Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Friends,

Just now I talked to IO. They sent out my IL y'day. Thanx..

N400 sent...........09/07/07 (Charlotte, NC )
FP done..............02/22/08
MOved to Atlanta..06/21/08
Address updated on USCIS system....06/24/08
IL sent out ...........08/12/08
waiting on interview in Atlanta, GA

Congratulations! Did they tell you what date your interview is?

Bob,

That is the first question I asked.
She said, " IL sent out y'day , u gonna receive it very shortly, so u r able to
see that date urself".

I gonna check on that tomorrow again ( other IO may happy to provide date over phone :) ) Let us see..thanx..

I have been asked to bring an original IRS 1722 letter, listing tax information for the past five years. However, when I called IRS, the customer service agent told me that IRS is not issuing 1722 letters anymore and that they have discontinued issuing them since about one year ago. She told me that IRS can send my tax return transcripts for the past 5 five years and that I can use them instead of the 1722 letter.

Has anyone come across or heard of a similar situation before? Is this true? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I have been asked to bring an original IRS 1722 letter, listing tax information for the past five years. However, when I called IRS, the customer service agent told me that IRS is not issuing 1722 letters anymore and that they have discontinued issuing them since about one year ago. She told me that IRS can send my tax return transcripts for the past 5 five years and that I can use them instead of the 1722 letter.

Has anyone come across or heard of a similar situation before? Is this true? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

OK then, if that's the case then take something in writing from IRS that you can't take 1722 letter and take whatever you could get from IRS on the day of your interview. Good luck.

Hi all, just got my receipt notice - saying 430 days - hopefully it will go faster than that...

My dates so far….
N-400 Sent 08/01/08
Check Cashed 08/03/08 2 days
NOA Received 08/14/08 11 days

Oci

ravi,
Congrats on your OCI.I still havn't got any acknowledgment from the Houston consulate.Mine is almost 2 months now.I was wondering whether i will get a acknowledgment by mail or is this something that i have to look up on the internet??.

ravi,
Congrats on your OCI.I still havn't got any acknowledgment from the Houston consulate.Mine is almost 2 months now.I was wondering whether i will get a acknowledgment by mail or is this something that i have to look up on the internet??.

It takes about 2 months for CGI/Houston to acknowledge the application, and then the process takes on some speed. I would expect your acknowledgement to show up on the CGI/Houston OCI status page on the internet in a week or so.

Take this discussion to the OCI page on this forum - http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=243.

Good luck.

Journey is almost over now....

Hello All,

I completed my interview yesterday @ Atlanta DO. Scheduled time was 1.05 PM but didn't get call till 2.00 PM. :mad:
IO was nice person. He pull up all documents I submitted with application and was just checking everything in order and whatever was missing he asked me copy of that.
He also asked me what's proof you're still married to USC and i told my wife is sitting in waiting area and he told me he needs to meet her after interview, I said That's fine. then he continue with application and ask me all Yes/NO question from last pages. Then it's Test time. Ask me 7 questions and ask to read one.
Then he congratulate me that I'm approved.
As my interview was after 2.00 PM, there were no chance for same day Oath. Ask me if 21st or 25th will work for me.
I picked 21st Aug at 2.00 PM. and he didn't even ask to meet my wife after interview.

Document asked during interview:

1) my birth certificate
2) Tax returns for 2005,06,07
3) My daughter's Birth Certificate
4) My I-20 because I came to usa on F1(Student Visa)
5) GC and Passport
6) My Marriage Certificate

Thanks all for help during this process.

Check my time line below.

The Journey is over

Hello guys,

I went to the interview today and passed. I have oath ceremony at 2.00 PM today. My appointment time was 8.45 AM today and I went to USCIS at 8.15 AM. The IO called me for interview at 8.30 AM and the interview was over by 8.45 AM. During the interview she went through my application and asked few questions from the application. When I submitted my application I forgot about a traffic ticket back in September 2001 and I mentioned about that. I also traveled to India after submitting the application and mentioned the dates and no.of days outside U.S. She updated this information in my application. She didn't ask any documentation except my green card, driver's license (for ID proof) and passport. Since I didn't mention the traffic ticket I took a MVR report and showed her (she didn't ask for that) and she took that document. After going through my application, she asked the following civics questions from the book.
1. What is 4th of July?
2. What is the constitution?
3. Who is the vice president?
4. Why do we have 100 senators?
5. Can the constitution can be changed?
6. What is the national anthem of the U.S?

After answering all questions, she took my signatures (in cursive letters) and gave me N-652 (Naturalization Interview Results) form and she checked "You passed the tests of English and U.S history and government". She also checked "A) Congratulations! your application has been recommended for approval". After giving the form, she asked me wait in the waiting area for my name to call again. After about 30 minutes, the supervisor called my name (along with other applicants who passed the interview) and handed the N-445 (Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony) form. The supervisor told everybody we should be here before 2.00 PM for the oath ceremony. I took the oath letter and came to work (my work place is close to USCIS office).

Update...

I went back around 1.30 PM for the oath ceremony and it was pretty straightforward and there are a lot of people in the lobby. There are about 111 new citizens from 44 different countries. I received the Naturalization certificate after the oath ceremony. I already applied for passport and it might take 4 weeks (I selected normal processing).

That's all guys...

I wish all the best to the applicants in line... and thank you so much for all the members replied to my questions. Those were very helpful.

