Asylum case withdrawn and I-130 approved. What Now?

I meant those "moral" questions on the I-485 application... However, there is one we should answer yes, which is the one that says "have you been in removal proceedings or deportation.....? " that one apply to us. but I believe is self explanatory at court. You can request the judge to stamp your paspport, you have to say you need to travel ASAP. With that stamp you can leave the country and come back without problem. Just make sure your passport is not expired. U'll do fine!!

I have been in removal proceedings, so we are exact in the same positions, I am so glad that i posted this so we can share our experiences and encourage each other. Thank you.

So you are saying that it will be simple no answer questions and the one answer that is yes is the one about whether "you have been in removal proceedings or deportation?' I will ask for the stamp to travel, how do I ask the judge?

I have been in removal proceedings, so we are exact in the same positions, I am so glad that i posted this so we can share our experiences and encourage each other. Thank you.

So you are saying that it will be simple no answer questions and the one answer that is yes is the one about whether "you have been in removal proceedings or deportation?' I will ask for the stamp to travel, how do I ask the judge?

Sorry it took me too long to answer. I feel the same way like you. we can help each other in this process.

Yes, that's the only questions you should answer with yes. Because you are before a judge, it is understood that you are in removal proceedings, so maybe the judge will make sure if there is another case in court before, but that's not your case.
After you get approved byt he judge, just ask him/her to stamo your passport. You can tell him you need to travel ASAP. However, the greencard are arriving like 2 weeks after approves, so dont feel bad if the judge does not stamp it.

By the way when is your hearing?? Godd luck!!! please share your experience

Sorry it took me too long to answer. I feel the same way like you. we can help each other in this process.

Yes, that's the only questions you should answer with yes. Because you are before a judge, it is understood that you are in removal proceedings, so maybe the judge will make sure if there is another case in court before, but that's not your case.
After you get approved byt he judge, just ask him/her to stamo your passport. You can tell him you need to travel ASAP. However, the greencard are arriving like 2 weeks after approves, so dont feel bad if the judge does not stamp it.

By the way when is your hearing?? Godd luck!!! please share your experience

MY INTERVIEW IS NEXT WEEK TUESDAY, MARCH 25. I AM SO EXCITED. MY HUSBAND IS ON TRAINING OUT OF TOWN N NEEDS THE EXCUSE TO COME. I KNOW ITS A MUST THAT HE IS THERE FOR THE FINAL HEARING. I HOPE THAT I CAN GET THE CARD IN TWO WEEKS, IF I GET THE STAMP THANK GOD. SO WHAT KIND OF QUESTIONS ARE THE OTHER QUESTIONS? THE ONES ON THE I-485 FORM? THANK YOU SO MUCH. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

ohh great!! you will be ok!! dont worry! yes I meant all those questions on the I-485. However, I hope you a re prepared woth your husband for any question regarding your marriage..

Hello Guys,
Please I need your help. Here is my question: what would happen if I get deny for political asylum and then I decide to visit my country someday while my status in the US is still valid. I am an F-1 student doing a PhD. Because of recent events in my country, I was thinking about applying for an asylum because I really do want to take a break from school and work for a while.
Thanks.

Hello Guys,
Please I need your help. Here is my question: what would happen if I get deny for political asylum and then I decide to visit my country someday while my status in the US is still valid. I am an F-1 student doing a PhD. Because of recent events in my country, I was thinking about applying for an asylum because I really do want to take a break from school and work for a while.
Thanks.

Once should be enough I think. Why're you asking the same question in different threads? :confused:

Once should be enough I think. Why're you asking the same question in different threads? :confused:

Sorry, I was asked by someone one day to ask my question in the right section so figured it out i might have put in the wrong one thats why I put it in other sections. Sorry again. I didnt mean to get a lot of answers. I just want to hear from someone who had a similar experience or knows of someone with the same situation.
Thanks

ohh great!! you will be ok!! dont worry! yes I meant all those questions on the I-485. However, I hope you a re prepared woth your husband for any question regarding your marriage..

