Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Hi Friend, in one of your posts you wrote:
As I know, that 90 days @ local DO is only after sent out N400 or to send N400.
My present status passed that req. thanx..

Can you please clarify what you meant?

Atlanta Timeline: June 2008

Hey folks,
I've been trolling for a while, and wanted to give a current timeline for the TSC/ATL DO... Things certainly seem to be humming along (famous last words :))

2008-06-23 : N-400 sent to TSC
2008-06-24 : N-400 received by TSC
2008-06-27 : Check cashed
2008-07-07 : NOA received ("notified within 450 days")
2008-06-24 : Priority Date
2008-07-11 : FP letter
2008-07-17 : FP Appointment
??? : Interview Letter
??? : Interview Date
??? : Oath

Interview letter received today in the mail.

Nice to hear that. I hope you had a good time in India.:)

Bobsmyth,

I can't believe I received the interview letter today. I just gave my fingerprints 15 days ago. And I received the interview letter
today and the interview date is 08/21/2008 at 8.45 AM. In the interview letter it says "Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview". Is this the final interview? because I am little confused about the word "Initial Interview" in the document. Please help me on this.

Here is my timeline so far.
05/16/2008 : Application received by USCIS
06/06/2008: FP Appointment (but I missed the appointment as I was in India)
06/25/2008: FP Done (Walk-in)
07/03/2008: Approval Notice Date
07/11/2008: Interview letter received
08/21/2008: Interview date at 8:45 AM

Last edited by a moderator:
Bobsmyth,

I can't believe I received the interview letter today. I just gave my fingerprints 15 days ago. And I received the interview letter
today and the interview date is 08/21/2008 at 8.45 AM. In the interview letter it says "Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview". Is this the final interview? because I am little confused about the word "Initial Interview" in the document. Please help me on this.

Initial interview is the one you do alone with immigration officer in a room, whereas final interview is the one at oath.

Initial interview is the one you do alone with immigration officer in a room, whereas final interview is the one at oath.

Thanks Bobsmyth for clarifying. My appointment time is 8.45 AM, so do I get both interview and oath on the same day? I received a quick civic lessons book during fingerprints and there are about 96 questions. Do I have read anything else other than these 96 questions? Please let me know.

Thanks

vellabadu,

you are in good shape. Yes study the questions as those are the ones that will be asked. Prepare your documents you want to bring to the interview. Your interview letter should state which ones to bring. 8: 45 in the morning is a great time. Atlanta does same day interviews and oaths. So if you pass your interview you should have your oath on the same day at 13:00 or 14:00. Congrats on a speedy process.

vellabadu,

you are in good shape. Yes study the questions as those are the ones that will be asked. Prepare your documents you want to bring to the interview. Your interview letter should state which ones to bring. 8: 45 in the morning is a great time. Atlanta does same day interviews and oaths. So if you pass your interview you should have your oath on the same day at 13:00 or 14:00. Congrats on a speedy process.

Thanks Jojo72, your comments are helpful.
06/25/2008: FP Done (Walk-in)
07/03/2008: Approval Notice Date
07/11/2008: Interview letter received
08/21/2008: Interview date at 8:45 AM

Yeah I also got my Interview letter and now have to study questions for Interview but My interview is at 1.05 PM ? Do you guys think I will be able to make same day oath ?

Tracking

How do you all track the activities on the case?
Is there a number you call?How did you know it was "touched"?

I have not received any case number yet.

I sent my application and was received as per USPS on 7/7/08. How do I track?

Thanks

Yeah I also got my Interview letter and now have to study questions for Interview but My interview is at 1.05 PM ? Do you guys think I will be able to make same day oath ?

Hard to say. My interview was at 12:05 and I made it to the 14:00 one. I even had time to go get a quick bite to eat before returning to the ceremony. 13:05 might be pushing it, depending on how smooth your case goes and if there are any delays that particular day. But rest assured that even if you don't make it to the same day oath you should have your oath within a week or two,if you pass your interview of course. Atlanta is really doing a great job trying to get everybody processed as fast as they can.

