Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Shanks1975!

First, download a copy of the application & instructions, and read it thoroughly - making a checklist of things to send (as applicable to you). In most cases, the following have to be sent -
- fully filled-in application, signed and dated,
- enclose 2 passport-size photos, sign with pencil on the back of both photos, check for required amount, copy of both sides of green card, status letter from selective service (check out http://www.immigrationportal.com/sho...d.php?t=197782),
- send by USPS Priority Mail (with tracking) or USPS Express Mail (do not fold documents).

There is a 'sticky post' in this forum - http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197782. This is an exhaustive list; scroll down to see the list of documents needed to apply.

Good luck.

Congratulations, AtlRaj & Swadesh. Good luck to you; hopefully, you will have the oath also on the same day.

Ravi-
My interview time is at 12:15 PM I am not sure if Oath is available for that time on the saem day in Atlanta.

Ravi-
My interview time is at 12:15 PM I am not sure if Oath is available for that time on the saem day in Atlanta.

Same-day oath is available at the Atlanta Parklake location if your interview gets over early enough.

If it is a 10:00 am interview appointment, then you are a sure candidate for same-day oath. And, if your interview is at 2:00 pm, then there is surely no chance for oath on the same day. But 12:15 is on the cusp - you may squeeze through for same-day oath. But don't worry, even if it is scheduled on a different day, it will be within days/weeks of the interview.

Good luck to you.

Funny scenario

Atlanta_Brother,

Have a nice weekend...especially with the in-laws :D I hear ya' loud and clear. Got a special set myself :rolleyes:

Jojo72,

We were talking about in-laws and stuff on Fri afternoon, remember? Well were suppose to pick my wife's brother-in-law from the airport on Fri night. Too bad his flt out of Buffalo got cancelled coz of sever storm in Buffalo area & poor thing never made it......lol.

Any Suggestion
I forgot to mention a Traffic ticket which was less than $500 in the application..my interview is in couple of weeks. what should I do

Any Suggestion
I forgot to mention a Traffic ticket which was less than $500 in the application..my interview is in couple of weeks. what should I do

If those tickets are like parking tickets, warnings, less than $500 its ok if not mentioned. I don't know about speeding tickets.

I just got my 'Interview Letter' in the mail. Although the IO mentioned it last week during a phone conversation, I was waiting eagerly for the letter. The original letter - in black and white - delivered by the old faithful USPS - is the real thing!!

Congrats, Jojo72. I'm happy you joined the IL party.

Guess what - I am kind of sad that Bobsmyth has not gotten his IL yet. He has been ahead in the queue. He has been contributing effectively to this group, and he has been patient. I am feeling kind of guilty that he is still waiting. I am going to include him in my prayers from today onwards!!

Thanks ravi. I have to admit I was almost shocked to find that letter in my mailbox today, not to say I was not secretly hoping :rolleyes: BobSmyth and so many others in here are just a walking encyclopedia on immigration and citizenship. This board is and continues to be very helpful. I hope and pray for a positive and speedy outcome for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called USCIS customer support number 1800 375 5283 . since my application number was not in their online system, call was transfered to IO. Lady Officer said my application is on waiting status for interview schedule. file is in Texas office. not yet moved to Atlanta office. I asked her about name check, she said she don't know and asked me to wait for few more days. so there is nothing much i can do except checking my maibox everyday.