Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Interview on 11/19

Got letter on 10/19 that me and my family members are scheduled for Interview on 11/19. Its good that all of us on same date.

My and my family members status is updated to scheduled for the interview. No idea what is the date yet, but the status update was done on OCT-15.

Our priority date is 05/03, finger printed on 06/20 and placed on que for Interview scheduling on 06/22.

Will update you once get letters.

Waiting for OATH

Guys - There is an update on my case today. They placed me in Oath Q and will send notification when it gets scheduled.

My N400 dates :

Receipt Date : April 25th
FP date : June 11th.
Placed on a Q for Interview to be Scheduled : June 18th
Interview letter received on : September 10th.
Interview completed on : October 16th
Placed on a Q for OATH to be Scheduled :October 22nd
Waiting for OATH letter now .......

Way to go!! Unless you need a judicial oath for a name change, Oath Ceremonies seem to come within a week or two at the latest, at least in my observation, so you're so close, I'm sure you can smell the passport! :)

Waiting for OATH

Thank you Grashoppr !! You are absolutely correct !! I got one more update today. They scheudled OATH ceremony and sent a letter . I will post the date once I receive it.

My N400 dates :

Sent a OATH letter : October 24th
OATH date : ??? (Waiting to receive the letter)

Some get their oath letters before they leave. I'd bet it's within 2 weeks. Good for you!

Nothing new here... still waiting for IL... or an update... or anything. Sunday will be 90 days since I was put in the queue for interview. Guess if there's nothing by then I'll call customer-no-service again. :(

It is finally moving

I just received the email alert today "On November 6, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview."
My priority date is around 6/7 and finger print done around mid of July. I guess the interviev date should be in the first half of Dec. Will see what happens. It seems like they start processing June's case.

That's good news, ymo! I applied at the end of June, so hopefully a month from now I'll have my interview scheduled too. My PD is 7/2.

Got Interview letter over weekend

Grashoppr, you will get yours pretty soon. I got interview letter over weekend and it's scheduled on Dec 11.

YAAY!! My OATH has been completed successfully on 9th November!!

Grashoppr - I am sure you will get yours pretty soon. I think you are close to get Interview notification. Wish you best of luck..

My N400 dates :

Sent a OATH letter : October 24th
OATH date : 9th November

Congrats, N400_Seeker!

Yes, I think my turn will come soon. It's all working out - I have to travel back to Canada this weekend for 10 days - Mother had surgery and she needs my help. I'll bring a copy of my itinerary to the interview to disclose the travel record (I'm still well within the physical presence requirement). Perhaps there will be an IL on its way by the time I return, but my worry about being away conflicting with the interview is no longer a concern (whew). I'll be back 2 weeks from today, so it's all good :)

Interview over

Intreviews were over today. Me and my family members were approved.

Interview experiences for me and spouse were not that pleasent. My officer has wrong file in start and struggled long to get correct one from offices. Also there were some minor issues related to middle name. People of Indian subcontinent use father/husbund name as middle name routinely. Looks like most in atlanta DO is asking them to remove them from middle name or to go for judicial process for name change.

Civic and other tests were very fast and OK. My son has more pleasent experience than both of us.

In the end it is almost over now for good. Just will update when oath is scheduled. Best wishes to all inline for interview.

Got letter on 10/19 that me and my family members are scheduled for Interview on 11/19. Its good that all of us on same date.

, Hi I am new here

..I read some of you brought receipts of traffic tickets with them to the interview
? Did they ask you to do so.Was that necessary
?Nobody asked me to bring the receipts of traffic tickets
?Do I need to bring them with me
Please help I am confused

In Oath Que

All three applicants are in now placed for Oath scheduling line.
Intreviews were over today. Me and my family members were approved.

Interview experiences for me and spouse were not that pleasent. My officer has wrong file in start and struggled long to get correct one from offices. Also there were some minor issues related to middle name. People of Indian subcontinent use father/husbund name as middle name routinely. Looks like most in atlanta DO is asking them to remove them from middle name or to go for judicial process for name change.

Civic and other tests were very fast and OK. My son has more pleasent experience than both of us.

In the end it is almost over now for good. Just will update when oath is scheduled. Best wishes to all inline for interview.

Still nothing to report on my end. I'm at 149 days since I filed. 146 days since my priority date. I've been waiting in line for interview for nearly 4 months now (since 7/30). Hopefully IL comes soon. I got a YL on Oct. 2.

I'm still in Canada but return to GA in 2 days. Was hoping that IL would come while I was gone... no such luck.

Are you checking the status online

Still nothing to report on my end. I'm at 149 days since I filed. 146 days since my priority date. I've been waiting in line for interview for nearly 4 months now (since 7/30). Hopefully IL comes soon. I got a YL on Oct. 2.

I'm still in Canada but return to GA in 2 days. Was hoping that IL would come while I was gone... no

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky you :) When did you file? Is there a military affiliation to your application? Those tend to go faster.

I do check my status online, no changes yet. When it first changed to in line for interview on July 30th it said if I didn't receive an IL within 30 days, to call the 800 number. After 31 days, I called. They told me the DO had 15 days to respond, I never heard anything back but during those 15 days, the blurb on the website changed to, "if no notice after 90 days..."

