Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

ID(Self/Spouse): 4/8/10

Any good sites to prep for the interview?

What additional docs to carry apart from standard docs like GC etc?

Happy weekend folks

mailed app to TX((self/spouse): 12/17/09
PD: 12/23/09
Self Spouse Recieved Yellow Letter for DL: 2/2/10
FP Done(self/spouse): 2/8/10
Case sent to local office email Notification(self/spouse): 2/27/10
ID(Self/Spouse): 4/8/10

Dude the interview is a piece of cake...trust me... I feel that the people that either have something to hide or are nervous for no reason are the ones that will be scrutinized more... if you have nothing to hide dont worry its easy... make sure u know the 100 questions is all the advise you really need... besides going over ur N-400 form..cause they will ask u the same questions from the form...

Interview scheduled on 4/12.

They have asked me to bring certified docs of arrest record. I have never been arrested nor seen inside of a courtroom except on TV. I did declare my citation for a traffic ticket (the only one ever so far) and included copy of my fine payment receipt and certified copy of disposition of traffic ticket. Do they not read before they send these letters in the mail???

If you read postings here you will find that certified depositions are typically asked for and handed over to IO during the interview. The N400 form/instructions did not ask you to enclose the dispositions. Right? You sent these on your own. Remember the Officer who will conduct interview will have to go through the file and decide if your documents are sufficient. Not the guys who receive the applications. I think what they mean arrest record is citation disposition records which you already seem to have.

All the best

Traffic Tickets

I know a lot has been posted about the traffic tickets. I still need some guidance and value your opinion. I had a ticket 9 years ago and only thing I have is the copy of the ticket, I don't have the payment receipt since it was in another state and I paid with credit card. I changed credit cards since then too, so I don't have the statement. My wife though got a ticket about an year ago. Should we declare the traffic tickets on the application or not?

Thanks

Most here in this forum as well as other forums recommend that you indicate the tickets in N400 and provide the disposition at the interview. The rationale behind this argument is that the word "Citation" indicated in the N400 form and traffic tickers are in fact citations. Also it is the safest way, because, as you know, your citizenship can be withdrawn later on the ground that you lied on the application. (Very rare on traffic tickets, but technically possible). I am one of those who think that we should mention the tickets as this give the piece of mind that we are truthful in the application. You should be able to get copy of dispositions at most counties here. In fact I got a copy of a one that happened 10 years back at Fulton county. I also got a copy from Gwinnett county for a ticket that I got 5 years back. So you have to spend some time, visit court house, research and get it. You will also find some people saying to ignore traffic tickets since they are not arrest warrants. They quote this as this has worked for them since they were not asked by the IO during the interview and they did not talked about it or mentioned in the form.

So this is your decision. You decide If you are you willing to risk or you want to put some extra efforts and get the disposition copy and be 100% safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, it is better to diclose everything than not to disclose at all. Some IO I have seen on this thread specifically ask "Did you have any traffic tickets" and if you say "Yes", some say "Why haven't you written it on the application". A traffic ticket is a citation. It is better to declare it in the N-400 form, get receipt and have a certified copy of the disposition. It all depends on what kind of IO interviews you and what mood he is in on the interview day. This is just my opinion

Thanks for your reply, in fact in the meantime I looked at the guidelines to fill the N-400. It clearly says that if the traffic violation is "NOT" drug or alcohol related and the penalty/fine is less than $500 then we don't need that on the application. I am going to follow that instruction, even though I will take the proof of payment with me and show IO the instructions if asked.

Thanks for your reply, in fact in the meantime I looked at the guidelines to fill the N-400. It clearly says that if the traffic violation is "NOT" drug or alcohol related and the penalty/fine is less than $500 then we don't need that on the application. I am going to follow that instruction, even though I will take the proof of payment with me and show IO the instructions if asked.

No, it says you do not have to "submit documentation" about such cases.

Traffic Tickets

I know a lot has been posted about the traffic tickets. I still need some guidance and value your opinion. I had a ticket 9 years ago and only thing I have is the copy of the ticket, I don't have the payment receipt since it was in another state and I paid with credit card. I changed credit cards since then too, so I don't have the statement. My wife though got a ticket about an year ago. Should we declare the traffic tickets on the application or not?

Thanks

I would not even mention the NINE year old ticket..who cares..the statues of limitation is 7 years isnt it? so dont worry about that..but your wifes ticket...you need to declare that one. just show them your receipt of the fine you paid...they will take the receipt as evidence.

I posted the forms on 3/26 via USPS priority mail and used the Lewisville address on USCIS website, the delivery confirmation said the mail has been forwarded to a different address, seems like they changed the address but it is not updated on the website.

Did you send it to the lock box or the street address?

I posted the forms on 3/26 via USPS priority mail and used the Lewisville address on USCIS website, the delivery confirmation said the mail has been forwarded to a different address, seems like they changed the address but it is not updated on the website.

Good Luck

Good Luck to everyone having interview next week. My application status finally showed "delivered" on 30th to Dallas, TX.

ALRIGHT FOLKS.......Ready for interview tomorrow.............Saw the video on USCIS it's very helpful.......Will share my experience ASAP....Wish me luck......:cool:;)

Good luck man, if you dont mind come and post your results, I know you will probably be to excited to remember, but we are right behind you.