Asylum case withdrawn and I-130 approved. What Now?

pepsi

Registered Users (C)
Thank you guys, I really need your help. Ok, I was trying to get political asylum between 2005 to 2007 March. My asylum case was not approved and lead to removal proceeding to the immigration judge. However my lawyer asked to withdraw my asylum case because I was married to an american citizen who had filed for me.

The judge give us another date, which is dec 18th, 2007. to come back in case my marriage interview was approved. She is supposedly responsible to approve the Green card.

i got married to my college sweetheart in dec 06. he filed for me, and my interview was sept 14, it was approved. I have done my fingerprints and the picture and paid for the green card application and all.

Now I would like to know what happens now when I go to court on Dec 18, 2007? The judge will review my papers according to my lawyer and give us another date for the final hearing. Does anyone know about a case like this? Please help. Thx

Hi. I am in the same boat as you. the only difference is that we are not interviewed yet. We are waiting for the I-130 interview in order to get adjust satus before the judge as you are doing. Can you elaborate more how was your interview please?? and when didi you apply for your I-130?

See my signature below, you will see more details.. thank you and good luck with your case. you are getting there!!

Accordinglly to my attorney at that stage where you are. The judge will schedule an individual hearing to adjsut satus with he or she. He needs to have your fingerprints checked in order to do that.

David, My interview was easy let the person who filed for u do most of the talking that way u dont seem so desperate and the one most in need. Practice over and over the least important thing dont panic. mine was actually 5 mins. my hubby did most of the talkin and make eye contact with the interviewer.

my case was filed in early Feb, we got the interview in September.

David, My interview was easy let the person who filed for u do most of the talking that way u dont seem so desperate and the one most in need. Practice over and over the least important thing dont panic. mine was actually 5 mins. my hubby did most of the talkin and make eye contact with the interviewer.

my case was filed in early Feb, we got the interview in September.

Thank you for you quick response! DO you have to provide proof of your marriage? or what type of questions did te officer ask you?

David, you will need the marriage cert, pics and statements from friends who state things that the marriage is real. Do you have a lawyer? What are they saying?

Yea. we have an attorney, but we dont plan to take with us because I heard in differet cases, that he or she will not be allow to talk unless there is somethign wrong wiht the interview.
Did you went with attorney to the interview?

My Attorney was there. He didn't say anything but he was there. You never know if they can be present just in case, let them be. that is why u are paying them.

I know you create this thread trying to get some answers regardiong your situation, so I apologize to use it for something else, but you are the 1st person in this forum that been in the same situation I am. So, your experience is very valuable for me. At this moment I am just stuck!, bacause there is not sitation ofr the I-130 interview yet. because of that, I could not get a work permit and still have to pay out-sate fees at the college..

Did the officer ask you something regarding the political asylum?
After having the I-130 approved, did your attorney schedule a hearing to withdraw the asylum application? or how was that?

thank you for your time.

Ok, You missed my point. My asylum case was withdrawn in March 07. I have not been back to court yet. I am due in court thei monthe the 18th, to submit the approved I-130 to the judge, so she can approve my greencard application.

the I-130 interviewer has nothing to do with ur asylum case, so it will not be mentioned. Be faithful and believe and u will be fine.

I wish someone cud be kind on here to help us out with what the final steps in our case is like. Like what does the judge look for and whether the final hearing is a Must. My lawyer says my case is done cus the I-130 was approved and that was all the judge needed to grant my greencard ok.

Goodluck keep me updated too.

Thank you guys, I really need your help. Ok, I was trying to get political asylum between 2005 to 2007 March. My asylum case was not approved and lead to removal proceeding to the immigration judge. However my lawyer asked to withdraw my asylum case because I was married to an american citizen who had filed for me.

The judge give us another date, which is dec 18th, 2007. to come back in case my marriage interview was approved. She is supposedly responsible to approve the Green card.

i got married to my college sweetheart in dec 06. he filed for me, and my interview was sept 14, it was approved. I have done my fingerprints and the picture and paid for the green card application and all.

Now I would like to know what happens now when I go to court on Dec 18, 2007? The judge will review my papers according to my lawyer and give us another date for the final hearing. Does anyone know about a case like this? Please help. Thx

I don't know if this helps or not. My brother is in a similar position. We were arrested by immigration officers who took us from our home. I applied for asylum and got it and my brother told the judge that he would like to marry his american citizen girlfriend. The judge allowed him to apply I-130/I-485 which got approved this October. He just got a letter from immigration court to appear before them so that they could close your case. More than likely you will be granted relief and the case will be closed.

I don't know if this helps or not. My brother is in a similar position. We were arrested by immigration officers who took us from our home. I applied for asylum and got it and my brother told the judge that he would like to marry his american citizen girlfriend. The judge allowed him to apply I-130/I-485 which got approved this October. He just got a letter from immigration court to appear before them so that they could close your case. More than likely you will be granted relief and the case will be closed.

Thx a lot. Do you thik he will be interviewed again with his wife? I am so sick of being interviewed.

