Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I called USCIS customer support number 1800 375 5283 . since my application number was not in their online system, call was transfered to IO. Lady Officer said my application is on waiting status for interview schedule. file is in Texas office. not yet moved to Atlanta office. I asked her about name check, she said she don't know and asked me to wait for few more days. so there is nothing much i can do except checking my maibox everyday.

thanks for the udpate and hope it will be over soon.

Here is my interview experience. I went in early about 11 a.m. mainly due to the weather in atlanta on that day. Going early did the trick. I was called for interview at 12:05 and was done by 12:10. Had the oath the same day at 2 p.m. IO asked about name, confirmed by city, state and country of birth, whether I pay taxes, went thru the appln, simple reading and writing in english and asked 8 questions -

Presidents official home, who elects judges in supreme court, capital of state you live in, 49th state added to us, when was the constitution written, enenies to us during world war 2, color of stripes on the flag etc.

Overall a good experience.

Here is my interview experience. I went in early about 11 a.m. mainly due to the weather in atlanta on that day. Going early did the trick. I was called for interview at 12:05 and was done by 12:10. Had the oath the same day at 2 p.m. IO asked about name, confirmed by city, state and country of birth, whether I pay taxes, went thru the appln, simple reading and writing in english and asked 8 questions -

Presidents official home, who elects judges in supreme court, capital of state you live in, 49th state added to us, when was the constitution written, enenies to us during world war 2, color of stripes on the flag etc.

did you show tax returns or IO just asked you?

I did not have to show the tax returns. IO asked if I file taxes and if I owe any money to irs. Though I did carry the last 3 years of tax returns with me just in case.

Passport Applications

I have a quick question.

FOr the folks who recently got there passports -

Did your naturalization certificate come back with the passport or was it sent separately.

MY wife received her passport in mail (we applied for expedited delivery) and did not receive her certificate back.

Folks who have been thru this experience - Please respond.

No worries

I have a quick question.

FOr the folks who recently got there passports -

Did your naturalization certificate come back with the passport or was it sent separately.

MY wife received her passport in mail (we applied for expedited delivery) and did not receive her certificate back.

Folks who have been thru this experience - Please respond.

I got my passport & certificate together in the same envelope but both my kids got their birth certificates in a seperate envelopes.
Every case is different. I know couple of my friends who got their certificates after few days of the delivery of the passport. So just give it another week at the most & you will see your certificate in the mailbox. Don't worry it's pretty common.

August PD: No IL, how do I get hold of the "real" status

Hello All,
After perusing the latest posts, it seems that most folks with an August '07 PD (and later) have received their Interview Letters.

I was wondering if anyone else with an August '07 (or earlier) PD is in the same boat as I am?

On a related note, the Case Status Online returns the (usual) "Case Status Retrieval Failed" message. I called up the 800-375-5283 number and, by sheer accident, managed to speak to a live human being. However, she knew as much about my application status as I did - which is zilch. Her comments and answers were very scripted and I had to keep reminding myself that I was not talking to an automaton.

She looked online and informed me that the Atlanta DO processing date is June 20 '07 and I should wait.

Is there a specific option available in their IVR menu whereby I could get a "real" status? Should I ask to speak to a Supervisor?

Cheers,
Bambaiyya.

Priority Date: 08/24/07
FP Notice Received: 01/22/08 (Notice Date: 01/16/08)
FP Appointment Date: 02/06/08

Last edited by a moderator:
Bambaiyya.

My wife and I both have PD of 27Jul07. She has her interview 26Mar, and I have not received my IL yet. She's going to try to get some better info about my status during her interview. Seems like the customer service number is only useful if you get lucky enough to be transferred to an IO.

Good luck!!

What document did yoy take with you other than what were listed in the document check list

Bambaiyya.

My wife and I both have PD of 27Jul07. She has her interview 26Mar, and I have not received my IL yet. She's going to try to get some better info about my status during her interview. Seems like the customer service number is only useful if you get lucky enough to be transferred to an IO.

Good luck!!
good luck Bambaiyya.

when i went for FP, I did a stupid thing. my name is very common hindu first name in south india.
when we write the name in english you can spell it either way. like "satish" or "sathish". in my passport and GC , i have it as "sathish". but in some documents i have it as "satish". i think i did not mention this second spelling in N400 application. but i did during FP. may be that caused the delay in name check. anyway my anxiety is because others got the IL but not me. I am planning to move out of state next month.
that will delay further. I think its okay if it gets delayed. worse I may not be able to vote in november. thats it. Citizenship is not an achievement. I was lucky during GC process. after my 140 approved under EB3, i just had to wait for 2 months for the dates to be current to apply I485 in 2001. citizenship process is nothing if we compare with GC process . it takes 5,6 years to get green card. 11 years in US. I was happy all these years.
citizenship is not going to make it better anyway. this forum is great. saves immigration attorney fee.

Dsmportal,

Some people have managed to have the customer service rep transfer them to an immigration officer who has access to your "real" status. I have not had such luck in my 2 calls. The customer service reps seem to only have basic information, no details.

Dsmportal,

Some people have managed to have the customer service rep transfer them to an immigration officer who has access to your "real" status. I have not had such luck in my 2 calls. The customer service reps seem to only have basic information, no details.

i havent call to cust rep yet but wondering what makes the cust rep transfer to IO :confused:

i havent call to cust rep yet but wondering what makes the cust rep transfer to IO :confused:

What works for me is providing my reference number that doesn't show up online, and telling the rep I applied last year. After that I politely ask the rep to transfer my call to escalate it and the rep transfers me to an IO.

if your application number doesn't show up in their online system, your call will be transferred to IO. please post here when you get your IL. my wife time line is almost same as yours.

if your application number doesn't show up in their online system, your call will be transferred to IO. please post here when you get your IL. my wife time line is almost same as yours.

every day i'm checking my mail ;)

sure i will post here if i have any update.

You read my mind

What works for me is providing my reference number that doesn't show up online, and telling the rep I applied last year. After that I politely ask the rep to transfer my call to escalate it and the rep transfers me to an IO.

Bobsmyth,

Man, you made my day. You simply read my mind. I was thinking about this trick today & was thinking if I should do it. I wasn't sure if it works & guess what it works :) YES.
Thank you for sharing your experience coz these idiots at USCIS cust service deserves to be dodged. When I called today this B***H told me to wait 90 days and then call. After going thru 4 cust service agents, finally this guy transferred my call to the officer. I somehow managed to convince him that my call was earlier escalated to the officer and my call was disconnected. He felt sorry for me, put me on hold and in 2 mins BINGO, I had this officer on the phone with me.