Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Some CSRs have begun to ask specific questions about when you filed and are referring to either the posted processing times for your DO or the generic 13-15 month processing timeframe. Keep calling back and request to be transfered to an IO. Eventually you'll get a CSR who will transfer you to an IO.

yea i said over one year and she started asking me what month? i said i dont remember then she said that: i need exact date in order for you to tell and also she mention that currently 2007 June proccessing is going on

Gentlemen and ladies!! Please discuss these 'tricks' offline, probably in private messages. If USCIS gets smart to these tricks, they will close this loophole!!

:)

I always wonder why some don't share their complete history on this forum. Just saying " I passed oath all went fine" is of zero value to others.

The interview time was 8:30 AM and was called in at about 8:55 AM. I was out in the waiting room after 10 minutes. After about 15 minutes I was given a paper that asked to comeback for Oath at 2 PM. Oath ceremony was over by 2:50 PM.

Sorry I am not a big narrator like others. If anyone has any questions please let me know.

I don't believe you

The interview time was 8:30 AM and was called in at about 8:55 AM. I was out in the waiting room after 10 minutes. After about 15 minutes I was given a paper that asked to comeback for Oath at 2 PM. Oath ceremony was over by 2:50 PM.

Sorry I am not a big narrator like others. If anyone has any questions please let me know.

During this whole time, you didn't sneeze, cough or got up to get something to drink or went to the rest room. I don't believe that. We need details man. Just kidding ok, nothing against Bobsmyth. Don't mean to offend him. I like Bobsmyth as he has contributed a lot to this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing and yes CONGRATS:D again!!! My interview is soon, also in ATL. I can hardly wait :D

Gentlemen and ladies!! Please discuss these 'tricks' offline, probably in private messages. If USCIS gets smart to these tricks, they will close this loophole!!

:)

Either that or they will hopefully improve their service. I don't believe in keeping things I learn during the process private so that others can't benefit from them also at the same time. If there is a loophole in the system, so be it and let them fix it instead of providing the service to only a select few.

congrats rkm007

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Are there any unfortunate folks from atlanta still waiting for IL like me ?
it will make me feel better. j/k.
I think next 2,3 weeks atleast 10 atlanta residents from this forum are having interview. post your interview experience. it will help us.

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. I am very thankful to this forum. I think thats why it felt like everything went as expected - because others had explained what happens and what is expected.

One more thing -my file looked like it was one inch thick. Looks like they have handy every paper that was exchanged between me (or my lawyers) and them starting with my first work permit from 1992.

congrats rkm007

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Are there any unfortunate folks from atlanta still waiting for IL like me ?
it will make me feel better. j/k.
I think next 2,3 weeks atleast 10 atlanta residents from this forum are having interview. post your interview experience. it will help us.

Still waiting man !!! God knows how long this wait.

It hasn't been that long

atlanta2008,

Looking at your timeline, I don't see a reason why you are getting so impatient. It has not even been a year & sounds like you are already getting frustrated. Your FP were recently done back in Feb, just 2 months back. Realistically, you should give 6 months from the time you got your FP so sit tight till Aug. Again, it has not been that long at all. Relax man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Going by processing dates and your PD , it is understandable that you are worried. Fingerprints have no bearing on namecheck as far as I understand. I read that some people like RKM007 in atlanta do who applied at the same time as you have already gotten their IL/oath.

atlanta2008,

Looking at your timeline, I don't see a reason why you are getting so impatient. It has not even been a year & sounds like you are already getting frustrated. Your FP were recently done back in Feb, just 2 months back. Realistically, you should give 6 months from the time you got your FP so sit tight till Aug. Again, it has not been that long at all. Relax man.

Thanks Bro. We the end of July applicants got so badly stuck in all this frontlog mess. Its been over 8 months now since applying, which in the past was enough time to complete the whole process and get your passport.Here we are still waiting for the IL. When i talk to people who applied and got their natz a year or more ago, i feel irked when they ridicule my timeline.

But i guess the best thing to do at this time is to take it easy and go on with life. It will come when it has to come. In the meantime take time to go smell the flowers.

GO BRAVES !!!! GO HAWKS !!!! (falcons & thrashers suck by the way).

