Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Looks like another batch of interview letters has been sent. Got mine today (03/24/08) for a 04/23/08 interview. Only bad thing is the 1:05pm time, which probably means no same-day oath.

You'll make it

Looks like another batch of interview letters has been sent. Got mine today (03/24/08) for a 04/23/08 interview. Only bad thing is the 1:05pm time, which probably means no same-day oath.

You will make it for the oath at 2pm. Don't worry but the key is, make sure you get there around 12:30pm for your interview. This way the IO can take you in right on time or may be few mins earlier. Good luck.

I had gone through the latest postings and it appears that we could get OATH same day or at least in next few days. I am planning to go to India after Interview and I would like to know what is the procedure after Oath?
Like applying for US passport, timeline etc.

Receipt Date - 08/20/2007
Notice Date - 02/28/2008
Interview Date - 04/09/2008

Passport

I had gone through the latest postings and it appears that we could get OATH same day or at least in next few days. I am planning to go to India after Interview and I would like to know what is the procedure after Oath?
Like applying for US passport, timeline etc.

Receipt Date - 08/20/2007
Notice Date - 02/28/2008
Interview Date - 04/09/2008

Satish,

I don't know what time is your interview that day. If it's before 12 noon or even if you get done by 1pm, you have a good chance of making it for your oath that very same day at 2pm.

After you take the oath & get your natz certificate, I would go to the nearest post office who handles passport applications the next day. Get your pictures from either Sams Club or Costco now. Their prices are pretty cheap.
Just apply for urgent passport. You should get in 7-10 days. You will have to pay a higer fees, probably $60-$70 more than normal processing fees. The normal fees is approx $100. Make sure you include your confirmed itinerary with your passport application. Also don't forget to make extra copies of your natz certificate.

Good luck.

My wife just had her interview today at 12:45pm. She got called at 1:10pm, and was finished at 1:35pm. They told her it was too late for oath today, so hers is April 4th at 1pm. Not bad, just a week later.

Oath Time Changes in Atlanta?

So did the Oath times change to 1 pm in ATL? I was under the impression they were at 2 pm? And of course I was hoping for a same day oath my interview being at 12:05 pm. Also does anyone know what you can bring into the building. This is mainly for my husband and daughter who will be accompanying me. Are books okay? Nintendo DS for my daughter? No cell phones? What about photo cameras? Saawwry guys I am bombarding you all with questions :p

Cell Phone/Toys/Books

So did the Oath times change to 1 pm in ATL? I was under the impression they were at 2 pm? And of course I was hoping for a same day oath my interview being at 12:05 pm. Also does anyone know what you can bring into the building. This is mainly for my husband and daughter who will be accompanying me. Are books okay? Nintendo DS for my daughter? No cell phones? What about photo cameras? Saawwry guys I am bombarding you all with questions :p

I don't know about toys & stuff. I don't see anything wrong with bringing a book to read. I had my cell phone with me. It was perfectly fine to take it inside as long as you turn it off or put it on silent/vibrate mode.

Thanks Atlanta_Brother :D I think books are okay then. Are you aware of any 1 pm oaths in Atlanta now? I thought they were at 2 pm?:confused:

Name Change Question

Thanks for answering my earlier posts. I have another question about name change, my wife opted for last name change, she currently has her dad's name as her last name and she wants to change it to my first name. I have gone through several postings about name check and it appears to take long time.
Since she wants to put my first name as her last name, would it long time?
I thought it wouldn't take time as my application has been validated/verified for same citizenship processing, Could you please update if any had same experience?

Oath

Thanks Atlanta_Brother :D I think books are okay then. Are you aware of any 1 pm oaths in Atlanta now? I thought they were at 2 pm?:confused:

I believe 1pm oaths still exists. When I was called for oath at 2pm, I remember there were ppl who were waiting for their 1pm oaths but what USCIS did was merge 1pm & 2pm oaths together and did just one oath at 2pm. May be there weren't that many ppl for 1pm oath. People who came for 1pm oaths had to wait a little longer so that they could be a part of 2pm oath.

May be give a fake 13 digit receipt number & your call will be transferred to the IO in secs. Thanks to you Bobsmyth, your trick worked today when I called USCIS today and gave him a wrong 13 digit receipt number. He escalated my call on his own without me even requesting him.......lol.

where do i find the receipt number? is that starting with SSC? if it is then i have only ssc000000000 (3 characters and 9 numbers) ?

i tried to call customer service but no luck and did not get chance to talk with IO :( .. the rep was not friendly at all.

i called again and lady picked-up the phone and i gave the wrong ssc number and the second question she asked me: "its more then 7 months you filed" i said yes then third question she asked "what date" i said some time last year then she said, she can not do anything unless she has the exact date.

to me its look like they have changed the procedure? or my bad luck?

Make sure

i called again and lady picked-up the phone and i gave the wrong ssc number and the second question she asked me: "its more then 7 months you filed" i said yes then third question she asked "what date" i said some time last year then she said, she can not do anything unless she has the exact date.

Please make sure you double check that fake 13 digit receipt number online first before you give it to the cust service agent. You may think it's a fake number but it might be valid & belong to some Tom, Dick & Harry, who knows :(

Some CSRs have begun to ask specific questions about when you filed and are referring to either the posted processing times for your DO or the generic 13-15 month processing timeframe. Keep calling back and request to be transfered to an IO. Eventually you'll get a CSR who will transfer you to an IO.

One year or more

Some CSRs have begun to ask specific questions about when you filed and are referring to either the posted processing times for your DO or the generic 13-15 month processing timeframe. Keep calling back and request to be transfered to an IO. Eventually you'll get a CSR who will transfer you to an IO.

I usually say that it has been a year or over a year since I have filed I-485. When they hear that it has been that long and they are unable to view that person's case with that fake 13 digit number, they will most likely transfer the call to the officer.

I usually say that it has been a year or over a year since I have filed I-485. When they hear that it has been that long and they are unable to view that person's case with that fake 13 digit number, they will most likely transfer the call to the officer.

On several occasions when I called, the CSR offered to open a service request case for the local DO instead of transferring me to an IO when the reference number I gave them did not appear online and I told them it's been over one year since I applied. On other occasions, the CSR would transfer me to an IO without any hesitation.

Please make sure you double check that fake 13 digit receipt number online first before you give it to the cust service agent. You may think it's a fake number but it might be valid & belong to some Tom, Dick & Harry, who knows :(

thanks for the tip :)

Last edited by a moderator: