Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Finally, we have an update from TSC as of December 28th. It says, N-400 receipting has moved ahead one month to 10/29.

But, I see various posts of checks cashed for N-400 received at TSC on 11/19. So, TSC's update probably includes NOA mailed (in addition to checks cashed).

Expect another decent jump this week - to probably 11/30 or 12/15.

TSC is moving right along!! As expected, my checks were cashed today - 01/02/2008 (see my dates below). Looking at other cases posted in this forum, my NOA should arrive in about 10 days, and then wait for FP notice in about 30 days or so.

Received interview letter from TSC on Dec 27th

Here are my details

RD 07/04/2007
PD 07/04/2007
FD 08/22/2007
ID 02/11/2008 at 8.30AM at Atlanta DO.

Good luck to everyone :D

What is url of online status check

What is url of online status check? When can I expect my case to be online my notice date is 12/26?

-Swadesh
Sent N-400 TSC 10/02/07
Check cashed 12/21/07
Notice Date - 12/26/07
Priority Date - 10/04/07
Notice (of receipt) received - 12/31/07
FP notice xx/xx/xx

Hi Guys

Thank you for your support. I am trying to get over it. They did not have a regular oath ceremony on that day but they held a small one for 6 people. One of them looked pretty sick. I am wondering if you tell them that you are coming from far away when you are applying it will make a difference. Anyway there is nothing I can do right now besides wait.
Good luck to everyone

My timeline
Priority Date: 06/25/2007
Fingerprints Appointment: 08/02/2007
Interview date: 12/19/2007 at 12.05 pm
Oath:???????????

What is url of online status check? When can I expect my case to be online my notice date is 12/26?

-Swadesh
Sent N-400 TSC 10/02/07
Check cashed 12/21/07
Notice Date - 12/26/07
Priority Date - 10/04/07
Notice (of receipt) received - 12/31/07
FP notice xx/xx/xx

URL is http://www.uscis.gov for case status update, although USCIS has not been updating cases online lately so don't expect your case to show up online.

Hi Guys

Thank you for your support. I am trying to get over it. They did not have a regular oath ceremony on that day but they held a small one for 6 people. One of them looked pretty sick. I am wondering if you tell them that you are coming from far away when you are applying it will make a difference. Anyway there is nothing I can do right now besides wait.
Good luck to everyone

My timeline
Priority Date: 06/25/2007
Fingerprints Appointment: 08/02/2007
Interview date: 12/19/2007 at 12.05 pm
Oath:???????????

I don't mean to get you worried but just to share how I am in the same boat. During my wife's interview, she was forced to chose name change and had to opt for judicial ceremony. Interview was in mid April 2007 (She cleared it) and we still have not received oath letter. So it is almost 10 months now Not sure what can be done. All infopass appt shows status as "Waiting for oath to be scheduled" stage.

In my case, they found dreaded 2nd A file. So my case was not decided that day. I received oath letter for oath beginning of June. There was no oath ceremony that day either. One officer took 6-7 people in his office and gave oath. Seems they are authorized to give oath like that.

Hi ATL !

Hi N400Atl ,

not sure what do you meant by , she was forced to do a name change ? , did her name not match the Birth Certificate etc ? , was she given an N652 stating congratulation/she passed ?

since the USCIS has 120 days to grant final approval / shcedule OATH on an application after the interview , are you not considering doing a law suit 1447 ( can't remember the exact title )

In your case are you still waiting on the OATH , I was not able to gather much from the post

thanks for sharing !

Hi N400Atl ,

not sure what do you meant by , she was forced to do a name change ? , did her name not match the Birth Certificate etc ? , was she given an N652 stating congratulation/she passed ?

since the USCIS has 120 days to grant final approval / shcedule OATH on an application after the interview , are you not considering doing a law suit 1447 ( can't remember the exact title )

In your case are you still waiting on the OATH , I was not able to gather much from the post

thanks for sharing !

