Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I have interview appointment on August 21st at 8.45 AM. I have few questions before I attend the interview.

1. Do I need to take any other documents (other than the ones mentioned in the interview letter)?
2. Do I need to take my birth certificate? (I don't have my birth certificate, during the GC processing I submitted Affidavit or Support document instead of birth certificate).
3. When I sent my N-400 I anwered wrong to a qeustion. The Question is about the citations and I picked no. But I got a ticket back in 2000 Septemeber. It never came up during my insurance renewal or in my driving history. This happened in South Carolina when I was travelling from Raleigh to Atlanta. During that time I had Texas Drivers' license. Do I need to mention this to the IO.
4. I went to India on May 7th and my friend sent my N-400 application on May 12th to TSC. Obviosly I didn't mention about this trip in my N-400. Do I need to mention this to IO during the interview.

Please help me with the answers. I really appreciate it.

Thanks

1.) Bring all the documents listed on your interview letter. Bring the letter, your current passport and your Greencard. Each case is different so I cannot tell you what specific documents they need, but if they needed something specific other then what they listed in the interview letter they would have mentioned it or contacted you
2.) your current valid passport should be sufficient
3.) I probably would not worry about that one, feel free to tell them, because I honestly do not think they will care. Take a print out of your current DMV record that shows you got no outstanding tickets.
4.) I probably would mention the trip, just because it is something they can easily track through your swiped Greencard upon entering the US and lying about time spent abroad is not a good idea. Just be honest

Last edited by a moderator:
(snip)

2. Do I need to take my birth certificate? (I don't have my birth certificate, during the GC processing I submitted Affidavit or Support document instead of birth certificate).
3. When I sent my N-400 I anwered wrong to a qeustion. The Question is about the citations and I picked no. But I got a ticket back in 2000 Septemeber. It never came up during my insurance renewal or in my driving history. This happened in South Carolina when I was travelling from Raleigh to Atlanta. During that time I had Texas Drivers' license. Do I need to mention this to the IO.
(snip)

At the risk of contradicting JoJo, I answered "yes" in the good moral character section regarding a reckless driving charge from Virginia in 2001 (doing 83 in a 65). Not alcohol or drug related, and only $100 fine, but it DID result in a misdemeanor on my record. Grumble grumble grumble.

After I did the fingerprinting, I received a form letter identifying "additional documents to bring to the interview" (there's no document number, so I can't provide it readily). Specifically, it asked for an original or certified copy of my birth certificate, copy of my driver's license, and an original or certified copy of the arrest record and court disposition for the driving offense. NOTE: the documents do not have to be submitted in advance of the interview.

Strictly speaking (according to "the guide") you don't have to provide documentation for driving offenses that are not alcohol or drug related and result in a fine less than $500. However, based on my experience, it seems that this might not be the case, although it could be the misdemeanor thing that triggered the response. I actually went to an online company (Intelius) and did a criminal background check on myself to see what showed up - for the $50 or so, it's well worth it, and you'll be prepared when it comes to the interview. If something shows up, then I would go ahead and get certified documents from the courthouse - it only takes a few days, and you've got yourself covered just in case.

Hope that helps. BTW: there was a statement on the follow-up letter that mentioned an Affidavit alternative for the birth certificate, so I'd probably take that along.

2008-06-23 : N-400 sent to TSC
2008-06-24 : N-400 received by TSC
2008-06-27 : Check cashed
2008-07-07 : NOA received ("notified within 450 days")
2008-06-24 : Priority Date
2008-07-11 : FP letter
2008-07-17 : FP Appointment
??? : Interview Letter
??? : Interview Date
??? : Oath

Interesting. Was that letter yellow in color and did it also contain the interview date? I got a similar letter, but not an interview date.

Interesting. Was that letter yellow in color and did it also contain the interview date? I got a similar letter, but not an interview date.

Yup, it was yellow, and no, there was no interview date (I read it several times, just to be sure!)

of course I can only speak from my own experience, I am by no means an expert in the field of N-400 applications or immigration. Every case is different and every applicant individually bears the responsibility to comply with the application process, provide all necessary documentation and of course not be dishonest. We can all learn in here from each others advise and I have to say I personally benefited immensely from the experience of others and the shared wisdom of regular contributors.

Thanxs for everyone on the forum.The information that was posted by everyone helped me a lot.Especially people like ravi.Here is My Time Line......

Friends,

USCIS put my file in Q for interview on JUNE 30th for Atlanta, still I am waiting. IS this normal? thanx..

That is the update I am getting everyday from USCIS respresntative thru that
1800 number. It is just matter of getting interview slot @atlanta-DO.

