Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Hi All,
Does anybody know how to contact Atlanta DO office so I can talk to a live person instead of automated message. Last week, i got a missed call from Atlanta DO but they didn't leave any message. I had the interview and was approved earlier in the week. I am tense now on why they called me after the interview.

In the scenario like this, USCIS is suppose to send you a mailing letter. However contacting on the phone or is in person is not bad idea.

No movement yet-

looks like stuck again, i hope this is not due to this because of processing of appln for new illegal to legal law, otherwise we may wait for years.

Quote=pmpforgc;2586483]i dont know but looks like atlanta interview scheduling is again on hold. Since last two weeks there is no movement in scheduling.

I am waiting since june 20 fp completion and there does not seems any hope for the movement. On trackitt i looked for the trend and there is no recent movement for shcheduling of interview.

Any one has any clue? What may be next step if there is no movement except calling tall free number on receipt.
[/quote]

Congratulations, GAgirl! When did you apply?

I was out of town for a few days on business... was hoping for a letter when I got home but no such luck :(

Maybe tomorrow...

Congratulations, GAgirl! When did you apply?

I was out of town for a few days on business... was hoping for a letter when I got home but no such luck :(

Maybe tomorrow...

Hey Grasshoppr, my priority date was March 30th, did fingerprints May 22nd, Interview ,Sept. 18th and oath Set. 21st. I got my oath letter same day. I was so nervous about the interview, but there was no need, everybody was very nice. By the way, we all get so worried/anxious with that 5 mth timeline, but when you go on the website there is a line or two saying that immediate family is processed within 6 months. I am impatient too and understand, but if you have kids, husband or other family members that are US Citizen, it might take up to 6 months... I hope you will get your letter soon!

I'm the only one applying in my family - kids are grown (they are GC holders - they can decide what they want to do on their own). I'm 3 months behind you in filing. I had hoped to vote but that ship sailed weeks ago.

My biggest concern is that my GC expires on 1/3/2013 and along with it, my driver's license. I applied with a smidge over 6 months left on the GC (6/29 I mailed it, priority date 7/3 - exactly 6 months left on the GC). So I shouldn't have to renew the GC as per USCIS website, but the state won't renew my driver's license since technically I won't be here legally if I don't get processed before 1/3. So if 5 months comes and goes, I'll be booking an infopass because I'll only have one more month to get sorted or I'll have bigger issues :-/ Hopefully it won't come to that...

No letter or update today, but there's always tomorrow :)

I'm the only one applying in my family - kids are grown (they are GC holders - they can decide what they want to do on their own). I'm 3 months behind you in filing. I had hoped to vote but that ship sailed weeks ago.

My biggest concern is that my GC expires on 1/3/2013 and along with it, my driver's license. I applied with a smidge over 6 months left on the GC (6/29 I mailed it, priority date 7/3 - exactly 6 months left on the GC). So I shouldn't have to renew the GC as per USCIS website, but the state won't renew my driver's license since technically I won't be here legally if I don't get processed before 1/3. So if 5 months comes and goes, I'll be booking an infopass because I'll only have one more month to get sorted or I'll have bigger issues :-/ Hopefully it won't come to that...

No letter or update today, but there's always tomorrow :)

I'm sure it'll all work out, I know it's easy for me to say, now that I'm done, but now I feel like "it wasn't that bad" and def all worth it. You'll probably get your letter soon. Once your done with the oath, there are ppl that have the form you need to register to vote. I know what you mean, I'm really excited to be able to vote! I really hope you'll get your letter soon, hang in there :)

Well I won't be eligible to vote this year - the deadline to register is Oct. 9th. That just isn't going to happen at this point.

I just want to be done by the end of the year so I'm not without a driver's license. *That* would be a major problem for me.

