Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I think the Service Centers receives all N-400 applications, check them for completeness, send the checks for collection & send out I797s-NOAs, and then send the files to the respective District Offices. The DOs then start with the fingerprinting process, do FBI background checks, schedule interviews and oaths. Is this right?

If that's the case, TSC/Atlanta folks who have received their I-797s are now waiting on the Atlanta DO to schedule fingerprinting.

Can TSC/Atlanta folks post their timelines here, please? Particularly those who have cleared the first stage (N400s, checks cleared, I797s (NOAs) received), please?

Last edited by a moderator:
ravi1985 has posted
I think the Service Centers receives all N-400 applications, check them for completeness, send the checks for collection & send out I797s-NOAs, and then send the files to the respective District Offices. The DOs then start with the fingerprinting process, do FBI background checks, schedule interviews and oaths. Is this right?

I've read on this forum that almost everything done by TSC:fingerprinting scheduling,name checks.And only when it's finished TSC sends the package to the DO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, anmn!! I stand corrected.

So, the service centers complete the package (including fingerprinting and FBI background checks), and the DOs take over and handle the interviews/oaths, right?

Congrats !!! You know what, you submitted just after me(atleast as per your sig) , but you have been a step ahead of me all along. Not complaining as long as mine is not far behind.

We submitted the same day, but USCIS received mine 1 day after yours. USCIS processing is all over the map..I've given up on making any sense of how there are USCIS processing gaps of weeks apart at the same DO eventhough the PD is the same.

Atlanta Field Office Processing Times

My Field Office will be Atlanta as I looked it up on the USCIS with my zipcode. What exactly does the processing time for the various Field Offices mean. Right now Atlanta says July 23. Does it mean that people that sent their package in July are receiving their Interview/Oath Dates right now? Thanks for explaining:)

01/02/08 N-400 sent to TSC
01/04/08 N-400 received at TSC
01/08/08 Check cleared
xx/xx/xx waiting for NOA

My Field Office will be Atlanta as I looked it up on the USCIS with my zipcode. What exactly does the processing time for the various Field Offices mean. Right now Atlanta says July 23. Does it mean that people that sent their package in July are receiving their Interview/Oath Dates right now? Thanks for explaining:)

01/02/08 N-400 sent to TSC
01/04/08 N-400 received at TSC
01/08/08 Check cleared
xx/xx/xx waiting for NOA

Those processing dates are USICS goals for that particular DO. They use them to calculate the overall processing time the majority of naturalization applications are taking. (ie start to finish)

Interview/Oath the same day?

Hi, does anybody know, when your interview is at 10 AM, will you do the Oath in the afternoon and get your paperwork that same day (Atlanta, Parklake Drive location)? This was apparently the situation last year, but don’t know if this has changed.
Thanks

Hi, does anybody know, when your interview is at 10 AM, will you do the Oath in the afternoon and get your paperwork that same day (Atlanta, Parklake Drive location)? This was apparently the situation last year, but don’t know if this has changed.
Thanks

This used to be the case but I have read many cases now that some people were not given oath same day and told that they will get letter about it. Some have not received the letter for almost 2 months. Search through forum for those. So I would not count on it anymore.

In my case

Thanks

Dutch-07,

I had my interview at Atlanta DO (Parklake Dr) at 8am on Tues morning & I was able to take the oath the very same day at 2pm that afternoon. I got my certificate and it was all over. I went ahead & applied for the passport the next morning.

Dutch-07,

I had my interview at Atlanta DO (Parklake Dr) at 8am on Tues morning & I was able to take the oath the very same day at 2pm that afternoon. I got my certificate and it was all over. I went ahead & applied for the passport the next morning.

Congrulation....Nightmare is over for ya....Great job...

on my 4th attempt to customer service , here is what I was told regarding Oath

Its been nearly 2 months now ( Had interview on 11/13) got N652 congrats , but nothing after that .......guess they still have another 2 months to get back to me ( 120 days from the interview day ) ! the customer service number told me to give them another 30 days ( total 90 days) from interview day for them to raise a Query !!

Hi , does anyone has a Phone number for Atlanta USCIS Parklade Drive Office ? ,

if anyone has recieved a direct phone call from that office to schedule last minute Oath etc and saved the number

I am thinking it might be worth a try to try calling them directly instead of the usual customer service numbers ,

I can call and ask for the officer who interviewed me ? wishful thinking but worth a try .

would appreciate alot !!