Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Is there a place where I can find information as to what all documents are needed at the interview (some are granted like green card, passport etc.)?

Thanks

Any body know the contact phone number to the Atlanta office? I want to first try and talk to an office on the phone and if that doesn't work then get an infopass and see them in person.

Thanks

It is done and over with !!! US citizen as of April 12th 4:00 PM. Interview went smoothly. Was asked 6 questions from the guide. Since I had declared my traffic ticket(speeding) and sent copies of receipt and disposition, was asked for certified copy of disposition (I knew I was going to be asked for that cause I got the yellow letter asking for arrest record), and the usual stuff passport, GC, DL. IO searched for birth certificate , but found it in my green card file and put a green sticky note on the file that she has looked at birth certificate. If bc does not have your name on it(some Indian bc's don't), it is good to have an affidavit.

Questions asked : total of 6

1. Where is statue of liberty
2. What did MLK do?
3. 2 US national holidays
4. Who is the governor of GA
5. first president
6. Don't remember this one.

I was asked to read and write "Who lives in the white house"

and write "The President lives in the White House"

My appt was at 8:15AM. There were a lot of people. I was called in close to 9AM. After passing the test, the IO told me to wait for the oath letter on the 2nd floor. It took 3hrs to get the oath letter. The oath was scheduled at 2, but it was delayed till 2:45 PM, as some people had not shown up yet for the oath ceremony after lunch.

Good luck to everyone!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't posted here since my wife failed her civics test in February. However, I am glad to report that she passed it the second time and as of today(April 13th) she is now a U.S. Citizen.

CM23

Received an email from USCIS this morning stating that my (and wife's) case was transferred to local office and an interview will be scheduled.

Received SMS for my wife's application this morning, RFE mailed. I have seen other people getting RFEs too, what kind of RFEs are sent for N400?

Thanks

Thanks coolcatz2375 - Received FP notice for my wife, scheduled for 5/20. Finally I received my NOA. I cannot find online status though, it says "application not found at this time...".

Thanks coolcatz2375 - Received FP notice for my wife, scheduled for 5/20. Finally I received my NOA. I cannot find online status though, it says "application not found at this time...".

I don't trust the online status info. They don't keep it updated like they should. My status still says "that I will be interviewed on April12th. Go figure!!

Has any of you who received the SMS/Email notification from the Texas lockbox received a NBC number? what about the actual receipt (NOA)?

I can't get it to register in the USCIS online status and I don't get why it's an NBC number.

My Wife's app
05/17/2010 : N-400 Sent
05/19/2010 : N-400 Rec.
05/25/2010 : Checks Cashed
05/29/2010: NOA received

Last edited by a moderator:
Help?

Hey guys, I filed my app on Mar 2 and did my fingerprint on Apr 15, but 1.5 months has already passed, I still have not heard anything from USCIS, what should I do? Online status check still shows the message about fingerprint appointment... it's really getting desperate...

Same situation here. FP done on 4th may. It has been a Month. The status still says the message about FP, Frustrating in deed. Calling the customer service is of no use. They say wait till 60 days are over after FP.

Give it at least 2 months after FP to inquire about interview if you don't receive it by then. Until then, be patient.

I understand. But If I wait for 2 months after FP, it will be 3 months after filing N400; Is it not the requirement that with in 3 months of filing N400, the decision of the citizenship should be made?

I understand. But If I wait for 2 months after FP, it will be 3 months after filing N400; Is it not the requirement that with in 3 months of filing N400, the decision of the citizenship should be made?

USCIS claims their current target for N-400 processing is 7 months, not 3.