Yesterday myself and my wife oath was completed. I had my interview on 18 Sept @ 2:30 but I didn't received the oath letter since it was too late. My wife got a call from Atlanta USCIS this Monday and was called for the oath ceremony on Wednesday. My wife requested them to have oath with me. USCIA call us again on Wednesday morning and scheduled oath for both of us on Thursday @ 1:30 PM. I never received the oath letter in mail.
We went to oath on Thursday around 12:00. They give and told us to fill the form N445 about all the trips, citation, arrests and other details since we had interview. By the time oath is complete it is almost 4:30 Pm. I am glad it is over now.

Good luck to everyone who are on this journey.

Thanks for that! So you were over the 5-month mark then. Waited close to 3 months for IL?

I guess I might have another month to wait ...

I am waiting over 3 months for IL any one waiting so long here

My priority date is 05/03, finger printed on 06/20 and placed on que for Interview scheduling on 06/22.

Over three monthe has passes since than and none of my family member or me has any indication or update for the interview letter.

Our case is simple I dont have any outside visit in five years .

Any one who is waiting so long for the interview here.

Dont know what is going on in Atlanta? what are the options if things stay same.

On 10/3 you'll be over the 5 month mark - you could schedule an infopass. Or you can call the 800 number on the website (when you check your status online)... it seems unusually long to wait, although Atlanta is like that.

I'm in the queue since 7/30 (PD 7/3 so I'm 2 months behind you). I got a yellow letter yesterday asking me to bring driver's license to the interview but that's all I've had since July 30th.

Seems to go in bunches in ATL - a bunch, then nothing for a while, then a bunch more......

If I were you I'd call or book the infopass since you've gone beyond normal processing time.

On 10/3 you'll be over the 5 month mark - you could schedule an infopass. Or you can call the 800 number on the website (when you check your status online)... it seems unusually long to wait, although Atlanta is like that.

I'm in the queue since 7/30 (PD 7/3 so I'm 2 months behind you). I got a yellow letter yesterday asking me to bring driver's license to the interview but that's all I've had since July 30th.

Seems to go in bunches in ATL - a bunch, then nothing for a while, then a bunch more......

If I were you I'd call or book the infopass since you've gone beyond normal processing time.

Your case is similar to mine. I had to wait a long time for IL in Chicago DO (2 weeks from today). Do you live outside of ATL? For some DO (i.e. Chicago) they seem to wait for enough applicants from areas away from the big city (Atlanta, Chicago, etc) to interview in groups. My PD is 4/12 and my interview is this month. Hope this helps and good luck.

I'm in a suburb of Atlanta, not that far away (probably an hour or so drive to the DO - maybe a bit longer - that's nothing here).

It shouldn't affect anything.

Somebody just placed their case on Trackitt - they applied in May, had an infopass yesterday and was told that ATL is processing cases from early March. That's odd because I've seen people who filed later than that, update their cases, and some are done and sworn in.

Someone who applied a week before me in June has their interview 2 days from now. There are a few holes in the tracker (people who haven't updated or responded to comments on their case), but it seems like they're scheduling April and May applicants about now, although nobody has posted receiving an IL since about the middle of September.

Citizenship Interview was over

Guys : I passed my citizenship interview in Atlanta yesterday (Oct 16th) . It was very smooth and with in 15 minutes it was over.

My N400 dates :

Receipt Date : April 25th
FP date : June 11th.
Placed on a Q for Interview to be Scheduled : June 18th
Interview letter received on : September 10th.
Interview completed on : October 16th
Waiting for OATH letter now .......

Last edited by a moderator:
Status updated online

My and my family members status is updated to scheduled for the interview. No idea what is the date yet, but the status update was done on OCT-15.

Our priority date is 05/03, finger printed on 06/20 and placed on que for Interview scheduling on 06/22.

Will update you once get letters.

Glad to see things are moving for some - you both have been waiting longer than I have. I'm 2 months behind pmpforgc. Wonder if I'll be waiting 2 more months for IL? :-/

There are a couple on Trackitt who applied much later and are already scheduled for interview. One applied 9/22 and got their IL on Monday! Must be nice ;)

Good luck to you - please do keep us updated.