Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2011 Tracker

hi everyone, I have a few question regarding n400 application. What if I leave US for just say 22 days, would that be effect my physical and continuous residency? And when can i apply for naturalization
Thank you

Residence since : 07/13/2007

hi everyone, I have a few question regarding n400 application. What if I leave US for just say 22 days, would that be effect my physical and continuous residency? And when can i apply for naturalization
Thank you

Residence since : 07/13/2007

22 days of absent is okay! It won't effect your application.
4/14/2012, you can apply. But for safty, 4/15/2012 or couple days later is better.
Anybody let me know if I am wrong! Thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys,

Can someone do this calculation just wanted to make sure i am right and i can send the N400
Got my GC on 06/22/2007 AND Resident since is 06/22/2006 , what day and month can i officially send my application out ??

Hello Guys,

Can someone do this calculation just wanted to make sure i am right and i can send the N400
Got my GC on 06/22/2007 AND Resident since is 06/22/2006 , what day and month can i officially send my application out ??

Hi Shefe,

You could have officially sent your application on March 24,2011! :) Your 5 years is up on 6/22/2011 and when you subtract 90 days, you get 3/24/11! You can use an online calculator if you want to re-calculate: http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/time/date-day.php

Good luck!

Just want to let you all know that my case has been transfer to local office and an interview will be schedule. I think that was kind of fast. I will see if I will find a letter in my mail box since I am on vacation so I just checked my case online and my case was updated today.

Selective Service

i am about mail my application in about 14 hours from now and selective service question is confusing here or maybe it is just me. Do i choose no or yes

Question 33 is confusing to me
Are you a male who lived in the united states at any time between your 18th and 26th birthday in any status except as a lawful non-immigrant?

My problem is between 18 to 26, i still had a valid visa on my passport but i registered for selective service at the age of 20 so do i say "YES" and provide them with the date registered and selective number even though i had a valid non-immigrant visa status at that time

Hello guys, I got my interview letter. I am schedule for an interview on June 2nd, I think I have plenty time ti study now. Kalvar any updates?

Hello flamingopark2,

No updates but I am happy for your interview letter. They usually have a big push before July 4th to naturalize all they can, so I predict you'll be a citizen by then.

Hi every one (And, OKBLUE),

I have done my interview on April 7th. It took no more than 15 min to out from interview. The officer asked all the questions on N-400 thoughtoly. He also asked if I gave any donation to rebels while I was in COP. I said no. As I have some traffic tickets I mentioned on Application, he asked me about it. About fines, I said I took care of them. He asked me DMV record, I gave a copy of them. Asked about my last trip and asked about other trip. I had 4 trips in total which I told him. No specific questions about going back to COP. I never been any way. Finally Civic, history and English test which was pretty easy. I passed. The officer gave me a paper saying that I passed the test but can to be made decision yet. He further told me that my LPR is not reached 5 years and I must wait and once it reached 5 years . They will send a decisio within 1 month. So, I am waiting my decision/oath letter.
-----nepz06

I am still waiting for the interview letter. It's almost 2 months after the fingerprint. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for LA area?

Hey MGTgrl, our timeline almost the same. I remember how we were getting our greencards 4 years ago. As if it was yesterday. I have sent my N-400 on1/28 and scheduled for interview 05/17. Good luck with your application

Can you guys kindly attach your signatures in your profile, we are trying to see how fast things are going..
Stepent, you should have got something by now

Hi every one (And, OKBLUE),

I have done my interview on April 7th. It took no more than 15 min to out from interview. The officer asked all the questions on N-400 thoughtoly. He also asked if I gave any donation to rebels while I was in COP. I said no. As I have some traffic tickets I mentioned on Application, he asked me about it. About fines, I said I took care of them. He asked me DMV record, I gave a copy of them. Asked about my last trip and asked about other trip. I had 4 trips in total which I told him. No specific questions about going back to COP. I never been any way. Finally Civic, history and English test which was pretty easy. I passed. The officer gave me a paper saying that I passed the test but can to be made decision yet. He further told me that my LPR is not reached 5 years and I must wait and once it reached 5 years . They will send a decisio within 1 month. So, I am waiting my decision/oath letter.
-----nepz06

Thank you for sharing nepz06:D

Hi Everyone,
I would like to share my experience with filing N-400. I am an ex-asylee. Here is my tracking info:

LPR since 05/15/2006
Filed N-400 02/15/2011
N-400 received 02/18/2011
priority date 02/18/2011
notice date 02/22/2011
NOA received 02/26/2011
Biometrics letter 03/07/2011
Biometrics done 03/18/2011
Local Office transfer 04/18/2011
Interview letter 04/20/2011
Interview scheduled 05/31/2011 (Boston USCIS)

Last edited by a moderator:
flamingopark2,
from what I have seen from others explanations yellow letter is a form to tell you what to bring to the interview like the IDs etc but I don't think everybody gets it or others get it after the interview letter just before the interview itself. Question, how could you tell that they cashed your money order? Any way to track that? Thanks.

Hello there, I did not get a yellow letter just interview letter. What is the yellow letter?

Hello everyone,
when I filed my N-400, I stated on the form that I want to change my name. However, I changed my mind and now want to keep my old name as is. Should I call the 800 number to inform about my decision, or can I simply indicate that during the interview???