Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

moving along just fine so far:)

Jojo72,
congratulations, this is very outstanding to know that you applied in January and you already got your appointment for FP.Actually ONe day before me.
good to know there are several people like you and are all on the same boat.
thanks.
Raj

I sure hope I get the same day IL/Oath. That would be fantastic. I am not even trying to get too excited here, because I am just at the beginning of this process and who knows how long it is going to take alltogether from here on out

01/02/08 N-400 sent to TSC/DO Atlanta
01/04/08 N-400 received by TSC
01/08/08 Check Cashed
01/17/08 NOA received
01/04/08 PD/ IL w/in 450 days (03/29/09)
01/24/08 FP letter received
02/06/08 FP appointment

I can't believe you got FP letter. your case is moving fast. congratulations.

Thank You. From what I hear though it seems things in general are moving along faster now. I hope you get your FP soon. Who knows how long it will take after FP though....

Re: FP Notice received

Rather strange. I thought everything is driven off of the Priority Date. You would expect, given the same DO, anyone with an August/September 2007 PD to get the FP appointment prior to someone with a January 2008 PD!

In any case - good for you :)

Rather strange. I thought everything is driven off of the Priority Date. You would expect, given the same DO, anyone with an August/September 2007 PD to get the FP appointment prior to someone with a January 2008 PD!

In any case - good for you :)
Babaiyya,
My understanding is that Priority date only dictates the interview schedule not the FP or any other dates. I may be wrong but that is what I captured from reading several posts.

Babaiyya,
My understanding is that Priority date only dictates the interview schedule not the FP or any other dates. I may be wrong but that is what I captured from reading several posts.

yeah. priority date is for interview schedule. I think with same DO we all do our interviews at same time. matter of days. august till jan filers. after FP, name check will take 3 months.

yeah. priority date is for interview schedule. I think with same DO we all do our interviews at same time. matter of days. august till jan filers. after FP, name check will take 3 months.

So with a PD of 01/04/08 and the NOA stating 450 days ( which would be March/09 ) when can I realistically expect the Interview/Oath to be done? Of course given I would not get stuck in any namecheck etc

FP Notice Received FP Date 02/09/08

-Swadesh
Sent N-400 TSC 10/02/07
Check cashed 12/21/07
Notice Date - 12/26/07
Priority Date - 10/04/07
Notice (of receipt) received - 12/31/07
FP Notice Receipt Date 01/26/08
FP Date 02/09/08
FP Done ???
Interview Letter Receipt Date xx/xx/xx
Interview Date xx/xx/xx

ATL Processing times

I just checked the processing times for ATL DO and it says 24 May. Yikes that means they have not even processed anything from when the surge started. It's going to be very interesting to see how long the entire process is going to take now. Anyone's guess..

Last edited by a moderator:
Processing time at Atlanta DO

I just checked the processing times for ATL DO and it says 24 May. Yikes that means they have not even processed anything from when the surge started. It's going to be very interesting to see how long the entire process is going to take now. Anyone's guess..

How do you check processing time for a specific DO?

Thanks,
-Swadesh

Dear All,

Just wanted to give you my details so that you can baseline timings.
PD 06/28/07
RD 07/25/07
FP 08/10/07
INT & OATH 01/22/08

Day was long and the USCIS could make it a lot more inviting. Very little information given out. Had 9.45 a.m. appointment, got called at 10.30 a.m. 6 questions, they spent most of the time reviewing the application. Once I passed the interview had to wait for about 30 minutes to get letter for 2.00 p.m oath. returned at 1.15 p.m. and it was 2.30 p.m. by the time everybody was sat down. Completed at about 3.15 p.m. certificate in hand. Good luck to you all and keep your spirits up, it will happen and it looks like things are getting a bit better. On the processing times, when I have checked in the past the dates are the same for all offices so I do agree that its a guide and not much help. Also I registered for updates and never got one other than the initial, "Application Received".

I hope it does not take 18 months for you guys and I think it will be a lot quicker more like 8-10 months is my guess and that is just a guess.

Anyone received interview letter for July, 19 PD

Anyone received interview letter for July 19, 2007 PD. FP - Oct 26th. Still waiting for interview letter even after 90 days. any inputs would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Englander!!!Was your Interview/Oath in Atlanta?
Jojo, yes interview and oath was in Atlanta. You seem to be on a fast track if you only applied on the 2nd Jan amd you already have your FP date. That is faster than most for sure. Good luck and I hope you all get a speedy decision and your day over with.