Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

N400 -Waiting for interview

Guys -

I am in Atlanta. Applied for N-400 on May 25th. Completed FP on 11th June 2012. Updated status on 18th June saying that I am in Q for interview to be scheduled and no status update after that ?

It has been more than 2.5 months . Anyone on the same boat ?

There are lots of others waiting unusually long. Does the website suggest you call the 800 number if you haven't received your IL within 30 days of being in line?

Mine does - it's been a little over 30 days so I called. All they did was take my info, they will forward it to the DO and the DO has 15 days to respond. Not sure if it will help or not, but I did that last week.

It's been sporadic in ATL since early June. Before that things seemed to be moving along rather well, but since early June it's slowed down. Now some are getting IL, but others aren't. Not sure what's up with that.

Grashoppr

What has happened to atlanta waiting for ever

I dont know but looks like atlanta interview scheduling is again on hold. Since last two weeks there is no movement in scheduling.

I am waiting since June 20 FP completion and there does not seems any hope for the movement. On trackitt I looked for the trend and there is no recent movement for shcheduling of interview.

Any one has any clue? What may be next step if there is no movement except calling tall free number on receipt.

Yeah, Atlanta showed signs of movement but then it seems to have stopped again. I'm sure they're still processing people, I'm sure only a small fraction of applicants bother to post on sites like this, and I'm sure some start by posting and perhaps drop off without filling in the balance of their dates when they get them.

I'm still well under the 5 month average so I have no real cause to complain. Somebody who applied just 2 days before me, got their IL on Tuesday. Yet others who have been waiting a lot longer, are still waiting. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of order to it but I guess some cases are more complicated than others.

For me, I've held a GC for almost 10 years so I am well past the qualification period - clean record and all that good stuff, so I don't anticipate any delays other than the volume the center is processing.

We're all just eager :) And the wait from after FP to IL is the hardest part I think. I guess we all need a lesson in patience.

Grashoppr

Status update on my N400 case..(Atlanta)

My status has been updated today and USCIS scheduled an interview and sent a letter with details. Looks like Atlanta is slow.

Applied N400 on April 25th in Atlanta.

Finger print completed on June 11th

Status update on in line for interview to be scheduled on June 18th.

September 10th updated again saying sent an interview letter..

Not a slight movment yet for me

Looks like stuck again, I hope this is not due to this because of processing of appln for new illegal to legal law, otherwise we may wait for years.

QUOTE=pmpforgc;2586483]I dont know but looks like atlanta interview scheduling is again on hold. Since last two weeks there is no movement in scheduling.

I am waiting since June 20 FP completion and there does not seems any hope for the movement. On trackitt I looked for the trend and there is no recent movement for shcheduling of interview.

Any one has any clue? What may be next step if there is no movement except calling tall free number on receipt.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say what's going on there. Seems like a bunch of IL go out, then nothing for a while. They aren't all in order either - some who applied earlier, some who applied later.

My online status changed on July 30 to "in line for interview scheduling". It also says if more than 30 days have passed, to call the 800 number provided. I did call, got a reference number, and was told that I would hear from the DO within 15 days. I take that to mean 15 business days (which aren't up yet). No word back as of yet. If the 15 (business) days passes with no call back, I'll call again I guess. I'm within the 5 months so there's probably not much to glean from that yet anyway.

Some folks report receiving IL without any change to their online status, so I'm watching the mail, but nothing thus far.

The DO probably processes many different kinds of applications, so maybe they do a bunch of these, a bunch of those? I don't know how it works.

An acquaintance who applied a couple of days after me, has their interview scheduled next Tuesday, the 25th. Their application is related to being married to a member of the military so it would make sense if they are fast-tracked. They never got an IL in the mail - they found out by phone, and had their IL emailed to them last week.

I just hope that IL aren't getting lost in the mail. With the online status changes somewhat lagging, that could spell a missed appointment for somebody if their letter doesn't come, and their online status doesn't indicate that they've been scheduled.

I had called USCIS once before - to find out about doing my biometrics early. I didn't get an answer to the question (I did take a chance and walked in early and had them done in 15 minutes) - a week or so later I received a follow-up call asking me to rate the service I received from calling. Nothing like that yet after my more recent query.

So we wait. And wait. :)

This is question regarding the employment section. my spouse didn't work so I have left employment section blank. If the DO ask why it is blank, how should we handle the question. What would be the better answer?