Her BC had a spelling mistake (One alphabet missing) as person who went to register in India, did not know English well (This was in 70s). She has court affidavit signed by her parents and the court judge correcting that spelling mistake. This was accepted for her GC and her GC is with correct name. During Nat interview, IO would not look at that court document or GC or her Indian passport or anything else. She insisted that her BC is the final word and that is all she will write in Nat cert, unless opting for name change via judicial oath. My wife has her correct name (With correct spelling) whole her life. Besides BC, there is NOT a single document that has her name wrong but IO would not budge. So we were forced to go for Judicial oath. IO said it would take 2-3 month for oath which was acceptable to us then. Now it is more than 10+ months with no oath.

She cleared her interview and IO gave her form saying congrats, you have satisfied all the requirements and she will be contacted about oath date after final approval.

Since this delay is due to judicial oath scheduling (Which we opted for), even if we file suit, we will not win since judicial oaths are scheduled by district courts. If one opts for Administrative oath and they do not schedule it for 120 days, we may have a chance. I have asked senators office to look into it now.

I have cleared oath and received nat cert (With middle name missing, that is another long story) I went to district court and got name corrected and got myself passport with correct name. Wish I had done same for her. So now I warn others of the pitfall of judicial oaths in Atlana DO.

Re : N400Atl

Hi ,

Thanks for the detailed run down , hope the senator route works !

As for you , was your middle name missing the birth certificate too ? ,

the IO made me sign my full name ( first middle and last ) as per the birth certificate on the N400 as well the photographs !

I agree in my case the IO was also very stringent about the BC , as my middle name had spaces and the BC didn't, but he used the BC Saying they have to work of some kind of reference which for N400 / Naturalization is the BC .

in your case how long did the name change through regular district court took ? heard its a very tedious process ..

appreciate you keeping us posted !

Hi ,

Thanks for the detailed run down , hope the senator route works !

As for you , was your middle name missing the birth certificate too ? ,

the IO made me sign my full name ( first middle and last ) as per the birth certificate on the N400 as well the photographs !

I agree in my case the IO was also very stringent about the BC , as my middle name had spaces and the BC didn't, but he used the BC Saying they have to work of some kind of reference which for N400 / Naturalization is the BC .

in your case how long did the name change through regular district court took ? heard its a very tedious process ..

appreciate you keeping us posted !

My BC was in the format of state that I lived in India. There BC had field called child's first name and column for father's full name (First-middle-last). It was known that father's first name is child's middle name so there was no separate column for child's middle name, neither was a column for child's full name (including middle) Based on that IO said I do not have a middle name so my Nat cert is in first-last name

Name change through district court was walk in the park. 3-4 page form to fill in (nothing except name address etc), go to court, give the signed forms and money (close to $180 total). Newspaper picks up name change ad directly from court. After 4 weeks of ad, court sent me a date. Went there infront if judge (Along with many others asking for name change) He asked why name change, told him all story and he signed name change order. All 30-45 mins there. Much easier that USCIS. Total about 2 months for complete processing. Wish I had done same for my wife. Her IO said it will take 2-3 months for judicial oath and we thought it was ok. Oh well !!!

Timeline Update...

USCIS received : 07/16/2007
Check cleared: 08/06/2007
Priority date: 07/16/2007
Receipt notice date.: 08/22/2007
Receipt recd date: 08/27/2007
FP notice date - 8/23/07
FP Notice recd. - 8/29/07
FP: performed on - 9/6/07
INT Letter : 1/4/2008
Int date : 2/21/2008 @ 1:05
Oath : Hopefully the same day, but not counting on it.

Hi all! I received the I-797C notices today. Our (my wife's and mine) application numbers are consecutive numbers, and both notices came together. In both the notices, there was no mention of any 'missing' documents.

My notice says that "You will be notified of the date and place of your inteview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office. You should expect to be notified within 450 days of this notice".

I noticed a mistake in the spelling of my wife's last name, and called 800-375-5283 with it. The system said that the receipt # I entered was not identified in the system - so I went through another menu, and after hold for about 10 minutes, spoke with a real person. She was very courteous, but told me she cannot access my record. She then transferred me to speak with an Immigration Officer - now, am on hold & the estimated wait time is about 15-20 minutes. The music-on-hold is pretty bad, I should say !!

Now, the wait for FP notice starts!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on the same situation

Hi all! I received the I-797C notices today. Our (my wife's and mine) application numbers are consecutive numbers, and both notices came together. In both the notices, there was no mention of any 'missing' documents.