My timeline
-----------
N400 sent....09/07/2007...charlotte-nc
FP done.......02/22/2008--charlotte-nc
Moving 2 Atlanta...06/21/2008
USCIS system updated with new Atlanta address...06/25/2008
File put in Q by TSC for interview @ Atlanta-DO.....06/30/2008
Waiting for IL...

Friends,

This morning I went to Atlanta-DO for INFOPASS.
She went thru my information on SYSTEM and get back with one print out.
"u r case is in ATL bucket but file is still @ Service center".
She show me that words & I also noticed that in diff fields.
She gave me one form and asked to fill out. It is kind of simple enquiry with
service center about case.
And she also mentioned, "nothing wrong with appl & I gonna send follow up email to Service center about this" & we gonna provide u update thru mail".

Anybody has this experience? any thoughts? thanx..

Thanxs for everyone on the forum.The information that was posted by everyone helped me a lot.Especially people like ravi.Here is My Time Line......

Congratulations, kumar1980!!

Houston OCI takes about 2 months to acknowledge, and about 3-4 months for the whole process. So, just sit back and relax now.

I am in the last stage of the OCI process. Hopefully, I can celebrate Aug 15 with my OCI on hand!!

Friends,

This morning I went to Atlanta-DO for INFOPASS.
She went thru my information on SYSTEM and get back with one print out.
"u r case is in ATL bucket but file is still @ Service center".
She show me that words & I also noticed that in diff fields.
She gave me one form and asked to fill out. It is kind of simple enquiry with
service center about case.
And she also mentioned, "nothing wrong with appl & I gonna send follow up email to Service center about this" & we gonna provide u update thru mail".

Anybody has this experience? any thoughts? thanx..

Hi Friend,
basically this means that all seems okay with your file and that your file should be transferred within a reasonable time frame from the Service Center to the Atlanta District office. You give no time line, so I can't even begin to guess how long that would be and neither would it be accurate as all cases are guestimates anyways. But if she gave you no reason for concern then I would just kick back and wait 4-8 weeks and hopefully within that time frame you should get your interview letter from Atlanta.

JOJO,

Thanx for that info. Ya..that is correct & following is my timeine...

My timeline
-----------
Waiting for IL...

JOJO,

Thanx for that info. Ya..that is correct & following is my timeine...

My timeline
-----------
Waiting for IL...

Yeah, just hang tight. If they gave you the impression that everything is looking good, I would not worry about it. Atlanta is fairly speedy compared to some other DOs, so it would not be surprising if you got your IL within the next two months. Just keeping checking that mailbox :)

Traffic citation disclosure

Hi Guys,
I live in Atlanta and I am ready to send my completed n-400 out to TX, but have a question. I was checking this website to make sure I have all bases covered, and I notice that there has been some discussion about what to reveal about traffic citations. I have received three tickets -- one for speeding in Atlanta in 1998 (went to court and paid the fine), one for parking in a handicapped spot in 2001, also in Atlanta (mailed the payment) and one parking ticket in California in 1998 (paid by phone using credit card).
I am willing to indicate all these on the N-400 form, but I am not sure how to get the required paperwork in case there are questions about these issues later. Where can I get proof that these issues were resolved? Is there a specific name for the documents I need?

Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks,
BV

If you insist on getting documentation for them try calling the courthouses in the districts you paid the tickets for.

Hi All,

I have been watching this board - thanks to all with the valuable information that everyone has provided. I am now starting the N-400 process. I am starting this process after July - so may have been sent to centralized office. I will post the dates as they occur.

My dates so far....
N-400 Sent 08/01/08
Check Cashed 08/03/08 2 days

Friends,

Just now I talked to IO. They sent out my IL y'day. Thanx..

N400 sent...........09/07/07 (Charlotte, NC )
FP done..............02/22/08
MOved to Atlanta..06/21/08
Address updated on USCIS system....06/24/08
IL sent out ...........08/12/08
waiting on interview in Atlanta, GA

Hi Guys,
I live in Atlanta and I am ready to send my completed n-400 out to TX, but have a question. I was checking this website to make sure I have all bases covered, and I notice that there has been some discussion about what to reveal about traffic citations. I have received three tickets -- one for speeding in Atlanta in 1998 (went to court and paid the fine), one for parking in a handicapped spot in 2001, also in Atlanta (mailed the payment) and one parking ticket in California in 1998 (paid by phone using credit card).
I am willing to indicate all these on the N-400 form, but I am not sure how to get the required paperwork in case there are questions about these issues later. Where can I get proof that these issues were resolved? Is there a specific name for the documents I need?

Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks,
BV

Traffic Voilations from last 5 years is the only thing that you need to put in the application. I had mine from 8 years ago and the officier said that is not necessary.