Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Oath same day ?

As I suspected my interview letter is lost in mail. Had an infopass today and found that my interview has been scheduled on 3/4/2008.

Need some info from the gurus:
My interview is at 12:45 p.m. Any chances of same day oath ?
Any suggestions/ideas to get same day oath.

Thanks,

Usc wait there is a possibily you may have the same day oath. I have seen people having their interview after me was in the oath room.

My Interview time 12:05 pm, called in around 12:15 and out by 12:30 got oath letter for 2 pm and got citizenship by 3:30 pm.

As usual 6 questions one sentence to read and one sentence to write.

My updated timelines

My dates:
Mailed in application to TSC: 06/25/07
Received by TSC: 06/28/07
Check cashed: 07/03/07
Priority Date: 06/28/07
Receipt notice Received: 08/02/07
Finger Printed on : 08/11/07
Application Number Starts with : SSC*00XXXXXXX
Interview Notice Received : 12/10/2007
Interview Notice Date : 12/04/2007
Interview Date and Time : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:05 PM
Interview Passed on 01/22/08

Good luck eveyone.

Update - my wife got interview notice today

My wife had to redo fingerprints so she is behind me.
----------------------
Sent my wife's and own N400 to TSC in the same envelope.

N400 mailed via priority mail: 07/16/2007
N400 received by TSC: 07/19/2007
Checks cashed: 08/14/2007
Priority date: 07/19/2007
Receipt notice recd.: 1st week of Oct/07 (Notice date 9/28/07), same with my wife
FP Notice recd.: 2nd week of Oct/07 if I remember right, very soon after the receipt notice (Notice date 10/2/07)
FP: 10/16/07. Wifey 10/17 even though we asked for same day appointments....
WIFE'S 2ND FP: 11/24/07
MY INT NOTICE DATED: 12/28/07
MY INT: 2/28/08
WIFE'S INT NOTICE DATED: 2/1/08
WIFE'S INT: 3/4/08
OATH:

Your wife is not the only one

My wife had to redo fingerprints so she is behind me.
----------------------
Sent my wife's and own N400 to TSC in the same envelope.

N400 mailed via priority mail: 07/16/2007
N400 received by TSC: 07/19/2007
Checks cashed: 08/14/2007
Priority date: 07/19/2007
Receipt notice recd.: 1st week of Oct/07 (Notice date 9/28/07), same with my wife
FP Notice recd.: 2nd week of Oct/07 if I remember right, very soon after the receipt notice (Notice date 10/2/07)
FP: 10/16/07. Wifey 10/17 even though we asked for same day appointments....
WIFE'S 2ND FP: 11/24/07
MY INT NOTICE DATED: 12/28/07
MY INT: 2/28/08
WIFE'S INT NOTICE DATED: 2/1/08
WIFE'S INT: 3/4/08
OATH:

I have seen females sometimes unfortunately have to go thru 2 sets of FP. Don't know why. Your wife is not the only one. I have read somewhere on the forum that some lady's FP didn't go thru ok the very first time so she was sent another notice to come & re-take the finger prints.
Does anybody here agree or how often does that happen ?

My wife's FP is 2 weeks from today in Atlanta. We will be flying from Boston to take care of this. Hope it goes thru ok coz flying back to Atlanta again would be extremely difficult.

No need to travel for FP

Hi Atlanta_Brother,
Why do you have to travel from Boston to ATL for finger printing? You can have your wife to do her FP in Boston on the scheduled date. It can be done in Boston. I was scheduled to do mine ATL, but I was in Virginia on the scheduled date and I was told that I could do it in Virginia. It is very common with USCIS. After all, it is going to the same place where it is supposed to go. Hope it helps. Thanks!

I have seen females sometimes unfortunately have to go thru 2 sets of FP. Don't know why. Your wife is not the only one. I have read somewhere on the forum that some lady's FP didn't go thru ok the very first time so she was sent another notice to come & re-take the finger prints.
Does anybody here agree or how often does that happen ?

My wife's FP is 2 weeks from today in Atlanta. We will be flying from Boston to take care of this. Hope it goes thru ok coz flying back to Atlanta again would be extremely difficult.

FP issue

Hi Atlanta_Brother,
Why do you have to travel from Boston to ATL for finger printing? You can have your wife to do her FP in Boston on the scheduled date. It can be done in Boston. I was scheduled to do mine ATL, but I was in Virginia on the scheduled date and I was told that I could do it in Virginia. It is very common with USCIS. After all, it is going to the same place where it is supposed to go. Hope it helps. Thanks!

jr4173,

I had this question infact on this forum last week if I can save this trip and not fly to Atlanta with my wife & 2 infant kids. I was told that I should probably try not to take days off from work, put the kids in the day care and let my wife travel to Atlanta. I assumed that this was not possible. Now you are telling me something different. I am really confused. I will probably call immigrations on Monday & check with them, but if there is anybody else here who can provide their feedback regarding this issue, that will be great.

What about interview ? You still feel that USCIS can take care of that here in Boston or for that one will have to travel back to their home city/town.

FP & Interview are two different issues...

Atlanta_Brother,
I am telling you what I have done for myself during my FP. I was away of Atlanta, and I could do the FP in Virginia on the scheduled date. Not sure what question you had last week as I didn't see your question.

Anyway, sounds like you have moved to Boston. In that case, I am not too sure how it would affect the interview. That is beyond me.

jr4173,

I had this question infact on this forum last week if I can save this trip and not fly to Atlanta with my wife & 2 infant kids. I was told that I should probably try not to take days off from work, put the kids in the day care and let my wife travel to Atlanta. I assumed that this was not possible. Now you are telling me something different. I am really confused. I will probably call immigrations on Monday & check with them, but if there is anybody else here who can provide their feedback regarding this issue, that will be great.

