Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Passed Interview..............Waiting for Oath Letter for 2PM same day ... to receive from Immigration Officer ..... writing this by being inside the building .... will wirte whole story later

Okie ... Dokie...

Passed interview........it was fairly easy.......super fast interview .... came out within 20 min. First went through security cheak. Went on 2nd floor, where lady saw my interview letter and asked me to go on 3rd floor. Today my luck was so so so good that I saved myself for the same day oath by couple of minutes.....after 1 pm every interviewer was going to assigned a date for oath on 23rd april. I was lucky enough to pass everything before 1 pm. Not only that, but my interview officer has also told me in the very begining that 'please bare with me here, but if you cooperate with me than I can get you in the oath ceremony today, otherwise you will have to wait for next oath which will be on 23rd. He asked me are you nervous? I said NO, with loud and smile on face. He said did you come alone, no one is there to take your pictures, I said GOD is watching and with me. He replied very good answer. I started answering question very fast but very clearly, he laughed and told me that don't worry you will get oath on same day. You are confident and I don't see any problems with your english skills. He asked me several questions from N-400 such as where do you live, where do you work, when did you visit last time out side usa? what is your occupation ? Finally he asked me questions from civics and english test, peace of cake, if you have prepared well enough.

I came out and waited for half an hour for oath letter. Got oath letter and went in for oath ceremony at 2:30 pm. Saw some video and listen to some music played by them. Affirm the oath. Came out and collected the NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE. Cheaked it for any errors. No errors.......meaning happily ending journey..................

Good luck to you all...........don't be afraid..........or nervous......that's all. Good luck once again.

K

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for taking the time to come back and post. Did he ask for any documents other that standard greencard, photos, etc?

Go and celebrate now!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to come back and post. Did he ask for any documents other that standard greencard, photos, etc?

Go and celebrate now!!!!!

Green card, passport, driving lincense and copy of marriage certi. Hey thanks already enjoyed my day and happy now..........

One more fact that I have found out by asking to an immigration officer:

If you want to do a name change based on marriage. Than you can only do last name changed based on your marriage and can also get SAME DAY OATH. But if you also want to change middle name and adopt your husband's first name as middle name, than it won't be possible without the presence of judge.

So either you have to wait for the ceremony in court or judge to be there during oath ceremony. Which will take 3-4 months.

My time line so far.......... Anybody else in the same boat? I haven't received any yellow letter and there has been no LUD change. My wife's application was filed at the same time and we went for finger printing the same day as well. Nothing on her case as well.

Just passed my interview, the officer recommended me for approval and I got a letter to come back at 2:00pm. for oath I will post more details tonight.

Thanks everybody

Congrats

Congrats Kerberos...Enjoy !! Can you please post the details about your interview..mainly on any questions around AC21.

Thanks for your help

Here is my interview experience:
Appointment was at 7:15 so I got there at 6:45, waitied for them to open the builing and went through security, dropped appointment letter and waited for my turn. A supervisor came out around 7:20 to tell everybody in the waiting room that they had a computer glitch and they were delayed a few minutes. A female officer called my name later. Went it took the oath and gave her my id, greencard and passport. We went to the entire application with no issues. My greencard was based on AC21, no questions about this. Just are you still working for company x (my current company). After that she informed me that we were going to start the civics test, shea sked me 6 quetions, I answered them correctly she told me that I passed the test and that we were moving to the reading/writing portion of the test. I read a sentence and wrote a sentence. The officer typed a few things in the computer and told me that she was recommending me for approval, she also asked me if I wanted to do a same day oath. I said yes and waited outsidetfor 40 minutes or so for the oath letter. After that one officer came out and started calling names and delivering our oath letters. I came back at 2pm the whole ceremony took around 1 hour and got my citizenship certificate

Congrats to Kruz_Patz and kerberos72.
Thanks for sharing the your experience (not only during interview & oath phase but also all preceding phases)

Congrats Kerberos72

Enjoy your citizenship and get ready for vote later in the year!

Need some advise. It has been almost six weeks since my wife and I had our fingerprinting done but haven't received anything in mail and LUD hasn't changed either. Should I call the local office? Should I ask for a specific person(office) or just speak with the person who answers the phone? Anybody know what is a good contact number?

Thanks

done

interview/oath completed today for self/spouse, st. forward.

nothing new from what has been said.

Officer had a doubt as to why my birth name was not there on birth certificate, which is normal
for people from India, I showed a certified copy which I took from my city's collector office when applied for my 485, that helped.

kruz_patz, kereberos72 congrats.

Kruz, the video link is good, it's close to as it can get in real time.

Applied US passport just now, as I have travel plans coming up.

Good luck to all future filers.

GC 4 Life

i would wait till this weekend and get infopass on Monday.

usually, either tuesday or sat mornings around 4-4.15AM est, LUDs happen

Congratulations to the K class for their graduation (Kosmo, Krutz, Kerberos)

I applied today after going to 4 different post offices. Some said you needed an appointment although the website said diferent. Some said the clerk that does the passport was not in . Long story I applied expedited for a coming trip. Will keep posting on the Life after citizenship thread

Best luck to everybody