Asylum case withdrawn and I-130 approved. What Now?

Hi, I Went To Court On Tuesday To Submit The Paperworks To The Judge. I Have Not Done The Fingerprint So She Collected The Medicals, Affidavit And Approve I-130.
There Was No Interview, And My Next Hearing Is On End Of March, My Spouse Has To Be Present Since He Filed For Me. I Just Hope We Are Not Interviewed.

Hi.I've talked to two lawyers and they have said that they were able to terminate asylum just by sending motion to the Judge.But I guess Judge will want to see us no mater what!! Hopefully we all will go through this with no questions and troubles. :) keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi.Guys do you know if we can apply for a travel document even if we are getting GC through the marriage??

Hi.I've talked to two lawyers and they have said that they were able to terminate asylum just by sending motion to the Judge.But I guess Judge will want to see us no mater what!! Hopefully we all will go through this with no questions and troubles. :) keeping my fingers crossed.

HI, YEAH THIS IS WHAT MY LAWYER SAID AS WELL. SO QUESTION AT THE MASTER HEARING RUBS ME THE WRONG WAY, I AM TIRED OF ALL THESE INTERVIEWS AND I DONT WAN TO DO IT AGAIN. THE JUDGE REQUEST THAT MY SPOUSE IS PRESENT ON THAT DAY. I ASKED MY LAWTER WHY SAYS BCUS SHE NEEDS TO SEE US TOGETHER IT IS THE PROCEDURE, HE NEVER SAID THAT WE WILL BE INTERVIEWED. SINCE THE JUDGE CAN NOT DISREGARD THE I-130 APPROVAL AND ASK THE SAME TYPES OF QUESTIONS, IT IS LIKE NOT RESPECTING THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER'S JOB, WHO APPROVED US IN THE FIRST PLACE.
I AM PRAYING AGAINST IT.

Hi.Guys do you know if we can apply for a travel document even if we are getting GC through the marriage??

IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE OUT OF STATUS FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS I THINK NO. RESEARCH IT ON GOOGLE. PLS STAY PUT UNTIL ALL IS DONE, TRUST ME NO ONE WANTED TO TRAVEL MORE THAN ME. I HAVE BEEN HERE IN THIS PROCESS SINCE 2004. IT IS ALMOST OVER AND I AM GLAD.

It is not a good idea to travel if you have a case on court. Not even if you did not overstied your visa. Just wait unitl you are out fo the proceedings. Hang in there buddy!

i don't want to travel now, too scaryyyyy:eek:. My passport is not valid any more, and i'd like to go to see my family to another country then my original after i receive GC. I know it's still couple of months, however Im trying to find out if Im eligible to receive travel passport along with GC :)
ps. i can't travel with my passport anymore:(

Hey Guys, I just came from my I-130 interview. I am very happy. They approved it. ! yeahh.

We (wife and attorney) arrived there at 8:15am, appoiment was at 8:30am. They called my name at 9:20am. The officer, a very nice lady, made us follow her to her office. She asked for our IDs. Later, She asked my wife (peticioner) for her current address then ask for her naturalization certificate, original then copy. Also, asked for my passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate. After she review those documents, she ask us for the bonafide documentation. She went through each paper, then she file them in her file. The only questions she asked me was "How long have u been dating before marriage?".

After that, She approved the petition and wish us good luck at the court. We been there like 15 minutes.

After we left the building, we went to the attorney's office to fill the I-485 package.
She mail a copy of the I-485 and the money order to Texas. The I-485 original, plus the extra documentation (marriage license, Affidavit, medical., etc) she will be take them to the court, in order to ask a final hearing.

SO that was my experiecne for today! thank you everybody for the positive energy you gave me. I know I won the battle. I still need to win the war!. I will keep you guys informed.

Hey Guys, I just came from my I-130 interview. I am very happy. They approved it. ! yeahh.

We (wife and attorney) arrived there at 8:15am, appoiment was at 8:30am. They called my name at 9:20am. The officer, a very nice lady, made us follow her to her office. She asked for our IDs. Later, She asked my wife (peticioner) for her current address then ask for her naturalization certificate, original then copy. Also, asked for my passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate. After she review those documents, she ask us for the bonafide documentation. She went through each paper, then she file them in her file. The only questions she asked me was "How long have u been dating before marriage?".

After that, She approved the petition and wish us good luck at the court. We been there like 15 minutes.

After we left the building, we went to the attorney's office to fill the I-485 package.
She mail a copy of the I-485 and the money order to Texas. The I-485 original, plus the extra documentation (marriage license, Affidavit, medical., etc) she will be take them to the court, in order to ask a final hearing.