What about interview ? You still feel that USCIS can take care of that here in Boston or for that one will have to travel back to their home city/town.

Boston/Atlanta

Atlanta_Brother,
I am telling you what I have done for myself during my FP. I was away of Atlanta, and I could do the FP in Virginia on the scheduled date. Not sure what question you had last week as I didn't see your question.

Anyway, sounds like you have moved to Boston. In that case, I am not too sure how it would affect the interview. That is beyond me.

jr4173,

I have not moved or relocated to Boston. I still live in Atlanta, GA. I am still maintaining my residence there. All my mail is going there. I am here in Boston for short term project/assignment. Last time I was in Atlanta was back in Jan (last month) for my citizenship interview and oath.

Did you completely move to VA from Atlanta or were you traveling just like me? I was going thru that FP notice this morning and it says that if one cannot make it for his/her FP apptt at that particular location and time, then that notice should be sent back requesting another date. I don't know if I just walk to one of the FP offices/facility here in Boston on Feb 22nd, will they entertain me?

Response from cherr1980

Atlanta_Brother,

jr4173,

Please see this response from one of our users here. cherr1980 has a different point of view towards changing locations for FP purpose.

5th February 2008, 08:07 AM
cherr1980
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2005

The FP appointment only is good for the ASC that she was scheduled since Atlanta ASC is the one who has the slot for her not Boston. The notice says "please appear at the below application center at the time and date specified..." I think. If she can't make the FP she should send on time the request of a new appointment, it's explained in the notice.

A tip, unless she needs asistance from you, you can put the kids in day care for few days or she can take one of the kids back with her, you stay there at work take care of the kids (or one of them) and she fly back alone to Atlanta you still on time to arrange that, she even can return the same day.

Hi Everybody
I am finally done . After stressfully waiting for the oath letter, I am a citizen since Feb 06,2008. I hope everybody gets their ceremony same day. It is very usual to get interview and oath ceremony at same day unless their is a big holiday coming like X-mas as is in my case. But everything is over right now and I am so happy. A few suggestion for interview. Name check is very important. Interviewer will check your full name on passport, green card or other ID to match with application. If there is a middle name or any difference between ID's, get ready to explain. He eliminated my middle name because my green card did not have it even if it was on my passport and application. If there is a miss spelling or missing letter, they might want you to take judicial oath. Check N400ATL case.Forget your regular signature. They want you to write down your full name in cursive as a signature.I will be around here for any case somebody might have a question. I wish luck to everybody and THANKS FOR HELP AND SUPPORT. This is such a great group.

My timeline
Priority Date: 06/25/2007
Fingerprints Appointment: 08/02/2007
Interview date: 12/19/2007 at 12.05 pm
Oath:02/06/2008

Guys how do you check if the FBI check was done. I case is not updated Online and i have not gotten my IL and it has been more than 6 week since my FP..please advise

Mailed--N-400 tsc --07/27/2007
check cashed --11/2007
FP done--12/22/2007
IL--?????

If there is a middle name or any difference between ID's, get ready to explain. He eliminated my middle name because my green card did not have it even if it was on my passport and application.

I have the exact same situation. I didn't fill-in my middle name on the application as it doesn't appear on the GC. Also, I haven't filled in anything under "Any other names used section" on the application.

Will this cause any unnecessary Name Check delay? I am a little bit worried about that.

Thanks,
Newbie.

Hi Newbie001

I don't think it will cause any delay. I don't even think it will rise a question because both your GC and application don't have it. In my case, I have my middle name everywhere passport,birth card,driving license etc. except my GC. I got my naturalization certification without my middle name. When I applied for a passport, I asked the passport officer if I can put my middle name on the passport application. She said that she couldn't see any reason why I should not since my driving license has it. So we will see if they will put my middle name on my passport or not after I get my passport.

Good luck

I don't know what I should say during interview. My application and GC have only first and last name. But passport (India), driver's license, SSN card all have first middle and last names. When the officer asks for ID, and I show this, will this make him to ask more questions and do the namecheck again?

That's the million dollar question from me now.:confused:

Note: I am going to try to correct this during FP process.

Thanks,
Newbie001

That really seems to be a no brainer.

Your birthcertificate and passport is what counts. if they don't match, get it fixed.

Based on that, correct the submitted info when you do your FP.

Then list all other forms of your name used in the appropriate section.

By the way, there was a reason when the IO asked you at time of the GC, if your name was correct.

I really don't understand why there could possibly be a name variation on legal documents.

Is there a way to find out if the FP process has been completed....I got my FP done on 12/22/2008 and there has been no response yet

Hi Newbie001 ,

after having gone through the process I can give you one advice

''Worrying is only going to give you more tension''

just sit back and imagine it is all done , and trust me it will happen like that

As for the name , no matter what document you have passport , ssn etc , the IO will go by the birth certificate , and if you want the name to be anything other than the birth certificate , go for the name change right then , and get the judicial oath , or go with the birth certificate name , and change it via court later

so don't worry , Birth Certificate is all they go by !

I don't know what I should say during interview. My application and GC have only first and last name. But passport (India), driver's license, SSN card all have first middle and last names. When the officer asks for ID, and I show this, will this make him to ask more questions and do the namecheck again?

That's the million dollar question from me now.:confused:

Note: I am going to try to correct this during FP process.

Thanks,
Newbie001

I owe this last message on my case update

The Oath Ceremony in Atlanta on 02/06 went very smooth , a bit delayed as they combined our Original Group 1:00 P.M with the 2:00 P.M same day Oath .

Great Experience , was in by 12:30 , done by around 3:15 , appreciate all the help and support from this forum , will continue to be a part of it as long as possible

Regards // Taurean77