Hi Pepsi. I found out something that could apply to our simillar cases. Chech the link below. Ypu should read the one "Post-order instructions", you are in that stage where u already took your fingerprints. Your attorney must schedule an Individual hearing, where you will show the judge that: your I-130 is approved, that you pay for your I-485, also, that you took your fingerprints. In addition to that you will need your medical and affidavit form. It is good that your attorney do that paperwok for you bacause courts have "their own" rules to file papers such as paper size, punch holes, etc..
Feel good , looks like you are in the final stage. Just thing about that if the judge allow us more time to get a petition approved regardlees the removal proceeding is because he or she want to help, but of course, they need a legal way to approved, such the relief for marriage. or just read the post before the the judge let his brither to marry wih his g/f to get a relief form!..

Check the links, there is good information, I know could be better if someone that been in that situation before explain it by him/her self..

How many times have you been interviewed?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Hi Pepsi. I found out something that could apply to our simillar cases. Chech the link below. Ypu should read the one "Post-order instructions", you are in that stage where u already took your fingerprints. Your attorney must schedule an Individual hearing, where you will show the judge that: your I-130 is approved, that you pay for your I-485, also, that you took your fingerprints. In addition to that you will need your medical and affidavit form. It is good that your attorney do that paperwok for you bacause courts have "their own" rules to file papers such as paper size, punch holes, etc..
Feel good , looks like you are in the final stage. Just thing about that if the judge allow us more time to get a petition approved regardlees the removal proceeding is because he or she want to help, but of course, they need a legal way to approved, such the relief for marriage. or just read the post before the the judge let his brither to marry wih his g/f to get a relief form!..

Check the links, there is good information, I know could be better if someone that been in that situation before explain it by him/her self..

How many times have you been interviewed?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I was interviewed for the asylum twice, was not approved on the 1st one and was put in removal proceedings sent to the immigration court. the next was in march, when i withdrew the case.

my marriage interview was in sept, i did my fingerprints on nov 30th, i have my medical and my affidavit of support, my lawyer is preparing them himself for me.
I will then go to present the approved I-130, affidavits and medicals on dec 18th to the judge. My thing is that I want the presentation to be the last I want an idea of whether that will be the final hearing. My lawyer thinks there may not be time enough for the judge to review the paper while we are there. We may have to be schedule for another date. I pray not. I want to be over with all of this the 18th.
Thx for the news. I will keep you inform ok, no worries we will be fine.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Let me tell you that if your next appoiment with the court is a master hearing, like your attonery said, woulb be hard for the judge to review all the paperwork that day because as we know in a master hearing there are several people waiting. Try to talk wiht your attorney if he or she can schedule an individual hearing wiht the court office in order to go straight to your final hearing.. For example, I had a master hearing on august (for the removal proceedings), but bacause I had not the I-130 approved yet, the attorney filed a continuation of the case thru the court office, so I did not have to show up at the court. the only adavantage for me to do that is that I save the $$$ I had to pay the attoenyfor each visit..

I wish you good luck, eveything will be fine!! looking foward to hear from you soon!

again, thank you for sahring your experience

Let me tell you that if your next appoiment with the court is a master hearing, like your attonery said, woulb be hard for the judge to review all the paperwork that day because as we know in a master hearing there are several people waiting. Try to talk wiht your attorney if he or she can schedule an individual hearing wiht the court office in order to go straight to your final hearing.. For example, I had a master hearing on august (for the removal proceedings), but bacause I had not the I-130 approved yet, the attorney filed a continuation of the case thru the court office, so I did not have to show up at the court. the only adavantage for me to do that is that I save the $$$ I had to pay the attoenyfor each visit..

I wish you good luck, eveything will be fine!! looking foward to hear from you soon!

Thank you too,
My hearing that day is not the master hearing. I think we will only be submiting the papers to the judge. the judge will then give us another date to come back for the results afte reviewing the papers. I dont think my lawyer decides the date for the final hearing. Could he ask for it on the same day? Will my husband have to come to the final hearing and are we interviewed again?
I dont know how long it will be b4 the master hearing cus i want to travel in March.

Mine last interview was alone in the court, no one was waiting so i am hopin for that type of room where no one else was ther but us, if so I may get the result that day. I am praying for that.

Put that on God's hands. You will be fine!! I believe you already did the difficult part. Wich was to get the the I-130 with the officer. By the way, did they took your spouse to other room while the interviewed you? in other words did you have what they call "stokes interview"?

I have news. My interview will be on january 8th. It will be in 4 weeks from today. Because u already passes for that, please! last recomendations...

Put that on God's hands. You will be fine!! I believe you already did the difficult part. Wich was to get the the I-130 with the officer. By the way, did they took your spouse to other room while the interviewed you? in other words did you have what they call "stokes interview"?

I have news. My interview will be on january 8th. It will be in 4 weeks from today. Because u already passes for that, please! last recomendations...

WE were interviewed in the same room. like i said let ur partner do most of the answering.

God bless. I will let u know what tuesday was like.

Hi pepsi.

Today is the big day day for you! Do your best.. God will do the rest!. Please share with us how was the experiecen at the court.