Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Redgo,

have you received your oath letter? When is your oath day? Thanks

My status is changed to placed in Q for Oath.

Does anybody have idea how long it might take to send the actual Oath letter with date ?. Or are they changing it back like the way how they did "Placed in Q for Interview" and it took atleast 1 1/2 month to schedule the Interview ?.

Any thoughts and experiences with this kind of stuff ?.

Thanks
Redgo

GC-KA-GHULAM and patrg,

Saw that your interviews are next week. How are you preparing for it in the last days? Just curious :eek:
I started to get nervous although mine is not coming yet.

I am inline for interview for more than 2 months. My FB done on May 24 and status changed to inline for interview on May 29. No update since than.

That's got to be frustrating. Before the beginning of June people seemed to be going through the process fairly consistently. On the trackitt.com site, nobody seems to have an interview since 6/5 and they had their oath 3 days later. There are 2 people on there who have interviews coming up - one this coming week, and another on 8/21. Unless people aren't updating their trackers, everybody else seems to be stuck in limbo. The person whose interview is on 8/21 originally had an interview scheduled in May but USCIS de-scheduled them and they've been waiting ever since.

Hoping that once they start moving again, they move us along quickly :) I have a feeling though, that I'm going to be stuck in the queue for a while :-/

Grashoppr

ericshi,

When you had your interview, did the officer ask for the original citation? Shall the court disposition suffice? I got the court disposition but could not find the original citation issued to me by the police. Am a little worried...

Thanks![/QUOT
I brought the court disposition, but the IO did not ask about it, she only want me to show that the tickets have been paid. I got a printout from the recorder's court to show that the fine amount, ticket number and when I paid it, and it wasnt certified.

Iinterview Today ..

Inteview was scheduled at 12:15 , reached there at 11:30 .They asked us to register not before 11:45 .Had to wait about 1 hour before my interview .. Interview was short and sweet :) quick questions from the application , asked about my traffic tickets , took the payment receipts .. was out in 8 minutes ..Waited outside for 10 more minutes and got the oath Letter for the 17th .. Feels like a life time from the first time i applied for my H1-B visa 13 years ago ..

Cheers ,

Inteview was scheduled at 12:15 , reached there at 11:30 .They asked us to register not before 11:45 .Had to wait about 1 hour before my interview .. Interview was short and sweet :) quick questions from the application , asked about my traffic tickets , took the payment receipts .. was out in 8 minutes ..Waited outside for 10 more minutes and got the oath Letter for the 17th .. Feels like a life time from the first time i applied for my H1-B visa 13 years ago ..

Cheers ,

Congratulations!!!! Just 10 days til your oath! Seems they do oaths on Fridays - at least that's the observation I've made.

Still in the queue here - hasn't been too long yet but I'm eager to get it done!

Grashoppr

ericshi,

Thank you for answering all my previous questions.

One of my friends would like to know: what is the direction to the Atlanta passport agency (230 peachtree street)? He will probably take Marta to get there. Once he gets off at the Peachtree Center Station, where should he be going? It appears that this agency requires proof of travel within 2 weeks. Would an itinery from travel agency suffice?

Thanks again!

ericshi,

Thank you for answering all my previous questions.

One of my friends would like to know: what is the direction to the Atlanta passport agency (230 peachtree street)? He will probably take Marta to get there. Once he gets off at the Peachtree Center Station, where should he be going? It appears that this agency requires proof of travel within 2 weeks. Would an itinery from travel agency suffice?

Thanks again!

It is in the downtown atlanta, I am not too familiar with the downtown area, I had to use the GPS to guide me there..
I had the itinery and the business travel letter from my employer, I think itinerary should be sufficient, and the staff there are nice, they will do everything possible to meet your needs.
But remember, you had to make an appointment with them before going to the agency

tickets

Call or go to the court where you paid your tickets and ask for a disposition .. Just provide your License # and they should pull up the tickets you had in that court and should be able to give you a certified letter .It costs $5 /letter .

You need to get from each court you had tickets .

I have 2 traffic tickets from 2007. How do I get payment receipts for those tickets?

FP done on 8/06/2012

Actually some of the folks whose interview was don earlier than 2 PM were asked to attend oath the same day at 2 PM .I guess it all depends on your case and if they have spots available on that day .

Congratulations!!!! Just 10 days til your oath! Seems they do oaths on Fridays - at least that's the observation I've made.

Still in the queue here - hasn't been too long yet but I'm eager to get it done!

Grashoppr

New update as of this morning - online status changed to In Line for Interview Scheduling!
07/13/12: FP notice mailed (Per website - Day 14)
07/16/12: FP notice recvd (Day 17 - Scheduled for 8/8)
07/26/12: FP done - Early walk-in. (Day 27)
07/30/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview" (Day 31)

Did you do your FP walk-in in Atlanta? I thought walk-in FPs were not possible at the Atlanta (Collier Rd) office.
Please confirm.

Call or go to the court where you paid your tickets and ask for a disposition .. Just provide your License # and they should pull up the tickets you had in that court and should be able to give you a certified letter .It costs $5 /letter .
You need to get from each court you had tickets .

Good information. So I just called both the county offices and got the case number.
Now I need to send letters with $5 and $11 money orders to get the certified disposition letters.
Thanks

Did you do your FP walk-in in Atlanta? I thought walk-in FPs were not possible at the Atlanta (Collier Rd) office.
Please confirm.

I did do walk-in fingerprints on Collier road. My appointment was supposed to be today at 2:00 PM (2 hours ago). On Thursday, the 26th of July, I was in that part of town (I live in a suburb, about 35 miles or so from that support center). I was in midtown on other business, but I brought my appointment letter and GC, in case I had an opportunity to stop in and try.

Fortunately the day I was there, about 10:30 AM, there were only a handful of people there, and workers standing around. I simply asked the guard if it was possible to do it then and there, and he told me it was my lucky day because they weren't busy. I was in and out of there in about 15 or 20 minutes. Everyone I encountered was very nice and I expressed my appreciation for them taking me in.

I had read conflicting information about whether walk-ins were permitted. Worst that could have happened for me that day would have been for them to tell me to come back on my assigned date and time.

So I wouldn't make a special trip to go early if I were you, but if you're in the area, it's certainly worth a try.

Grashoppr

Actually some of the folks whose interview was don earlier than 2 PM were asked to attend oath the same day at 2 PM .I guess it all depends on your case and if they have spots available on that day .

That's interesting. I'd read that there weren't any more same-day oaths in Atlanta. Not a huge deal for me, but for some who drive a long way, that would be helpful I'm sure.

Glad to see there's some movement now in Atlanta, seems like things were at a very slow crawl for a while.

Grashoppr

I finished by FP on Monday 8/6, how do you think my status will change to next step.

Probably within the next few days, your status will change to "in line for interview/testing" and you'll stick there for a while. My status changed within 2 business days. FP done on a Thursday, status changed on Monday. That was July 30th. 10 days later, it's the same, and based on others' experience, I could be stuck in that status for a couple of months or more. Once the interview is actually scheduled, status should update again and I should receive the Interview Letter in the mail a few days after that.

There are people here in Atlanta that have been stuck in the "in line for interview" phase since late April and beyond, so I don't expect it to happen any time soon.

Grashoppr

I did my interview today. Got oath letter today after interview and it was scheduled for next Friday (Aug 17th)..

Same is the case with my wife as well..

I did my interview today. Got oath letter today after interview and it was scheduled for next Friday (Aug 17th)..

Same is the case with my wife as well..

Congratulations! When did you file? Posting your timeline might give the rest of us some hope! :)