Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Finally Atlanta is moving again! Got my text/email on December 11th that I have been scheduled for interview. I don't have the letter yet (I'm out of town actually but my better half will give me the date when the letter comes). Several others on Trackitt who applied around the same time as me, also got notices on the 11th. I filed 6/29, priority date 7/2, fingerprints on 7/26 and in line for interview since 7/30. I expect the interview date will be in mid January - I'll update when I have the exact date.

Good to know your progress

Finally Atlanta is moving again! Got my text/email on December 11th that I have been scheduled for interview. I don't have the letter yet (I'm out of town actually but my better half will give me the date when the letter comes). Several others on Trackitt who applied around the same time as me, also got notices on the 11th. I filed 6/29, priority date 7/2, fingerprints on 7/26 and in line for interview since 7/30. I expect the interview date will be in mid January - I'll update when I have the exact date.

Grashoppr good to know that you are progressing to new stage. You had really kept atlanta thread active for a while !!

We have our oath scheduled on Dec 17th (our priority date is May 3), so all please hang on Atlanta is taking lot more time than other DO's. If you go to office you will know why !!

Finally USC

Congratulations! You'll be all done in a few more days!
''

Today our Journey for USC is over with oath. Total 183 peoples from 66 country took oath.

Best luck to all ATL inspiring USC and thanks for all the help and guidance on the path.

Congratulations!!!

Just got word, IL came yesterday. Interview is 1/15 at 10:45 AM!

N-400 mailed: June 29/12
Priority Date: July 2/12
Fingerprints done: July 26/12
In Line for Interview: July 30/12
Yellow Letter Received: October 1/12
Interview Letter Received 12/17/12
Interview: 1/15/13
Oath: ??

Help

My interview was done on December 11, 2012 For n 400, I passed the test but the officer gave me a letter saying that the decision cannot be made now.. Two days later I received request for evidence letter.. They requested my petition for divorce.. My green card is based on marriage that only lasted two years.. The condition was removed after the divorce.. I sent a copy of the petition for divorce on December 21.. I have not received anything since. Has anyone been asked to provide a certified copy of the petition for divorce before? Please help I am confused. How long will they respond after receiving the document.. Should I hire a lawyer? Please advise.

That's a tricky one - I don't know what you should do :(

Interview for me tomorrow - I'll post my experience when I can.

Interview completed on Jan 15, 2013, still waiting for Oath letter since status change on Jan 28 to Oath Ceremony.
My issue is name change was requested as part of N400.
No new update.

Case sent to MSC

I had a name misprint on my new 10yr GC and sent it to the location that issued it in November2012. I called to trace the current status and was told that my case is being handled by NBC. Is this normally the case or should I be worried that I may not get my card back ?
What does NBC do ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview completed on Jan 15, 2013, still waiting for Oath letter since status change on Jan 28 to Oath Ceremony.
My issue is name change was requested as part of N400.
No new update.

I have read somewhere from another person's experience that if you want a faster Judicial Oath Ceremony, you should take matters into your own hands. What this person did was to call up most of the Judges (District Court?), who can perform such matter, & to ask/request if s/he could perform the service for her. That was how she got hers done quicker than waiting for the normal time frame it takes this type of ceremony to be scheduled. Depending on your DO, it could be a very long time (5-13 months).

For information regarding Naturalization Ceremonies or a replacement Name Change Petition, contact the Jury & Naturalization Office at 404-215-1640

Court ceremonies begin at 11:00 a.m. in the
Ceremonial Courtroom of the 23rd floor of the Richard B. Russell Federal Courthouse
75 Spring Street, SW
Atlanta, GA 30303

February 8, 2013
**March 14, 2013 - Ceremony to take place in the Rome Division
April 12, 2013
**May 17, 2013 - Ceremony to take place in the Gainesville Division
June 14, 2013
August 9, 2013

**September 13, 2013 - Ceremony to take place in the Rome Division
September 27, 2013
October 11, 2013

**November 8, 2013 - Ceremony to take place in the Newnan Division