I like your attitude

Thanks Bro. We the end of July applicants got so badly stuck in all this frontlog mess. Its been over 8 months now since applying, which in the past was enough time to complete the whole process and get your passport.Here we are still waiting for the IL. When i talk to people who applied and got their natz a year or more ago, i feel irked when they ridicule my timeline.

But i guess the best thing to do at this time is to take it easy and go on with life. It will come when it has to come. In the meantime take time to go smell the flowers.

GO BRAVES !!!! GO HAWKS !!!! (falcons & thrashers suck by the way).

Hey atlanta2008,

I hope you didn't take my earlier msg in a wrong way. I was not trying to discourage you but was trying to prepare you for the worse case. This whole USCIS dept is screwed up & very disorganized. I am sure ppl who got their citizenship on time must be very happy & pleased with USCIS and on the other hand ppl like me who were called for the interview not once, not twice but thrice and the third interview happened because I had to file law suit agianst them after waiting for 19 months. Went thru 2 FP appointments coz the first one expired after 15 months. I was very mad because my friends in Atlanta, Chicago & California got their citizenship in 6-9 months.
One thing I have noticed that if you stop thinking about this and don't let it bother you, it will just happen and one day you will see your IL in the mail.
Again I wish u all the best and pray that you get your IL soon.

My journey is complete!!!!!

:D We are done!!!!! :D First of all Thanks to this forum and everyone who has contributed in one or other way it has been a big morale support during this process.

We had our interview at 10:05 AM at Park-lake office. We reached around 9:35, went through the security, went upstairs gave our appointment letter to the person at the window and waited in sitting area. At the waiting area information says keep cell phone off and we both decided to leave it in vibrate mode. After 15 minutes my wife and several other people were sent to 3rd floor (basically total crowd were split in 2nd and 3rd floor) as interviews are conducted at both floor. We had kept our document separately which helped us. I was called for interview at around 10:50 and done in 10 minutes. The process is same as described in many post in this forum including six questions from the 96 question pool. Since my birth certificate didn't have my middle name although all other documents including green card, SSN, Driver license and my N-400 have it officer asked me they can't use my middle name otherwise it will be name change I agreed for not using middle name. I was told to wait in lobby. Here is interesting incident I came out and and heard someone calling my wife's name I asked office are you calling for my wife she said yes, I said she was sent to 3rd floor I called her on cell phone and she came down to take interview. I guess it saved unnecessary delay for her or may be who knows .....She had same experience and we both were given the letter for 2 PM Oath. Overall a very pleasant experience.

I guess there was no oath today before 2 PM as I met few people who had 9:15 appointment and had 2 PM oath. Whole oath process and reaching home made us late for applying passport so we will be applying tomorrow morning.

I carried some additional document like our old passport it has my travel record after GC (since we got new passport in last 2 year), 3 years tax return, birth and wedding certificate. None of it was required or used. I took photocopy of the certification of naturalization and got it notarized at UPS store as I will have to send original with passport application.

In my opinion if someone has 12 PM appointment and they would like to confirm they get oath same day they should reach to office around 10:45AM, I saw many people who have 10:30 appointment were there prior to us 9:40.

Please feel free to ask any questions. Once again Thanks!!!!!

Swadesh
Sent N-400 TSC 10/02/07
Check cashed 12/21/07
Notice Date - 12/26/07
Priority Date - 10/04/07
Notice (of receipt) received - 12/31/07
FP Notice Receipt Date 01/26/08
FP Date 02/09/2008
Interview Letter Date 03/07/2008
Interview and Oath Date 04/10/2008

Swadesh:)
Congrats!!! I do have one question though, my appointment is at 12:00 on the 19th which is a Saturday. I was going to be there around 11:30. Why do you recommend an earlier time for same day oath? Also how long did you have to wait after the interview to receive your oath letter?? Thanks for your help and Congrats again to you and your wife!!!
Swadesh
Sent N-400 TSC 10/02/07
Check cashed 12/21/07
Notice Date - 12/26/07
Priority Date - 10/04/07
Notice (of receipt) received - 12/31/07
FP Notice Receipt Date 01/26/08
FP Date 02/09/2008
Interview Letter Date 03/07/2008
Interview and Oath Date 04/10/2008[/QUOTE]