Thanks

Here is my time line:
05/16/2008 : Application received by USCIS
06/06/2008: FP Appointment (but I missed the appointment as I was in India)
06/25/2008: FP Done (Walk-in)
07/03/2008: Approval Notice Date
07/11/2008: Interview letter received
08/21/2008: Interview date at 8:45 AM
08/21/2008: Passed the interview at 8.45 AM and Oath at 2.00 PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vellababu,

Congrats !!
I Am also waiting on IL in Atlanta. So,still we have same day OATHS in Atlanta. That is good know..

IL received for charlotte, NC for OCt 15..
Waiting on file trnasfer from Charlotte to Atlanta

Vellababu,

Congrats !!
I Am also waiting on IL in Atlanta. So,still we have same day OATHS in Atlanta. That is good know..

IL received for charlotte, NC for OCt 15..
Waiting on file trnasfer from Charlotte to Atlanta

Thank you and hope you get the interview done soon...

HEy all, update on my dates - things seem to be running smoothly....

N-400 Sent 08/01/08
Check Cashed 08/03/08 2 days
NOA Received 08/14/08 11 days
FP Letter 08/18/08 4 days
FP Appointment 08/27/08 9 days

Waiting for Oath Ceremony

I am waiting for Oath Ceremony in Atlanta. How can I find out the status of my case?

Here is my timeline
N 400 Applied Feb 08
FP 20th Mar 08
Interview 8th May 08 (passed)
Waiting for Oath Ceremony letter :confused:

ATLANTA INTERVIEW : Cannot make a decision

TSC
May 27 08 : N400 mailed to TSC
June 03 08: N400 TSC Priority Date
June 11 08: FP Notice received Date
June 26,08: FP Appointment
July 03 08 : Interview notice Date
Aug 26 98 : Interview appointment

Passsed the Civic/History Test , signed paers / photos.
Decision cannot me made --Missing a File???

Need input, is this a common issue
Thanks in advance.
Cannot retrieve ths case on line.

I am waiting for Oath Ceremony in Atlanta. How can I find out the status of my case?

Here is my timeline
N 400 Applied Feb 08
FP 20th Mar 08
Interview 8th May 08 (passed)
Waiting for Oath Ceremony letter :confused:

If you are in Atlanta schedule an Infopass or at the minimum call the USCIS 1800 line and try to get transferred to an IO. Atlanta, being so efficient and quick ,I find it strange you did not get your oath yet, especially considering you passed your interview. Was there anything they said to you after your interview? Maybe you slipped through the cracks somehow, so definitely get in touch with USCIS asap.

My friend is getting ready to apply for naturalization recently. He is in a peculiar situation. I am posting this on his behalf. He had one trip out of US during the past five years, that lasted 11 months and he is concerned about the impact of that trip on his case.

His last marriage ended up in a divorce and he had to be in India for those 11 months for the divorce proceedings. He has the documents from the Indian courts to prove this.

He was continoulsy employed (by the same US employer with whom he was employed before leaving for India) for the 11 months he was in India. He has the paystubs from my employer to prove this.

He filed his taxes as usual and has the tax return transcripts from IRS to prove this.

He had applied for reentry permit before leaving to India. He has the application as well as the reentry permit with him.

However, he did not own/rent a home in the U.S. while he was in India. And hence he does not have any rental/mortgage payment receipts. He had left all his belongings, inncluding his car, at his friend's house. He had maintained auto insurance while he was in India. He has the papers from the insurance company to prove this.

Given this 11 month trip background and the documentation that he has have, he is concerned about problems he might run into and what chances he has of his case getting approved.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of similar cases. If so, can you please share your knowlegde.

Thanks!

At the risk of contradicting JoJo, I answered "yes" in the good moral character section regarding a reckless driving charge from Virginia in 2001 (doing 83 in a 65). Not alcohol or drug related, and only $100 fine, but it DID result in a misdemeanor on my record. Grumble grumble grumble.

After I did the fingerprinting, I received a form letter identifying "additional documents to bring to the interview" (there's no document number, so I can't provide it readily). Specifically, it asked for an original or certified copy of my birth certificate, copy of my driver's license, and an original or certified copy of the arrest record and court disposition for the driving offense. NOTE: the documents do not have to be submitted in advance of the interview.

Strictly speaking (according to "the guide") you don't have to provide documentation for driving offenses that are not alcohol or drug related and result in a fine less than $500. However, based on my experience, it seems that this might not be the case, although it could be the misdemeanor thing that triggered the response. I actually went to an online company (Intelius) and did a criminal background check on myself to see what showed up - for the $50 or so, it's well worth it, and you'll be prepared when it comes to the interview. If something shows up, then I would go ahead and get certified documents from the courthouse - it only takes a few days, and you've got yourself covered just in case.

Hope that helps. BTW: there was a statement on the follow-up letter that mentioned an Affidavit alternative for the birth certificate, so I'd probably take that along.

2008-06-23 : N-400 sent to TSC
2008-06-24 : N-400 received by TSC
2008-06-27 : Check cashed
2008-07-07 : NOA received ("notified within 450 days")
2008-06-24 : Priority Date
2008-07-11 : FP letter
2008-07-17 : FP Appointment
??? : Interview Letter
??? : Interview Date
??? : Oath

Had my FP done on 8/21 and also received a yellow letter with the same documents required. Was wondering if you received your IL letter yet?

manny1971,

As long as your friend meets the continous residence requirement, I don't see an issue at all. He/she should be fine. Hope he filled out form AR-11 and put down his friend's address while your friend was back in India.