SO that was my experiecne for today! thank you everybody for the positive energy you gave me. I know I won the battle. I still need to win the war!. I will keep you guys informed.

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU, OF COURSE I WILL GO TO THE COURT FOR MY FINAL HEARING BEFORE YOU, IN MARCH I WILL KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED.

Thank you vey much pepsi!! Yeah please keep me me informed about your court day.

By the way, did you send your I-485 to the Texas service center? If you did, how long did it take you to get the NOA (receipts letters) asfter you send thr application by mail?

Hello David and Pepsi.

I am in the same boat as you two. Only in my case, it's taking way too long for the USCIS to make a decision.
I have an approved I-130, and my asylum case was withdrawn on the advice of my lawyer.

I-130 was approved in 2006., and the asylum case finally closed based on that approval so I could pursue the case administratively. I had my I-485 interview on October 30 of 2007. I am yet to get a decision from the USCIS. I have queried them hoping for a quick response. Instead all I got was that starting from the query date of January this year, they would make a decision within 90 days. Which points to April again. It's totally frustrating.

Another frustrating thing is that the USCIS are not updating my case online. I even had to query them to get the I-485 interview date.

I wish u guys luck!

Were you interviewed again for the I-485 after the I-130? my I-130 was approved as you know. but my asylum case was sent to the judge before my lawyer withdrew it based on marriage. the judge said to come back in dec 2007 after my I-130 interview in sept 2007. I went to the judge in dec, my figerprint was not done so we presented the approved I-130 AND AFFIDAVIT AND ALL.
the judge said i should go back to court with my husband after the fingerprint is done. this next date is in march, i am concerned with being interviewed again, my lawyer thinks there will be no interview since i am so over all the interviewing and the stress that comes along with it.
Do you have any clue what that final hearing is like?

Hello David and Pepsi.

I am in the same boat as you two. Only in my case, it's taking way too long for the USCIS to make a decision.
I have an approved I-130, and my asylum case was withdrawn on the advice of my lawyer.

I-130 was approved in 2006., and the asylum case finally closed based on that approval so I could pursue the case administratively. I had my I-485 interview on October 30 of 2007. I am yet to get a decision from the USCIS. I have queried them hoping for a quick response. Instead all I got was that starting from the query date of January this year, they would make a decision within 90 days. Which points to April again. It's totally frustrating.

Another frustrating thing is that the USCIS are not updating my case online. I even had to query them to get the I-485 interview date.

I wish u guys luck!

Hello Amitab. It seems that you are almost through.. :) that's good.. The same rough road I m gonna have in nearest future :confused:. I gotta a few question to You. Did you file all forms together(130,485,765), did you receive EAD card? Were you asked about your asylum at the interview?? did you mention anything about it? What papers did your lawyer submit to withdraw your case?(any motion or forms) Thanks in advance.
good luck to all of you:)

Were you interviewed again for the I-485 after the I-130? my I-130 was approved as you know. but my asylum case was sent to the judge before my lawyer withdrew it based on marriage. the judge said to come back in dec 2007 after my I-130 interview in sept 2007. I went to the judge in dec, my figerprint was not done so we presented the approved I-130 AND AFFIDAVIT AND ALL.
the judge said i should go back to court with my husband after the fingerprint is done. this next date is in march, i am concerned with being interviewed again, my lawyer thinks there will be no interview since i am so over all the interviewing and the stress that comes along with it.
Do you have any clue what that final hearing is like?

Yes, to your question. We were interviewed again for the I-485. But that interview wasn't as tough as the I-130. Just regular stuff. They want to see proof that you two are living together, joint accounts, etc.

In my case, there was no final hearing. Because what we sought was to close the Asylum case which was granted by the Judge eventually.

But, I tell you, it was no easy task. This was an issue that started in 2003, and went through 4 judges before it was eventually closed.
However, I have heard in certain cases that the Judge may order the processing of your green card if your case case finds merit before him/her.

Good luck!

Hello Amitab. It seems that you are almost through.. :) that's good.. The same rough road I m gonna have in nearest future :confused:. I gotta a few question to You. Did you file all forms together(130,485,765), did you receive EAD card? Were you asked about your asylum at the interview?? did you mention anything about it? What papers did your lawyer submit to withdraw your case?(any motion or forms) Thanks in advance.
good luck to all of you:)

I filed each one separately and I never filed for 765. My lawyer wanted to be cautious. An approved I-130 lead to us filling I-485. My wife works at the moment, as such I did not push filling I765 with my lawyer. He was very skeptical about it.

I was not asked about my asylum case during the 2 interviews. But they have the files for reference which I am sure they looked at.

My lawyer moved to close the asylum case based on marriage to USC.

Good Luck.

Finally, Great News. I have just been approoved. I received the email today.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 29, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.