Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Case sent to local office email Notification(self/spouse)
Atlanta DO
-------------------

mailed app to TX((self/spouse): 12/17/09
PD: 12/23/09
Self Spouse Recieved Yellow Letter for DL: 2/2/10
FP Done(self/spouse): 2/8/10
Case sent to local office email Notification(self/spouse): 2/27/10

Let's see what interview dates we are getting

Received email and text message too for interview . :)

Exactly one month after FP,

so any guesses how long it would take the interview letter to arrive?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well tomorrow's my day

Ok will tomorrow's my interview. I am ready... i didnt disclose my tickets. I do have proof for one of them so i'll be honest with the IO before the oath and everything. I really dont have anything to hide..
So i'll let you guys know. wish me luck :)

ok will tomorrow's my interview. I am ready... I didnt disclose my tickets. I do have proof for one of them so i'll be honest with the io before the oath and everything. I really dont have anything to hide..
So i'll let you guys know. Wish me luck :)

go get it..........good luck

Got Interview Letter, It's on 6th April at 12:45 PM

I just recieved my letter for my interview in Atlanta,, it is April 6th at 8:45 in the morning, assuming I pass the test, is the oath the same day or do they schedule it at a later date?

I just recieved my letter for my interview in Atlanta,, it is April 6th at 8:45 in the morning, assuming I pass the test, is the oath the same day or do they schedule it at a later date?

My time is 12:45 PM , I doubt it that I will get the same day oath............although you will.

14 dec 2009: n- 400 send to texas
19 dec 2009: received
23 dec 2009: receipt notice date as well as check cashed
26 jan 2010: appointment FP
XXXXXXXXXX yellow letter received..bring drivers license to interview
02 mar 2010:interview letter received appointment on april 6th 2010

Got it.

Alrighty folks i am a new us citizen..after 20 years of being in US i finally got it.

My interview was really short. like only for 10min was the whole interview... my original time for the interview was 12:45. I went in by 12:00 and was called in by 12:15 by IO A Green. She was great. asked me the normal N-400 stuff. i basically sat there saying Yes Ma'am for most of the noterview...i asked her if i should close the door thinking it was the norm..but she just keep it open. as i saw most other IO's closed the door. Mrs. Green's office was the first door on the right on the right side from the main double door (middle) entrance.

she did check my passport on where and when i left the US. I went to Canada 8 times in the 5 years. so all except one trip were a road trip which does not get stamped at port of entry. So She asked me when was the last time went to Canada.

I also declared that i had a ticket so she asked if i paid it and i had a receipt showing payment she took that. Took my selective service letter top portion. looked at my DL, and of course took my Green Card. Verified the N-400 with me. Checked my address and phone number... asked almost everything on the N-400 to make sure...ooh asked the last four of my social security number...

Asked me to read and then write a simple answer. which i did...

6 civic questions were as usual very easy...

How long is the House Rep Term? 2
Name the Cheif justice? John Roberts
Who is the father of the Nation? George Washington
How many House of Reps? 435
What month do you Vote? Nov
forget the last...

Finally she asked if would like to take the Oath today...ofcourse i said...she had me sign on my pictures...and verify names and stuff on another sign another sheet.

NOW I waited for the approval and getting the oath letter. Waited a looooong time for the 2pm time for Oath. Finally taking the oath . But overall it was quiet uneventful...except that i am a new citizen....

Moral of the story... dont worry about your citizenship. It should be a piece of cake.

My time is 12:45 PM , I doubt it that I will get the same day oath............although you will.

I had the 12:45 time..and i did my oath at 2:00pm the same day. BTW i went in early around 12:00 and they called me for the interview by 12:15pm and i was out by 12:25

So you should be able to get the oath ceremony at 2:00pm..

BTW i noticed people that came in even at around 1:15pm were able to make it to the oath ceremony.

I had the 12:45 time..and i did my oath at 2:00pm the same day. BTW i went in early around 12:00 and they called me for the interview by 12:15pm and i was out by 12:25

So you should be able to get the oath ceremony at 2:00pm..

BTW i noticed people that came in even at around 1:15pm were able to make it to the oath ceremony.

congrats bnvb, thanks for sharing.

Spouse and me didnt receive IL yet, so waiting continues

update

ID(Self/Spouse): 4/8/10

Any good sites to prep for the interview?

What additional docs to carry apart from standard docs like GC etc?

Happy weekend folks

mailed app to TX((self/spouse): 12/17/09
PD: 12/23/09
Self Spouse Recieved Yellow Letter for DL: 2/2/10
FP Done(self/spouse): 2/8/10
Case sent to local office email Notification(self/spouse): 2/27/10
ID(Self/Spouse): 4/8/10