Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

How long does it takes these days to get interview scheduled in Atlanta?

I just called 1-800 and IO told me that I cleared FBI on June 11 (after 15 months in name check) and since June 13 queued for an interview. What interview dates people are getting for Atlanta?

My namecheck was cleared on May 20 and I've had a second FP on June 19.
PD: 01/19/2007

Have not received IL, so can't answer your question.

You are in a tricky situation with FP, since FP expire after 15 months. So, depending on when exactly you had your FP, you might need to redo them.
If your FP are about to expire then it might add several weeks for you to get an IL.

EDIT: I looked it up in this thread - so your FP will expire on July 13. I don't know what it would mean for you if your interview is after July 13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends,

ANybody know the phone number of PARKLAKE Drive?
I just tried to get Infopass there online, no luck upto July 7th..
Thanx..

MOCKBA , What's your PD and FP, you didn't do second FP did u?
My PD is March 16, 2007 and FP was done on April 13th, 2007... So do I get it right that despite name check that is completed they will send me to do FP again if they would not schedule me before July 13th, 2008? I don't see the point frankly but what do I know...

Friends,

ANybody know the phone number of PARKLAKE Drive?
I just tried to get Infopass there online, no luck upto July 7th..
Thanx..

Rodolfo Lara
Acting Director
Street Address: 2150 Parklake Dr., Atlanta, GA 30345
Tel: 770-508-1600
Fax: 770-508-1896
7:30am to 4:00pm (Mon. - Fri.)

Don't worry, either way you can do your FP: whether you call USCIS to reschedule or do a walk in and show up a few days after your original FP date. If you expect to be in India for more than 3-4 weeks after initial FP date then it's suggested that you call USCIS to reschedule the FP. In any case, you should call USCIS and let them know you received IL before FP so that they don't consider your application abandoned.

Bobsmyth,

First of all thank you so much for your valuable advise. I was really confident after seeing your response. I came back from India on Monday (06/23/2008) and did a walk in yesterday (Wednesday 06/25/2008). They didn't ask any question and took my fingerprints. My original fingerprinting appointment was 06/06/2008. Interestingly the lady next to me in line also missed her appointment (the original appointment date was 05/20/2008) and they took her fingerprints also without asking any question. Hopefully from here everything should be fine for me.

Thanks

Bobsmyth,

First of all thank you so much for your valuable advise. I was really confident after seeing your response. I came back from India on Monday (06/23/2008) and did a walk in yesterday (Wednesday 06/25/2008). They didn't ask any question and took my fingerprints. My original fingerprinting appointment was 06/06/2008. Interestingly the lady next to me in line also missed her appointment (the original appointment date was 05/20/2008) and they took her fingerprints also without asking any question. Hopefully from here everything should be fine for me.

Thanks

Nice to hear that. I hope you had a good time in India.:)

Whats the best way to send the application?

This sounds like a trivial question - but wanted to make sure I did it right.

Whats the best way to send the application to TSC/Atl for N400 - Naturalization? Please advice -

- FedEx/(Courier) with signature confirmation?
- USPS with signature confirmation?
- USPS - no signature confirmation? (priority?)
- USPS regular?

Thanks.

This sounds like a trivial question - but wanted to make sure I did it right.

Whats the best way to send the application to TSC/Atl for N400 - Naturalization? Please advice -

- FedEx/(Courier) with signature confirmation?
- USPS with signature confirmation?
- USPS - no signature confirmation? (priority?)
- USPS regular?

Thanks.

Anything that with a reception receipt gives you piece of mind that the application has been submitted. I wouldn't pay extra for courier service or signed confirmation unless you have money to spend.

Friends,

Just now I called 1800 number and she said my application put in que
on June 30 th for interview.
Based on Atlanta's history, approximately when can I expect interview?
Thanx..

Considering you just moved from Charlotte within the last 2 weeks did you confirm with IO you were in queue for interview in Atlanta and not Charlotte?

waiting for pickup

The certified mail has reached Texas, but is waiting for someone to come and collect.
Must be the long weekend that it will finally move next week.
Questions:
1.When does someone from USCIS TSC come and collect the mail? Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday?

2.Will they sign for the certified mail?

Or
3.will I have to resend a new application?

Thanks

The certified mail has reached Texas, but is waiting for someone to come and collect.
Must be the long weekend that it will finally move next week.
Questions:
1.When does someone from USCIS TSC come and collect the mail? Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday?

2.Will they sign for the certified mail?

Or
3.will I have to resend a new application?

Thanks

Don't be too impatient please. You are not the only applicant USCIS has to worry about. Give it another couple of days & your mail will be delivered and be picked up by USCIS staff. Keep tracking your envelope time to time. I remember my mail was also sitting at the post office and was waiting to be picked up. It was picked up in 48 hrs. Since it's a holiday wknd, give it another 2 more days, but please for God's sake do not panic. Your application will not get lost and will get in the right hands.
Enjoy your long wknd.

Early walk in for FP

Received FP notice for my wife's I-765 (EAD card) application. The FP is scheduled for July 17th. I happened to be in town today for the long wknd and luckily found this FP notice in the mail. We will be leaving out of town on Mon morning & don't plan to be back until the last week of July. Can we try to get her FP done on Saturday July 5th (12 days before actual apptt date)? Will they entertain us? Any thoughts, please share.
Thanks

Thank you Atlanta Brother

Have had another friend whose citizenship application papers were lost when they went to FBI name check. Therefore the panic. Will keep tracking the mail.
Thank you for the advice:)

Hi Friend, How did you change your address from Charlotte to Atlanta? Did you take infopass or called the 800 number? I have to change my address too and your input would be helpful. Thanks.