Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

If we get the same day oath, can we leave after the interview and come back for the oath in the afternoon? or do we need to stay until the oath is done?.

If we get the same day oath, can we leave after the interview and come back for the oath in the afternoon? or do we need to stay until the oath is done?.
Yes. you can go out have lunch and come back for oath. what is your time line ?

At what point do they take your GC away?

If you have successful interview and up for the oath on the same day, at what point do they take your Green Card away? Please reply. Thanks!

Yes. you can go out have lunch and come back for oath. what is your time line ?

If you have successful interview and up for the oath on the same day, at what point do they take your Green Card away? Please reply. Thanks!

My IO took my green card after I was done with the interview. I had nothing after I walked out from the officer's room. Later around 3:30pm I got my citizenship certificate. I was done with my interview by 9am. I had to catch my flight around 5:30pm so I went staright home, did some packing, had lunch and came back to attend the oath at 2pm.

They usually take your GC before oath. If oath is on same day, they may take it away right after interview. If it is on different day, they will first interview on the day of oath (Questions on the back of the form) and if everything looks ok, then they will take it away there.

I'm done guys - thank you for your support and information provided!

An interview (for my wife and couple of other friends there as well) was rather a VERY PLEASANT experience, unlike some other definitely more painful process(es) I had during this journey. Took me 15' to be "in-and-out" (very similar timeframe for the rest of the guys too).

Nothing special: casual conversation, going over my N-400, read and write sentences, 10 questions (got all right - yepeeee) and... "Wait until supervisor goes over" stuff and... That's how they processed ALL the applicants today anyway. After 25' or so waiting there, they called my name and... congratulations were handed to me!

You guys take care and just be patient!

P. S. I brought ONLY docs they requested in the notice - no IRS b.s. (other than a question asked during an interview), no "this and that" - I suggest just... if you go by what THEY tell / told you to bring or to do, you'd be just fine!

Congratulations.

I'm done guys - thank you for your support and information provided!

An interview (for my wife and couple of other friends there as well) was rather a VERY PLEASANT experience, unlike some other definitely more painful process(es) I had during this journey. Took me 15' to be "in-and-out" (very similar timeframe for the rest of the guys too).

Nothing special: casual conversation, going over my N-400, read and write sentences, 10 questions (got all right - yepeeee) and... "Wait until supervisor goes over" stuff and... That's how they processed ALL the applicants today anyway. After 25' or so waiting there, they called my name and... congratulations were handed to me!

You guys take care and just be patient!

P. S. I brought ONLY docs they requested in the notice - no IRS b.s. (other than a question asked during an interview), no "this and that" - I suggest just... if you go by what THEY tell / told you to bring or to do, you'd be just fine!

Congrats mlsimmy!!!

I'm sure the Heineken and brandy are flowing tonite!!!

I'm still waiting for my IL. Seems to be caught in the twilight zone.

How do you get transferred to an IO?

What works for me is providing my reference number that doesn't show up online, and telling the rep I applied last year. After that I politely ask the rep to transfer my call to escalate it and the rep transfers me to an IO.

Interesting. However, I can't seem to locate an option in their (1-800-375-5283) menu that would allow me to speak with a rep. Since my case status does not show up online and errors out with a "Case Status Retrieval Failed", I can't use the "POJ Method" and neither can I use InfoPass.

Was there a specific option sequence you had used in order to speak with a rep?

Thanks!
-Bambaiyya.

Options

Interesting. However, I can't seem to locate an option in their (1-800-375-5283) menu that would allow me to speak with a rep. Since my case status does not show up online and errors out with a "Case Status Retrieval Failed", I can't use the "POJ Method" and neither can I use InfoPass.

Was there a specific option sequence you had used in order to speak with a rep?

Thanks!
-Bambaiyya.

Use these options:

1-2-6-0 (wait for about 2 secs after each entry).

It always works for me & I hope it works for you too. Good luck :)

Use these options:

i just called to see if i can get hold of IO but the guy said this is a national customer service and he have no clue to tranfer IO :confused:

i just called to see if i can get hold of IO but the guy said this is a national customer service and he have no clue to tranfer IO :confused:
Ask the representative to escalate your issue and transfer your call. Don't mention immigration officer, that will only confuse them more.

Thank you Bobsmyth

Ask the representative to escalate your issue and transfer your call. Don't mention immigration officer, that will only confuse them more.

May be give a fake 13 digit receipt number & your call will be transferred to the IO in secs. Thanks to you Bobsmyth, your trick worked today when I called USCIS today and gave him a wrong 13 digit receipt number. He escalated my call on his own without me even requesting him.......lol.

Use these options:

Thanks Atlanta_Brother,
That technique did work for me! I also took Bobsmyth's advice and politely asked to be transfered/escalated.

After a short wait, I spoke with another Rep and she was quite helpful. She looked up my status and told me that my case is pending "background" check. She said that she does not see any problems with my case and advised me to wait.

It was way better than hearing "Case Status Retrieval Failed" :)

Cheers,
Bambaiyya.

Atlanta DO
Priority Date: 08/24/07
FP Notice Date: 01/16/08
FP Appointment Date: 02/06/08