HEY, SORRY I DIDNT GET BACK EARLY. I DID NOT GET THE GREEN CARD APPROVED THAT DAY BECAUSE A PRESECUTOR DECIDED TO RAISE ISSUES FROM MY ASYLUM CASE THAT WAS WIHDRAWN AND THE JUDGE WAS REALLY UPSET WITH HIM. HE THINKS I NEED A WAIVER SHE SAID I DO NOT SO THAT GOOD. THE CASE HOWEVER WAS POSTPONED TO JUNE 11 FOR US TO PROVE THAT MY ASYLUM CASE WAS TRUE. THE JUDGE WAS UPSET BECAUSE SHE HAD MADE HER DECISION TO GRANT ME MY GC THAT WAS WHY MY APPT WAS AT 8AM SHE SAID. OH WELL SO I AM TRYING TO GET A LETTER FROM HOME TO PROVE THE WITHDRAWN ASYLUM WAS VALID SO EVEN THO IT WAS WITHDRAWN THEY CAN PULL ISSUES FROM IT STILL.

GOODLUCK GUYS I AM PRAYING THAT MINE IS SENT TO ME BY MAIL CUS TRULY THERE IS NOT NEED TO GO BACK IN JUNE.

Thank you for writting Pepsi. I am sorry it did not went perfect, but you just need some paperwork to prove about your asylum. SO you will be fine. You will go in June 11, just to show up, your case it is approved by the judge. The state attorney just wanted to make feel eveyone that he can make decisions..

Mine will be on april 17th at 8AM. However, I will se me attorney this saturday to get prepared for the hearing.

How long did the hearing last? can you give me a brief description of how it went?

thanks you pepsi, remember we are together in our cases!

Hey David, it was like 5 to 10 mins with the judge and the state attorney goin back n forth. the judge never asked me a single question I must say she onlysaid the regular things like if english is my first language and if my address was to change to let them know and all.

Goodluck and don't panic have faith, usually if its at 8am i think u will be out of there sooner than u know it. I am getting my letter to prove the asylum but it my lawyer says once the judge has approved it the letter is just to satisfy the state attorney's request.

Thanks keep me posted as well

thank you for your quick response. I am glad with that letter you will be fine. My hearing will be in 2 weeks, so I will keeo you posted!

I got news last week. My final hearing was moved for a day before of the originial scheduled. It will be on April, 16th. According to the attorney, the judge also schedule that hearing for a 30 minutes hearing instead of a 1 hour hearing as original. I let you know!!

Hi Pepsi.

Today I got approved at the court. The hearing was only schedule for 30 minutes, but it only took like 15 minutes. The fisrst thing the judge did was to give the medicals to the state attorney. then the judge asked my about the way I entered to the country. then the turn was for the state attorney to ask. She asked about my relationship, my marriage, and about my work. She asked me like 10 questions. then she said it was Ok, The the judge granted me the adjustment of status. SHe gave me the approvation paper, to take it to the immigration office to request the green card.

If you need moe details please let me know... thank you for all your support.. I let you know the Infopass wnet after monday

I'm really happy for you Davidm992. Since 2005?
How do you feel?
Thanks for all ur advice and for sharing.
How his Letsien?

Thank you!!! I know it was a long process, but finally eveything came out good. I've been ilegally for a couple of years, so let me tell you it is a huge relief, so everyone, try to hang in there.. thre is a light after that road!
Thank you for your warm wishes!

hi, i have a same problem like u, me and my wife went to a stoke interview on 2/12/08 we did well, i received a letter after 3 days my I-130 approved but it said they tranfered my case to the court, so my hearing date is on 5/16, but last week i received a 1-130 stokes interview letter again, its exectly the first letter i had received before, the interview date is on 7/31. my i130 was approved how come i received this letter again??
anyone can help??

Just go to the new interview with your wife, and show the official the approval letter you got at your last interview. I know it is a pain to come back, but you arealready approved. Don't worry, court process will be much easier having the I-130 approved. IN my case the judge asked me if I had and interview before then she said the hearing will not take long because of lmy last interview. Good luck. Keep us posted please!!