I noticed a mistake in the spelling of my wife's last name, and called 800-375-5283 with it. The system said that the receipt # I entered was not identified in the system - so I went through another menu, and after hold for about 10 minutes, spoke with a real person. She was very courteous, but told me she cannot access my record. She then transferred me to speak with an Immigration Officer - now, am on hold & the estimated wait time is about 15-20 minutes. The music-on-hold is pretty bad, I should say !!

Now, the wait for FP notice starts!!

Ravi1985:
I am also on the same situation, the reciept number I got does not come up on the web site as well as on the phone.
please let us know what happend after you spoke to immigration officer.
thanks.

timeline update - got interview letter

My wife had to redo fingerprints so she is behind me.

ATL5155, my dates seem to be logical compared to yours:
----------------------
Sent my wife's and own N400 to TSC in the same envelope.

N400 mailed via priority mail: 07/16/2007
N400 received by TSC: 07/19/2007
Checks cashed: 08/14/2007
Priority date: 07/19/2007
Receipt notice recd.: 1st week of Oct/07 (Notice date 9/28/07), same with my wife
FP Notice recd.: 2nd week of Oct/07 if I remember right, very soon after the receipt notice (Notice date 10/2/07)
FP: 10/16/07. Wifey 10/17 even though we asked for same day appointments....
WIFE'S 2ND FP: 11/24/07
MY INT NOTICE DATED: 12/28/07
MY INT: 2/28/08
OATH:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear atlraj! After a 15-minute hold, an immigration officer came online, asked me for the full name, verified receipt number, DOB, address, and put in a request for correction of my wife's last name. He said that I will get a notice from USCIS/TSC within 30 days confirming the correction of the last name.

My wife had to redo fingerprints so she is behind me.

ATL5155, my dates seem to be logical compared to yours:
----------------------
Sent my wife's and own N400 to TSC in the same envelope.

N400 mailed via priority mail: 07/16/2007
N400 received by TSC: 07/19/2007
Checks cashed: 08/14/2007
Priority date: 07/19/2007
Receipt notice recd.: 1st week of Oct/07 (Notice date 9/28/07), same with my wife
FP Notice recd.: 2nd week of Oct/07 if I remember right, very soon after the receipt notice (Notice date 10/2/07)
FP: 10/16/07. Wifey 10/17 even though we asked for same day appointments....
WIFE'S 2ND FP: 11/24/07
MY INT NOTICE DATED: 12/28/07
MY INT: 2/28/08
OATH:

So gald to hear you and ALT5155 got the IL.congrats!
Hope I will have my IL soon.

Dear atlraj! After a 15-minute hold, an immigration officer came online, asked me for the full name, verified receipt number, DOB, address, and put in a request for correction of my wife's last name. He said that I will get a notice from USCIS/TSC within 30 days confirming the correction of the last name.

Dear Ravi1985.
that is excellent news for you. Good for you.
did the immigration officer say why your reciept nubmer does not show online or on the phone.?

Dear Atlraj! The IO was courteous, but not much information was forthcoming!! This is what he said -
- that because of the high volume of applications, they have not been able to enter all the details into the computer yet - and that is the reason why the case does not show up online & cannot be verified by phone. He said we can see it online/phone after a few days (read weeks!!),
- that he has put in a request to correct the last name of my wife in her application, and that I should get a notice from TSC confirming the correction,
- when asked about when I can expect the fingerprint notice, he said we should expect it within the next 30 days.

So, we will just wait to progress to the next stage - i.e. Fingerprint notice !!

Did your case online disappear?

USCIS received : 07/16/2007
Check cleared: 08/06/2007
Priority date: 07/16/2007
Receipt notice date.: 08/22/2007
Receipt recd date: 08/27/2007
FP notice date - 8/23/07
FP Notice recd. - 8/29/07
FP: performed on - 9/6/07
INT Letter : 1/4/2008
Int date : 2/21/2008 @ 1:05
Oath : Hopefully the same day, but not counting on it.

Hello ATL5155,ATL30041,

Do you check your case online status? It is disappeared when you got IL?