I and my family members get one soon. We are waiting for almost two months now after FP.

D/O: Atlanta
04/30/12 (D 000) Mailed to TSC
05/03/12 (D 003) Delivered
05/29/12 (D 026) FP Notice Sent
06/20/12 (D 051) FP Scheduled
06/22/12 (D 054) In Q 4 interview scheduling"
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) YL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Sent
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) IL Recd
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Interview -- Passed
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) In Q 4 Oath Sch
xx/xx/12 (D xxx) Oath Letter Recd
xx/xx/12 (Dxxx) Oath Date

Your travel is quite reasonable and should not be a problem. What else questions did she ask? Do you notice what question/answer triggered her pause? Actually, you should have directly asked her the reason why the decision cannot be made. It is very natural to ask in that way.

Guys:

Just came back giving an Interview. Did pass test of English and US History. However the officer gave a letter with " A decision cannot yet be made about your application"

Not sure why, she did not ask may question but she did ask about my last travel. One of the reason may be due to my travel outside US. I have traveled six times totaling 132 days and two times for 33 & 34 days. Can that be a reason?

Need advice!!!

Your travel is quite reasonable and should not be a problem. What else questions did she ask? Do you notice what question/answer triggered her pause? Actually, you should have directly asked her the reason why the decision cannot be made. It is very natural to ask in that way.[/QUOTE

I know, I should have ask her the reason. But it was that moment and was not thinking rationally. Not sure where she paused. She just went through my form and asked me all those questions. Was done with the interview in six minutes. Got with the first six civic questions right. She did mentioned that my middle name will not appear on my Certificate. Not sure if that's a red flag. As most of the Indian Birth certificates does not have a middle name but carries the father name.

I am not sure what would be my recourse. When should I approach them again?

Did you sign your picture? It would be wise to schedule an infopass within 2 weeks. Since infopass happens at the same local USCIS, you should get some information.

Your travel is quite reasonable and should not be a problem. What else questions did she ask? Do you notice what question/answer triggered her pause? Actually, you should have directly asked her the reason why the decision cannot be made. It is very natural to ask in that way.[/QUOTE

I know, I should have ask her the reason. But it was that moment and was not thinking rationally. Not sure where she paused. She just went through my form and asked me all those questions. Was done with the interview in six minutes. Got with the first six civic questions right. She did mentioned that my middle name will not appear on my Certificate. Not sure if that's a red flag. As most of the Indian Birth certificates does not have a middle name but carries the father name.

I am not sure what would be my recourse. When should I approach them again?

I've been in line for interview scheduling since 7/30. When I check my status online it also says that if I don't receive IL within 30 days of July 30, to call the 800 number. It's day 31, so I called. Spent 20 minutes on the phone, only to be given a reference number. I was told my query is being forwarded to the field office, and they have 15 days to respond.

I know my DO (Atlanta) can be painfully slow... but since the site said to call after 30 days... ;) Wasn't much good though.

01/03/2003: GC
06/29/12: N-400 mailed to Dallas via Priority Mail
07/03/12: N-400 priority date (Day 4)
07/6/12: Check cashed (Day 7)
07/10/12: NOA recvd (Day 11)
07/13/12: FP notice mailed (Per website - Day 14)
07/16/12: FP notice recvd (Day 17 - Scheduled for 8/8)
07/26/12: FP done - Early walk-in. (Day 27)
07/30/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview" (Day 31)

xx/xx/12: IL recvd
xx/xx/12: Interview
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received

Grashoppr

Did you sign your picture? It would be wise to schedule an infopass within 2 weeks. Since infopass happens at the same local USCIS, you should get some information.

YES, I did sign both pictures. I will wait for another week and then call them or take a infopass to get some more info.

Fyi

Hello guys

I quick update about my case. So I called UCSIS again. I asked why my case was taken longer than average. The customer service representative transfer me over a higher level of customer service. That person was very efficient, very polite. It was a nice experience. Anyway, I was told that I was gonna get a letter in 2 weeks with my oath cerimony date. Overall my process has been taken 9 months. So be patient, but do not hesitate to call if you feell that you are stuck!