Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2011 Tracker

I decided to reschedule mine. I was told that they do not take walk-in FP at the USCIS branch in Saint Louis. I do not have other trips plan after those days, so I am hoping it goes well after that.

Hopefully they will reschedule you soon.
Later on today I'll know if they'll allow me to do a walk-in.
Fingers crossed!

I was able to successfully get my fingerprints taken ahead of time.
They were very accommodating.

Hello, forum members,

My N-400 is dated 10/28/2010, fingerprints done 11/30/2010. Got yellow letter 12/8/2010. Since then - nothing. On the uscis website my status is still as "Request for evidence", fingerprinting, that is, dated 11/2/2010. Should I worry and may be check with them, or it takes this long? I read on their website that processing time is 5 months, it is 5 months for me in 3 days but nothing has moved yet.

I will appreciate any advice.

Oath Ceremony Appointment Letter

Hey guys.... Great news to share. I just got my citizenship oath ceremony notice in the mail today for April 13, 2011! :eek: Citizenship in just shy of 4 months! Good luck to all of you still waiting.

WoosterLad

LPR : 03/14/2006
D/O : San Francisco
12/14/2010 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix PO Box
12/17/2010 : USPS mail delivered
12/17/2010 : Priority date
12/22/2010 : Check cashed
12/22/2010 : NOA Received.
01/03/2011 : FP Notice Received.
01/13/11 : FP Appointment - DONE.
02/18/11 : Interview Letter.
03/07/11 : Interview Date - DONE.
03/25/11 : Oath Letter.
04/13/11 : Oath Date.
xx/xx/11 : Applied for Passport
xx/xx/11 : Passport in Hand

Well, I made a trip to Saint Louis to visit some friends and decided to stop at USCIS office with the copy of my fingerprints notice. I explained that I resent my notice to reschedule and the whole story. They told me that they have the time do it right then. So I have done my fingerprints today. Two weeks earlier what it supposes to be orinally. They told me if they send me a letter for fingerprints to ignore it, since I already have the FP done. I hope that I do not get things messed up.

Hello Everyone

After I read this form I find out that I can apply for naturalization in 3 years 9 months.am I right? you guys seriously make my day:D.I got my PR through granted asylum.I got my asylee approval in april 24 2006(I-94 says). and I've been PR since 06/17/07 (according to my GreenC.). I see that many of you fill out n-400 by yourselves.I thought that I need a lawyer to fill the form.I was thinking how much am I gonna pay(I'm a fulltime student)I would like to learn that what did you pick in part 2?A or D?if D is the right answer.what should I write there? Did you guys send any extra documents such as tax transcript?
I'm seriously happy now!Thanks in advance to ur reply.:D

Hello everybody,

It's nice to see some familiar names from the time we were hoping and praying to get our GC! It's now time for citizenship! I just wanted to drop by and post my updates here! I have been posting on the Citizenship forum thinking you all were there! I just saw this thread today.

Anyway, I sent my N400 on Feb 28 (see my signature for my info)! Good luck everyone!

Hope2011,

I am sorry but I think the rule is you have to wait 4 years and 9 months (not 3 years and 9 months) from the date on your GC (the PR since date). It is 3 years and 9 months since the date your received it. For asylum cases, the "PR since date" is backdated 1 year. For example, my GC was issued on 3/7/2007 but my "PR since date" is 3/7/2006) So it means that it's 3 yrs and 9 months from the day my GC was issued, but 4 yrs and 9 months from the "PR since date". I am sorry to ruin your excitement, but it's better to know now than be disappointed later.

Others, please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what to write in selective service question, i.e. question 33. I do not remember registering and I was 23yo (nonimigrant) when i entered the country and 24 when i got my asylum approved.

Thanks and best wishes to you all.

I came to the states with nonimmigrant visa and I was already passed the age of 26. I had to send copy of my passport with the visa where it says I was not an immigrant when I was here and i became an assylee after I was 26. When you mail all the approved evidence they will send you a letter where it will state that you weren't eligible to register because of that. I hope that helps.

MGTgrl and tributeblinky
thanks for the information.but either way, I ll give a shot...for the worst case Im gonna lose $680 bucks and I guess it's worthed cuz this is what I understand.

Ill inform you soon....
P|S!wish me luck

Hi guyz
I am new to these forums , i was searching for info on N400 and landed here, its great to see all of you know each other and help when needed.
i just mailed mine and my wife's N 400 application today through USPS expree mail to phoenix AZ.
Good luck every 1