Dont worry much about the 15 day letter

Hard to say what's going on there. Seems like a bunch of IL go out, then nothing for a while. They aren't all in order either - some who applied earlier, some who applied later.

My online status changed on July 30 to "in line for interview scheduling". It also says if more than 30 days have passed, to call the 800 number provided. I did call, got a reference number, and was told that I would hear from the DO within 15 days. I take that to mean 15 business days (which aren't up yet). No word back as of yet. If the 15 (business) days passes with no call back, I'll call again I guess. I'm within the 5 months so there's probably not much to glean from that yet anyway.

Some folks report receiving IL without any change to their online status, so I'm watching the mail, but nothing thus far.

The DO probably processes many different kinds of applications, so maybe they do a bunch of these, a bunch of those? I don't know how it works.

An acquaintance who applied a couple of days after me, has their interview scheduled next Tuesday, the 25th. Their application is related to being married to a member of the military so it would make sense if they are fast-tracked. They never got an IL in the mail - they found out by phone, and had their IL emailed to them last week.

I just hope that IL aren't getting lost in the mail. With the online status changes somewhat lagging, that could spell a missed appointment for somebody if their letter doesn't come, and their online status doesn't indicate that they've been scheduled.

I had called USCIS once before - to find out about doing my biometrics early. I didn't get an answer to the question (I did take a chance and walked in early and had them done in 15 minutes) - a week or so later I received a follow-up call asking me to rate the service I received from calling. Nothing like that yet after my more recent query.

So we wait. And wait. :)

I called them before last week got standard letter in email to check back with them in 90 days if nothing happens.
I tried to call for my spouse two different time, got same response wait till five month is over from priority date. I did not worried to call for my sons case.

So calling is of no help I dont know infopass helps or not and when we can do infopass

I checked my status this morning and it's still the same except for one thing. Instead of telling me to call if no IL is received after 30 days, now it's changed to 90 days.

I did call when 30+ days had passed - have not received a call back or anything. But the website changed oh so subtly to 90 days post July 30th.

I guess I'm in for an even longer wait :-/

Grashoppr

At what time did your interview happened? My interview appointment is @ 2:15. By the interview is done it was almost 4:30 pm. I didn't receive the oath letter.

My interview on Tuesday was @ 12.15 and I arrived about 15 mins. early. I was called back to the office about 10 mins. after I arrived and before my scheduled time. The interview took maybe 10 mins. but I was waiting for the oath letter for almost 2 hrs. The officer told me after the interview to go back to the waiting area and wait for my name to be called to receive my letter. She was very nice, everybody seemed very nice there. Did you pass with a recommended approval?

My interview on Tuesday was @ 12.15 and I arrived about 15 mins. early. I was called back to the office about 10 mins. after I arrived and before my scheduled time. The interview took maybe 10 mins. but I was waiting for the oath letter for almost 2 hrs. The officer told me after the interview to go back to the waiting area and wait for my name to be callesorrd to receive my letter. She was very nice, everybody seemed very nice there. Did you pass with a recommended approval?

Sorry I ment I arrived about 30 mins. early...

Yes I passed with recommended approval but I didn't received the oath letter. Now I am in the waiting mode. Not sure how long will Atlanta DO takes to schedule the oath

Yes I passed with recommended approval but I didn't received the oath letter. Now I am in the waiting mode. Not sure how long will Atlanta DO takes to schedule the oath

I don't know, but think positive, you're almost there! You know you got approved, I'm sure it's not gonna take too much longer. :) Congrats on passing your interview. Your interview was on Tuesday, too, did I understand that correct?

I don't know, but think positive, you're almost there! You know you got approved, I'm sure it's not gonna take too much longer. :) Congrats on passing your interview. Your interview was on Tuesday, too, did I understand that correct?

Yes my interview happened on Tuesday @ 2:15 PM. One strange thing happened today. There was a missed call form USCIS atlanta on my home phone today afternoon. They didn't leave any message. I called back the number and it is going to the USCIS atlanta office. I was not able to reach any person. It was the regular automated messages. Not sure why they called me.

Anybody got a call from USCIS after the interview?

Hi All,
Does anybody know how to contact Atlanta DO office so I can talk to a live person instead of automated message. Last week, i got a missed call from Atlanta DO but they didn't leave any message. I had the interview and was approved earlier in the week. I am tense now on why they called me after the interview.