Just go to the new interview with your wife, and show the official the approval letter you got at your last interview. I know it is a pain to come back, but you arealready approved. Don't worry, court process will be much easier having the I-130 approved. IN my case the judge asked me if I had and interview before then she said the hearing will not take long because of lmy last interview. Good luck. Keep us posted please!!

Aww I am so happy for you, thank God. I am sorry I am now replying you didn't realise you had replied since the interview.

cAN YOU TELL ME THE QTS THEY ASKED, DID THE judge ask your wife anything in the interview?

thank you I go back on June 11th, I got the statement the prosecuter demanded. so I pray its over in 5 mins too.

Aww I am so happy for you, thank God. I am sorry I am now replying you didn't realise you had replied since the interview.

cAN YOU TELL ME THE QTS THEY ASKED, DID THE judge ask your wife anything in the interview?

thank you I go back on June 11th, I got the statement the prosecuter demanded. so I pray its over in 5 mins too.

Hi Pepsi! good to have you back! and thanks for the good energy! :) you will be next!

The first thing the judge did was to ask me if i had a I-130 intervew already. My attorney said yes, so the judge said "Then this hearing will be short, un less the prosecuter is not agree". (that was a good feeling for me, 'cause I already knew that the judge wanted me to get approved). Then, the judge gave the medical to the prosecuter in order to check it out.

Then the judge started asking me:

1-where are you from?
2-what is your wifes's name?
3-when did you get married?
4-what type of visa did you use to come to US?
5-WHere do you live?
6-who do you live with?
7-Where do ou work?
8-what di u do at your job?
9-How long you benn working there?
10-how much do you earn?
11-have you commited any crime? (then all those "legal" questions"

Then was the turn of the prosecuter..:

1-When did you get married?
2-HOw did you met with your wife?
3-D o you know your wife's family?
4-how long have you met?
5- Did you get married to get any immigration benefit?
6- Don you thing it is suspicius that you get married while you were in removal proceedings?

Then she was satisfied wiht my answers then she finished with the questions.

However, the judge was kind of making pressure on the prosecuter to finish. We only had a 30 minutes hearing. Then the judge approved the residence, blah m blah, blah... then go to celebrate..

I hope that give you an idea. I know you wil be fine. donde get nervous.. OH they did not asked anythig to my wife.. Good luck.. and pleqse let me if you need more info I can provide you with!

Talk to you later!

Hi Pepsi! good to have you back! and thanks for the good energy! :) you will be next!

The first thing the judge did was to ask me if i had a I-130 intervew already. My attorney said yes, so the judge said "Then this hearing will be short, un less the prosecuter is not agree". (that was a good feeling for me, 'cause I already knew that the judge wanted me to get approved). Then, the judge gave the medical to the prosecuter in order to check it out.

Then the judge started asking me:

1-where are you from?
2-what is your wifes's name?
3-when did you get married?
4-what type of visa did you use to come to US?
5-WHere do you live?
6-who do you live with?
7-Where do ou work?
8-what di u do at your job?
9-How long you benn working there?
10-how much do you earn?
11-have you commited any crime? (then all those "legal" questions"

Then was the turn of the prosecuter..:

1-When did you get married?
2-HOw did you met with your wife?
3-D o you know your wife's family?
4-how long have you met?
5- Did you get married to get any immigration benefit?
6- Don you thing it is suspicius that you get married while you were in removal proceedings?

Then she was satisfied wiht my answers then she finished with the questions.

However, the judge was kind of making pressure on the prosecuter to finish. We only had a 30 minutes hearing. Then the judge approved the residence, blah m blah, blah... then go to celebrate..

I hope that give you an idea. I know you wil be fine. donde get nervous.. OH they did not asked anythig to my wife.. Good luck.. and pleqse let me if you need more info I can provide you with!

Talk to you later!

I am so glad you are sharing. I will keep you posted. Your judge had the same attitude as mine she had already preapproved you. I am so looking forward to sharing my good news soon.

Thank you