How do you all track the activities on the case?
Is there a number you call?How did you know it was "touched"?

I have not received any case number yet.

I sent my application and was received as per USPS on 7/7/08. How do I track?

Thanks

There is no tracking. Once you get your Notice of Action in the mail with your case number you can call the USCIS 1800 line and ask about the status of your case. But don't just bug them for no good reason. Your check should be cashed any day now. After that expect to receive your NOA in the mail and 4-6 weeks after that your fingerprinting notice. Most people don't have any delays until after they get fingerprinted. So for now check your mailbox and be as patient as you can be. A few weeks after your fingerprints are done I would call USCIS to see where you are at with your case. Until then hang tight, unless your NOA or Fingerprint Notice take unreasonable time or you encounter any other issues e.g missing documents and such.

There is no tracking. Once you get your Notice of Action in the mail with your case number you can call the USCIS 1800 line and ask about the status of your case.

You can also sign up online at the USCIS website and retrieve status online after you get the first NOA - but it doesn't contain any more information than you get in the NOA letters. (front page, hit "Case Status Online", create an account and add the case number from the NOA)

Iru_gnevm: look at my timeline a couple of posts back - the first NOA came about 2 weeks after I submitted the application (and they cashed the check the same week I submitted) My guess would be that you'll have the NOA by the end of this week or early next.

Is there any difference in processing time by Service Centers or District Office when I apply for Naturalization:

1) 90 days in advance of my 3-years Residence requirement (married to a US citizen)
2) or the day after I meet my 3-years Residence requirement

I need help with the info in order to schedule my personal trip to properly adjusted to the processing time frame.

Please advise. Thanks.

Is there any difference in processing time by Service Centers or District Office when I apply for Naturalization:

1) 90 days in advance of my 3-years Residence requirement (married to a US citizen)
2) or the day after I meet my 3-years Residence requirement

I need help with the info in order to schedule my personal trip to properly adjusted to the processing time frame.

Please advise. Thanks.

If you file 90 days before the 3 year anniversary you have a 90 day processing lead time as compared to filing on the date of your anniversary. Needless to say, if you file earlier your application will be processed sooner (not faster).

2150 Parklake Dr, Atlanta Phone number

Hi everyone,

I tried the phone number for Atlanta 2150 Parklake Dr (770-508-1600) to check on the status of my N-4000. I have filed since 2004, attended my interview and I am still waiting to be sworn in. I went for an appointment sometime last month and I was told that my finger print had expired. I had new sets of finger prints taken and traveled back to Atlanta only for them to tell me that they have not yet received the new sets of finger prints. Each time that I call the above phone number I get an automated message asking me to enter the extension number that I wish to reach. Does any one know an extension number that I could enter so that I can get through? All your help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance folks.

Any recent interviews or OATH at ATLANTA DO?
Based on this month USCIS update also, processing times did not move at all
from last month. Any comments? what is going on?
Thanx..

USCIS benefits center

Has anyone received any NOA or documents/progress for those applications filed after July 1? TSC sent mine to MO - benefits center. I think all applications are now centralized.

Trying to gauge how long this will take now that it is all at a single center.

Thanks

Questions before the interview.

vellabadu,

I have interview appointment on August 21st at 8.45 AM. I have few questions before I attend the interview.

1. Do I need to take any other documents (other than the ones mentioned in the interview letter)?
2. Do I need to take my birth certificate? (I don't have my birth certificate, during the GC processing I submitted Affidavit or Support document instead of birth certificate).
3. When I sent my N-400 I anwered wrong to a qeustion. The Question is about the citations and I picked no. But I got a ticket back in 2000 Septemeber. It never came up during my insurance renewal or in my driving history. This happened in South Carolina when I was travelling from Raleigh to Atlanta. During that time I had Texas Drivers' license. Do I need to mention this to the IO.
4. I went to India on May 7th and my friend sent my N-400 application on May 12th to TSC. Obviosly I didn't mention about this trip in my N-400. Do I need to mention this to IO during the interview.

Please help me with the answers. I really appreciate it.

Thanks