I called on Oct 29th, 91 days... they told me it had only been 89 days, to call again the next day (!!!!). Called again on Oct. 30th, the agent told me they had responded to my prior phone query on Sept. 4th. I never got the email - and I'd been watching for it, even checking my spam filter. Agent suggested I book an Infopass, as my GC expires on Jan 3rd and so does my driver's license and I can't renew the driver's license if I don't have legal residency status or citizenship. Went for Infopass on Oct. 31st, got my passport stamped for a year extension so I'm good there. I was also waiting for word to travel back to Canada to help a relative who was waiting for surgery - I was worried that either that would conflict with my interview date OR I'd have no green card if my travel carried into January. So my Infopass took care of that. My Mom had her surgery about a week later, and I've been back in Canada for 9 days, headed back to ATL in the morning... so that all worked out with no conflicts.

When I spoke with the agent on the phone on Oct. 30th, the email I never got on Sept. 4th said that I should have an IL within 90 days... that puts us around December 4th or so (give or take a day for Oct being a long month...) I'll check the calendar to see just when 90 days is from Sept. 4th.

On Oct 1 I got a yellow letter dated Sept. 27th, asking me to bring my driver's license or state-issued ID (and nothing else).

At the Infopass the agent there said that at the time (Oct 31st) they were seeing May filers for interview. He said I should have IL within 60 days. Might be less but he didn't like to say anything sooner so people don't get irritated. He said it might come in 20 days... well that has passed, now that it's Nov. 26th with no update so far.

I suppose there's a chance that the website hasn't updated but an IL has been sent - I've heard of that happening... I'll be home tomorrow afternoon so I'll go through the snail mail, but my better half at home knows I'm waiting for this so if it had come, I'm sure I'd have been told about it.

There are plenty of others in Atlanta that filed just before or just after, who are also still waiting, so I would say your speedy process was good fortune for you, but doesn't seem to be the rule.

At this point, I've got my paperwork in order to be able to renew my DL and travel if need be til Oct. 30, 2013 so other than just wanting to get it done and over with, there's no longer a huge urgency. Initially I'd hoped to get through the process in time to register to vote, but that ship sailed months ago. It just is what it is.

Today is 150 days since I mailed my application. June 29th. Priority Date is July 2nd, so next week will be 5 months in the process.

Lucky you :) When did you file? Is there a military affiliation to your application? Those tend to go faster.

I do check my status online, no changes yet. When it first changed to in line for interview on July 30th it said if I didn't receive an IL within 30 days, to call the 800 number. After 31 days, I called. They told me the DO had 15 days to respond, I never heard anything back but during those 15 days, the blurb on the website changed to, "if no notice after 90 days..."

I called on Oct 29th, 91 days... they told me it had only been 89 days, to call again the next day (!!!!). Called again on Oct. 30th, the agent told me they had responded to my prior phone query on Sept. 4th. I never got the email - and I'd been watching for it, even checking my spam filter. Agent suggested I book an Infopass, as my GC expires on Jan 3rd and so does my driver's license and I can't renew the driver's license if I don't have legal residency status or citizenship. Went for Infopass on Oct. 31st, got my passport stamped for a year extension so I'm good there. I was also waiting for word to travel back to Canada to help a relative who was waiting for surgery - I was worried that either that would conflict with my interview date OR I'd have no green card if my travel carried into January. So my Infopass took care of that. My Mom had her surgery about a week later, and I've been back in Canada for 9 days, headed back to ATL in the morning... so that all worked out with no conflicts.

When I spoke with the agent on the phone on Oct. 30th, the email I never got on Sept. 4th said that I should have an IL within 90 days... that puts us around December 4th or so (give or take a day for Oct being a long month...) I'll check the calendar to see just when 90 days is from Sept. 4th.

On Oct 1 I got a yellow letter dated Sept. 27th, asking me to bring my driver's license or state-issued ID (and nothing else).

At the Infopass the agent there said that at the time (Oct 31st) they were seeing May filers for interview. He said I should have IL within 60 days. Might be less but he didn't like to say anything sooner so people don't get irritated. He said it might come in 20 days... well that has passed, now that it's Nov. 26th with no update so far.

I suppose there's a chance that the website hasn't updated but an IL has been sent - I've heard of that happening... I'll be home tomorrow afternoon so I'll go through the snail mail, but my better half at home knows I'm waiting for this so if it had come, I'm sure I'd have been told about it.

There are plenty of others in Atlanta that filed just before or just after, who are also still waiting, so I would say your speedy process was good fortune for you, but doesn't seem to be the rule.

At this point, I've got my paperwork in order to be able to renew my DL and travel if need be til Oct. 30, 2013 so other than just wanting to get it done and over with, there's no longer a huge urgency. Initially I'd hoped to get through the process in time to register to vote, but that ship sailed months ago. It just is what it is.

Today is 150 days since I mailed my application. June 29th. Priority Date is July 2nd, so next week will be 5 months in the

Interesting. I'm applying based on 5+ years too. Nearly 10, actually, with GC, been here 12 1/2. Hoping there's something soon. Nothing yet, I was away for 10 days hoped letter would come while I was gone, but no such luck.