Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2011 Tracker

You can be interviewed before your 5 year anniversary, but they won't give you an approval notice probably, and will just approve and mail you the oath letter.

El Cafe,

My interview going to be before my LPR 5 years. So, should I tell officer at the Interview, or just stay quite....??!!?

I wouldn't say anything, but I'm sure they are trained to check. But, I think they do give you a form at the end of the interview regardless. Your oath will just be after your 5 year anniversary. Nothing to worry about. Good luck.

Hi guys,

Hope you all are doing fine. I remember some of you from the time of I485, shefe i think we applied for GC around same time and here comes N400 time. I will be applying in first week of April, 2011. And will be visiting this forum often now as it helped me through out the process so far.
Best of luck to you all

Kalvar, you sent your paperwork a day before me. I sent a money order with mine, so I won't be able to know when it is cashed. It seems that things are going good for you.

Greetings to all,
I would like share my timeline with you guys and I hope this helps..

Asylum approved: june 2002 (I applied adjustment of status a year after I was supposed to) I regret it now.
GC received: 07.11.06
08/19/10 : N-400 Mailed ( I mailed it 5 years one month later.) I regret it now.
09/24?/10 : FP Done
10/08/10 :yellow Letter
01/12/11 : Interview Date letter
02/24/11 : Interview Date
03/18/11 : Oath Date
xx/xx/11 : Applied for Passport
xx/xx/11 : Passport in Hand
Sometimes things happen for a reason. I said that I regret but I am happy now.

Kalvar, you sent your paperwork a day before me. I sent a money order with mine, so I won't be able to know when it is cashed. It seems that things are going good for you.

Hi flamingopark2,

I made sure I sent a chek just so that I could know when they would cash it. My case was sent to TX but I still think that we'll be done the same. At the citizenship section I found other people that have the exact timeline as us.
Good luck

Thank you all,
My oath date was today in New York.. I am an american citizen now... I will apply for my passport tomorrow..
Good luck to you all

Guys,

I will be applying for N400 this year. Would I have to go thru the name check and background check again with the FBI?

Thanks

Ed

Do N-400 applicants go through the slow FBI name check process again?
A lot of GC holders got stuck for months and years when they were waiting for I-485 and asylum approvals because of the name check process.

Do they do that again for N-400?

gcapplication06,
I am due to apply right after march 27th but i think i will wait one more weeks

Congrats to everyone who has become a US Citizen

Do N-400 applicants go through the slow FBI name check process again?
A lot of GC holders got stuck for months and years when they were waiting for I-485 and asylum approvals because of the name check process.

Do they do that again for N-400?
Guys,

Can someone please advise if we have to go thru the name check again, when applying for N-400.

Also do they ask any questions in regards to your asylum case during your N-400 interview.

Anyone applying from the Albany, NY area please post your interview experience.

Thanks

Ed

Eddie_240 read my experience!

Your experience doesn't cover the name check process part. The reason I am asking about the name check is because a lot of people have common names that result in a painful slow name check process.

The DHS keeps saying that after May 2009, the maximum waiting period to finish the name check process is 3 months. I know that this is not true because some people in 2010 waited for over a year to get approved for GC and asylum applications.
Some N-400 applicants ended up filing lawsuit because of the slow name check process.

The question is "Do N-400 applicants go through this slow name check process again?"

I am updating my information process. I got the NOA and fingerprint notice today. My fingerprint appointment is on April 11, right on time when I will be in Florida on vacation. I am not sure to reschedule or to show up the week before my appointment. What do you guys think I should do?

Hello everyone,

Today, I received the fingerprint notice.
I have my appointment for April the 1st.
I will be on a cruise during that time so I will go and try to give my fingerprints sometimes next week.