Asylum case withdrawn and I-130 approved. What Now?

It is not switching status. It is to have them at the same time. In my case, the political asylum file is at the court. The petetion case is at USCIS. However, the judge is waiting for the petetion to be approved in order for him to let me adjust status. then the attorney will withdraw the asylum application.

It is not switching status. It is to have them at the same time. In my case, the political asylum file is at the court. The petetion case is at USCIS. However, the judge is waiting for the petetion to be approved in order for him to let me adjust status. then the attorney will withdraw the asylum application.

i have my asylum pending - case going back and forward from BIA to IJ, and i am married to USC and have approved i-130, so i can apply from mariage side? the problem is - i dont have clear admision...

i have my asylum pending - case going back and forward from BIA to IJ, and i am married to USC and have approved i-130, so i can apply from mariage side? the problem is - i dont have clear admision...

Had you been interviwed for the I-130? Please share your experienceof that..

Abput your case. I believe you have to work it through your asylum because of your entrance without inspection (if that's what you meant). You know that if you want to adjust status you need that I-94. Talk to your attorney, if there is a waver to avoid you to going ot your origin country having in mind your marriage and your I-130 approved. That's what the judge needs from the USCIS in order for him to make his/her decisions.. Good luck! and please keep us updated!

thanks for response. No, i didnt have interview I-130. My lawer did a good job putting stuff together, it took 3 month to get approved i-130. I know it might be a problem to do mariage stuff without clear proof about inspection, my lawer says its all depend on IJ, etc...

awwww that means that you better stick to the same attorney. Like you said, all depends on the IJ, but a least you have a good attorney to win the battle. What does the attorney tell you about your case? is he going to fight it through the asylum?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, we gonna continie w asulym for now. Does anyone have luck transfering case from one state to another?

I did transfer my asylum case from oralndo to Miami. That was the first hearing at court I had. I requested the jusdge to change my address to Miami.

I did transfer my asylum case from oralndo to Miami. That was the first hearing at court I had. I requested the jusdge to change my address to Miami.

i just saw you have i-130 appoitment? did they requested it? usually you dont have to go there... also i have my case in Nevada and my lawyer now in Florida(i live in Florida now), but i dont know if you can transfer case after BIA remanded case to IJ again...

Yes, they requested the inerview for the I-130. The thing was I did not attached proof of the bomafide marriage at the momento of filing the application. I believe that's the reason. It will be in almost 2 weeks..

Hi, I Went To Court On Tuesday To Submit The Paperworks To The Judge. I Have Not Done The Fingerprint So She Collected The Medicals, Affidavit And Approve I-130.
There Was No Interview, And My Next Hearing Is On End Of March, My Spouse Has To Be Present Since He Filed For Me. I Just Hope We Are Not Interviewed.

Accordingly to the attorney, there will be some quaestions regarding the bona fide marriage at the court. Also, You will be asked the common I-485 questions, but you are almost done! I am glad you are getting there. I'll let you know how was my I-130 interview. It will be on tuesday.

Hi guys. I have the same situation as you do. In January FP( 765/485), and February Master Hearing at the court. Waiting for the Interview letter.What do you think, am I eligible to ask the judge for a final hearing, right after the interview??:confused: I don't have an attorney. Do you think it's necessary to have one??:confused: If my interview is approved, will I obtain a GC or I will have to wait for the judge's decision??:confused: please post about your experience after 1/8/8 Interview(130) and next steps that you are going to make.Thanks. keep in touch :)

Hi, It seems that you had your I-130 approved. Please share your experiecne how you got it approved please!.

Good for you, you are doing it by yourself, you are saving some $$$. Just make sure to READ everything, then double check each paper you submit then you will be fine. Also follow those instructions step by step

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

To let you know about my case, my attorney plans after the interview (if I got approved) to file the I-485 as you did. Then do the fingerprinting, and then ask the court for a Final hearing in order to adjust status before the judge.

In other words, when you have your final hearing, the judge will schedule an individual hearing for you, that's where you will be approved.

Hi comrades!! I haven't had approved I-130 yet. Im having Biometrics in january, so it is a long road to the interview...:rolleyes:
According to the EOIR-42b we are eligible to terminate/cancel our cases even prior to the I-130 interview. That's why i want to do it. Is your attorney going to do that as it said on the web page that you presented?? 100$ application fee and 70 for biometrics?? send it first to Texas service center and so on....?? And if I may ask You, how much is it charged for termination/cancellation case??!!:cool: Im asking that to know if it's worth to have an attorney.

hmm intersting!! regarding Pespi's case. Did his attorney give the judge only approved I-130, medical, and affidavit?? or He did give this EOIR-42b application or any kind of motion of cancellation... trying to clarify how it works...

Hi. to be honest with you, now I got confused with the EOIR-42b form. I'm reading its instructions, and what it looks that you must have 10 years of continuing presence in the country. I think (not sure) that form is used to get a another relief from removal instead of the marriage with a USC.

Also, I am wondering how did you apply for the I-485 and I-765 proir of having I-130 approved. The reason of that is beacause the judge in my priors master hearings, she told that I needed to have the I-130 approved. That's why I had like 3 master hearings and always is the same thing, the Judge gaving me more time to get the I-130. That's why I never sent any applications as you did. Did you get receipts forms for the I-485 and for thework permit?
When did you apply for the I-130?

Regarding your questions, my attoerney will follow the directions on the link I sent you before. By the way, I spoke with the attoenry last week. She said right after the I-130 interview, she will file I-485 application through the court, then send the copies to the Texas office (as in in the instrucctions).

Last edited by a moderator:
HI. I've sent all applications together(130/485/765). I've received all receipts.Hope it works out this way.. Like I said previously, Im waiting for FP in january. and i guess im gonna wait(with court case) till i get approved. :) can't wait to have it finished... :) keep in touch to let us know what is going on!!

I think there are two things about eoir 42b. To tell it in a simple way: you can cancel court case because: it can affect in harmful way your USC spouse, and you have been to the US at the very least for 3 years continuously. However,after closing your asylum case You are becoming illegal.

Accordingly to the attorney, there will be some quaestions regarding the bona fide marriage at the court. Also, You will be asked the common I-485 questions, but you are almost done! I am glad you are getting there. I'll let you know how was my I-130 interview. It will be on tuesday.

IS IT ANOTHER ONE ON ONE INTERVIEW AGAIN? MY LAWYER IS NOT SAYING MUCH HE JUST SAYS IT OVER THE HARDEST PART IS DONE. BUT IF WE WILL BE INTERVIEWED I NEED TO KNOW. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY COMMON I-485 QUESTIONS? I HAVE NO IDEA, ARE THEY LIKE OUR MARRIAGE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS OR WHAT?

Accordingly to my attorney, at the individual hearing the judge could interview us again. By the way, I am also being advised that I should be able to answer questions of the asylum application.

When I said I-485 common questins I refer to those that ask about "if we intent to perfomr espionage, those questions at the applications that "we shoud answer NO".
So be prepared for everything, but if you made it throuhg the I-130 interview you will be able to make throuhg the court! so dont worry! When are u going to have your final hearing?